It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman: US will back Israeli strike on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Israeli Minister of Strategic Affairs Avigdor Lieberman said on Tuesday that he received the tacit blessing of Europe and the United States for an Israeli military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

“If we start military operations against Iran alone, then Europe and the US will support us,” Lieberman told Army Radio following a meeting earlier in the week with NATO and European Union officials.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

The stage is being set?????

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Funny thing is, Liebermann does not speak for the whole gov't of the united states.

What a tool.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
HUH? The Lieberman quoted was the Israeli Minster of Strategic Affairs, I don't think he speaks for Ameica or U.S. Government at all.

The stage is being set for an all out attack on Israel not the opposite...

EDIT - I figured you all might want me to expand on this a bit so I will...

In 1990 Saddam asked the US Ambassador what would happen if he took Kuwait back, he was told by the U.S. that we would do nothing and so Saddam took Kuwait. Then we attacked and demonized him for what we said beforehand was ok and not our cncern. This is what is coming for Israel. Everyone can't line up enough behind support for Israel in an attack on Iran, but if they do you will see the world spin on it's axis and Israel will be the aggressor and enemy of peace and the U.N., Nato, Russia, China, Britain, and US for starters will attack Israel...

Want my prediction for who wins that one??? Let me just answer by saying that Genesis has a quote of God's that has held true for millenia. I will Bless those that bless you and Curse those that Curse you." which brings us to Revelation and where God says to those Nations coming against Israel, I will put a hook in your mouth and draw you in and I will destroy you for Israel's sake.

[edit on 7/12/2007 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Israel's days are numbered. If I were a Jew and were living there, I would get out NOW.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The only way Syria could hope to win is with Iran and a surprise nuclear/biological on it's entire population.

A war with Syria will not be like a war in Lebanon.

There are fixed military sites as well as other targets of opportunity.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The sooner Irans nuclear infrastucture is taken out by someone the better

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
The sooner Irans nuclear infrastucture is taken out by someone the better

The sooner Israeli regime is forced to remain dormat in the world of international affairs... the better.

Geez, how can anyone see the israeli regime as a positive aspect on humanity? Oh, I guess perhaps those people have swallowed their rhetoric, and those that they have been spoon-feeding it to them.

to Israeli regime.

AAC

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Lieberman is a dangerous man. He has threatened the lives of hundreds of thousands of Egyptians when he claimed they should blow up the Aswan High Dam. Our government would be insane to back people of his ilk.

The sooner we disassociate this parrallel with Israel the sooner we can go back to living our normal lives again with minimal worry from attacks. American people have always been known to be peace loving and just people. The country we are backing is no different from any other Middle eastern regime with the exception that they have nothing to offer this nation and can do nothing else but take.

The Human Rights group Amnesty International yesterday accurately requested that an Arms Embargo be placed on Hizzbollah AND Israel both. I think it is in our best interests to heed this advice and to no longer associate ourselves with arming and supplying a country that disregards human life and the laws that protect us all. If they know they are not going to be getting weapons, you KNOW that they will begin to use sparingly what they have now for use later with more important defense needs and not just to go out and kill people for the hell of it.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Israel has the right to exist the same as every other nation , they need the strongest miltary defence in the region to do this , those other unstable countries who are always threatening Israel with wipe out etc must never be allowed to develop weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Israel has the right to exist the same as every other nation , they need the strongest miltary defence in the region to do this , those other unstable countries who are always threatening Israel with wipe out etc must never be allowed to develop weapons of mass destruction.

I would just like to point out that if you consider Israel a "stable" country compared to its neighbors who you consider unstable, why then would Israel need an additional 500million dollars in aid (Read: Handout) on top of their already ridculously high 2.4Billion per year US Military aid package. If they were such a stable country and defense should be their priorty they shouldnt need someone else to provide it to them. I dont see Luxembourg begging for money and arms. They dont go around murdering and kidnapping their neighbors on a daily basis.

They have a right to exist yes but not at the expense of thousands of other lives that have nothing to do with trying to keep them from existing.

2.4Billion dollars would be much better off spent HERE in the USA on Americans who want nothing more then to live decent healthy and happy lives. The Israeli government wishes their population to live in a fortress-like environment then thats their choice. They think they will change the Middle East to suit them as they have done to the Palestinians and its not going to happen.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It's like you copy/pasted that from www.foxnews/oreily website.

*Honest Question*

Do you think for yourself or just regurgitate other peoples rhetoric? No seriously.

btw, if all they wanted to do was exist, not too many people would have a problem with in.

