It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other nations think US is literally the "land of the free?"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Myth upon myth: try the studyavailable fromthis link to get an idea of how hard it actually is to fulfil the American dream, and how much easier it is in some other countries.

And if you're not worried that your children might be abducted or killed, you're not living in the projects or watching the news.

Rich,

Exactly. Its definitely harder to accomplish the 'dream' than most people even realize elsewhere. And in fact, the American dollar goes a VERY long way in places like Africa. I am in my early twenties, and with my income right now, I could relocate to a certain part of 'modern' Africa and live like a Queen for the rest of my life -- where as here, I only have a small bit of cash left over after I pay my bills each month.

You are absolutely right and I appreciate you chiming in.

-Mea

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subsonic
Ignorance of other cultures and other parts of the world is not just an American phenomena, it's a human one.

Perfectly said, Subsonic.

Thank you for contributing.

-Mea

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We see american like idiots, they belive their nations and are too patriotic, go to war "for freedom", etc... America maybe is good the wage is wery good around 10.000$ a year? in my country around 6000€ neto.

I have a gross wage of around 800€ on my account i get 630€ a month, we have paid the launch and the ride to go work and once a year have a regress, "one more wage". The education is free, first 8 year is obligatory, then you cen go 3-4 year free, after this another 3-4 year for free the university. The healtcare we have realy free. I mean from our wage we pay taxes and the healcare if you work is obligatory paid and free, you can pay another 20€ extra and have almost all medicine and hospitalizaton for free, this is how is in our country.

We pay around 200€/month for the home around 200€ for eletricity, water, etccc, and and for food around 100€ a person, depend.

1 liter ob benz "oil" cost around 1€ "more than 1,3$" the car consume around 8 liter / 100km the registration of the car cost around 300€.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ive seen it so many times and not just on ATS. People will bad mouth a place and say things like my country is better then yours.
Its really simple. America is right for Americans. Canada for candians and so forth. Whats the big deal.
So you don't like American, and find flaws. Has it ever occered to you that we see and feel the same about ware you live.
Know this tho. When disaster strikes and you need food and or help who is there for you?
Thats right the country you hate, the one you love to bad mouth.

We are all human and have our likes and dislikes why bad mouth what somebody else finds nice. it only invites the same being done to you.
What ever happened to common sense has it truly died?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by carot
We see american like idiots, they belive their nations and are too patriotic, go to war "for freedom", etc...

Hi there Carot,

Which country are you from that sees Americans this way? Also, is it everyone in your country or only a percentage who believe this?

Surely, not every citizen in one country will share the same exact views on such a topic. People are diverse by nature. Even as there are certain specific 'categories' which are well charted and most people fall into, there is still diversity in humanity as a general race.

Is this your personal view, or your country's as a whole?

Thanks for your input, Carot!

-Mea

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join