It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Will Make Biodiesel From Its Own Waste Grease for Trucking Fleet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

McDonald's Will Make Biodiesel From Its Own Waste Grease for Trucking Fleet

www.autobloggreen.com

Over in the UK, McDonald's announced today that it will start using its own waste cooking oil to make biodiesel, which will be then used in its entire truck fleet of 155 vehicles. McDonald's has 1,200 restaurants in Britain, and Matthew Howe, senior vice president with McDonald's UK, told Reuters that the fast food chain just might be able to sell biodiesel to others because they'll likely have some excess. The biodiesel will be made from 85 percent McDonald's waste grease and 15 pure rapeseed ..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's kinda good to hear of a large corporation doing some good for the environment in the news instead of hearing about how they are polluting or otherwise damaging it.

They said they will likely have left over biodiesel after their fuel needs.

What's next, pulling up to the gas pump at McDonalds?

Filler up, and I'll have an order of fries and a coke!

www.autobloggreen.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yeah, instead of people coming by to take it for free, now at least they can turn a little grease into a big profit while people praise them for it.

[edit on 7/12/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's the responsible thing to do...

I agree that it will hurt the individual who is currently collecting WVO (that is waste vegetable oil) for their own biodiesel brewing needs, but it makes sense from the corporate angle. Not only does WVO conversion to biodiesel make up front financial sense, it's easy on the environment, and much better for a diesel engine than "dinodiesel."

Two thumbs up and a snap or McDonald's.

[edit on 13/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

new topics

top topics

join