It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
peta is really weird ive seen super pro PETA people with the bumper stickers and the "meat is bad" dont kill cows . if you look at there cars they have merzadez and not eco cars AND the have LEATHER seats
wat does that mean? is peta really an animal rights group or a political group.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, either way, I dont think it qualifies as a secret society, but that is just me. Hell, for all I know, it could be.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just looking at them from the UK - and thats really the only take i have on them - PETA seems like a bunch of rabid looneys whose sole contribution to the animal rights issue will be to let a bunch of beagels run free around the countryside desparate for a nicottine fix. Oh whilst their erstwhile leadership earns its living on the Washington talk show circuit. But then thats just a Brits view of the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I saw a couple installments of quite strong PETA=TERRORISTS ads on Fox News (of course), but was never able to catch the source before the campaign either ran out of money or was yanked.

One focused on one guy (with a mohawk)
that had raided a lab, and PETA paid for his defense lawyers. BFD

Another was all people dying from diseases with the implication that if PETA hadn't stopped the rubbing of mascara in bunnies eyes, lives would be saved. BS

PETA does extremists things. Who doesn't? But I'm suspicious of anyone that wants to shut down all dissent. (Or spends millions on ads against it.)

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
RANT

posted on 10-1-2004 at 06:58 PM
I saw a couple installments of quite strong PETA=TERRORISTS ads on Fox News (of course), but was never able to catch the source before the campaign either ran out of money or was yanked.

then they must be connected to the ELF dudes that or green peace
the whole green party is planning to take over the usa and destroy factories and make us deive eco hodas
i want my ford

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Rant whilst i would agree with you on the fear of shutting down dissent - the work some of the companies do is actually life saving. I owe my mothers life to some remarkable drug developments done - and know without live animal testing could not have been achieved.

I agree that for the sake of cosmetics this is abhorent - but on the other hand I shoot rabbits and eat them - so a total ban on vivisection to me is stupid. In the US I know there are a greater proportion of hunters than we do here - given our gun laws.

I think sometimes people do have to make a value decision between Mankind and the beasts - and sometimes people just get is stupidly wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
dude....u so copied my name

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
silQ - please see my U2U

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of PETA by any means. Have you ever talked to talk to a member? I've tried to hold a conversation with one once, but I'll tell 'ya, it ain't easy. It's like arguing with a parrot - they say the same damn thing over and over again, just getting louder and louder. Typical liberals, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
# PETA. They're just a bunch of extremeists that seem only capable of harming their cause.

I'm all for good treatment of animals, but #, the stunts those wackos have pulled are unbeliveable. And while hurting their own cause, they also hurt cause of other, more legitimate, organisations aiming for better treatment of animals.

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by Paradigm]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
PETA actually stands for People Eating Tasty Animals... You guys got it all wrong..

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I wonder if PETA likes the new craze with the Adkins diet that everyone is on
We are eating meat by the truck loads

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
PETA is probably the craziest psuedo-political group out there (maybe NAMBLA is crazier, but I don't hear about them as often). Everything they say just seems so spectacularly insane. At least they aren't actively destroying property (at least to my knowledge) like the Animal Liberation Front. The ALF actively destroy property in the name of animal rights. They're really just a domestic terrorist group.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
PETA does take sh*t too far but they're not a "Secret Society".

I do commend them for their efforts in exposing how f*cked up the MEAT INDUSTRY is though .

The Adkins diet is bullsh*t by the way. Vegans and fruitarians should avoid it as well.

ONE

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
PETA is absolutly the crazyiest wierdest most stupid useless ignorant orginazation ever created (except for NAMBLA) and deserves to be wiped off the face of the earth like the terrible skirge on mankind that it is. Most certinaly if some of these people put forth more effort into something worth wild there is no telling what they may be able to accomplish. But insted they waste their time and everyone elses time by perpuating their stupid agenda.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I know a few people that are members of PETA and they definitely are not what I would call poor.

Seems that hypocrisy is a bit of the issue with these people.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Extremist Vegetarians?

Thats all i have to say..

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
FORGOT TO SAY I AM HAVING A BIG STEAK THIS WEEKEND AND BOY AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Extremist Vegetarians?

Thats all i have to say..

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerT
FORGOT TO SAY I AM HAVING A BIG STEAK THIS WEEKEND AND BOY AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!

Wow .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join