It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Congressman Makes the Case for Censuring George W. Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Video: Congressman Makes the Case for Censuring George W. Bush

rawstory.com

A Florida Democrat presented his case in a Tuesday hearing of the House Judiciary Committee on why be believed Congress should censure President George W. Bush for his commutation of the jail sentence of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

"Congress must go on record against the President's actions," said Rep. Robert Wexler (D-FL) in the hearing on the President's clemency power in the Constitution. "Censure in my mind would be a strong statement to the President from Congress and from the American ....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Even though censuring the President is merely one of the Houses condemning the President for doing something wrong and holds or invokes no other actions against him, I believe this is the least that should be done to him.

Only one other President was censured while he was in office, which was Andrew Jackson, according to Wikipedia. And his censure was later expunged from the records.

This would be a strong message to the President that the people don't like what he did. If the censure passes, he would be the only sitting President on record to have been censured.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thisis nothing, in and of itself. It gives Congress points to use come election time, but in no way curbs the dictatorial actions of GWB.

In my estimation, it is just a way to try and sidestep actually doing anything, while making it look like you are.

new topics

join