AAC

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Im entitled to my views of world politics the same as you are. And no Ive never even seen Fox news in my life . I just think Israel has the right to defend itself from terrorism and threats the same as any other country has. I know Israel is far from perfect but thats what happens when your trying to survive as a nation.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The_coo,

Some people believe that Israel doesn't have the right to be a country, and those people are all the country that surround them who had to give up their land and pride to exist next to them. The atrocities during WWII were a direct result of their allowance for an independent state. the arabs argue that if europeans killed them, put Isreal in germany. And, if you were middle eastern, you agree I bet.

Sorry if I seemed rude before, I just reread what I said.

AAC

[edit on 12-7-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Its really an endless debate on the rights and wrongs of Israel becoming a nation again ....the status quo is there and unlikely to change...I truely hope that Israel can live in peace with their neighbours.

I understtand the hate some people have for Israel , the same happens to other countries that sometimes have to fight a dirty bloody war in order to survive.

I really hope things boil down in the mid east , theyve all been through enough horrors and hopefully one day soon they can have a sustained peace across the region including IRAQ.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Israel the right to exist, seems some people have forgten that the state of Israel was brought about by terrorists activities, to date it projects that terrorism on any who opposethe Israeli regime be it assasinations or attacking and occupying other peoples land.

So its alright for the Axis of evil UK/US/I to attack, invade and occupy another country but no one else can.

No one seems to be concerned about the U S supplied nukes, are the people of the World ready for ww3 just because of 6 million Israelis. Since the US Goverment is so fond of them they can take them all in and maybe we wont be facing ww3.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Terrorist loving Jew hating goons shouldn't be allowed internet connections in my opinion, sorry is that off topic. The tripe and nonsense these goofballs use to support their untenable positions is hillarious if it weren;t so damn sad. I find it most interesting that mostly on both sides of the issue no one lets the FACTS get in the way of their thinking. That's a sure way of making more tripe outta the junk spread now. Just in this thread there is about 10 falacies in only a few posts. Let me point out a couple...

1. Israel doesn't want to live in peace with i's neighbors. Could someone please explain to me what gave the Sinai and Trans Jordon lands back to Egypt and Jordon? Anyone got a clue? How many times have Israel offered up more than 97% of the so called ever changing demands of the muslims, only to be turned down? Which nation in 1948 said YES to the U.N. given statehood and which group said NO THANKS and ATTACKED?

2. Israel needs American aide??? There is another way of looking at what Israel gets from the U.S., that is PAYOFFS. Israel is told not to respond to missile attacks on its nation and people and is PAID OFF for their cooperation. How many other nations would not retalliate for being directly missiled by a nation or group that swore for thousands of years your anihalation??

3. The whole falacy that these lands are the ansectoral lands of the arabs is retarded at best. There is a long and WRITTEN history of that region and includes reports from such people as Mark Twain and Karl Marx. Very interesting thing about all the historical stories and articles about the holyland is that it was always BARREN and DESERTED, save ajewish community that has been there for over 2000 years continously. Deserted, but how could that be, didn't the muslims occupy that land for eons? NO they are a recent addition, after being removed from Egypt and Jordan they settled into the Pallestinian region.

The funniest thing about the so called aide we give Israel that everyone wants to cut off is that if they got what they wished for Israel would own most of the middle East as we know it. Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi would all give pieces to Israel if we ever UNLEASHED them. Be careful what you wish for, YOU JUST MAY GET IT!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The, I'm not a goon, Jew Hater or terrorist lover, the fact of the matter is if you like it or not that Israel would not last 5 minutes without the help of the US, yes they have nukes but how long do you think they will last if they used them.

And, people are intitled to their opinions even if you dont agree with them.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think you people have seriously underestimated the devestating firepower at Israel's disposal. In my opinion, the U.S. would BACK Israel's play against Iran.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Terrorist loving Jew hating goons shouldn't be allowed internet connections in my opinion, sorry is that off topic.

I don't love terrorists. I do however have sympathy for people who spend generations inside oppression, and finally pull their own defenses together.

The tripe and nonsense these goofballs use to support their untenable positions is hillarious if it weren;t so damn sad.

What is truly sad is your inability to see the devil in which you're supporting. Emerson says, "My words will itchin your ears until you're ready to hear them." Perhaps you will remember I said that when the beast is revealed for what it is.

I find it most interesting that mostly on both sides of the issue no one lets the FACTS get in the way of their thinking. That's a sure way of making more tripe outta the junk spread now. Just in this thread there is about 10 falacies in only a few posts. Let me point out a couple...

I will just state now, that what you're about to say is WRONG!
And flimsy at best. I've seen many pro-Israel regime advocates try harder, only to fall shorter in their advocation.

1. Israel doesn't want to live in peace with it's neighbors.

As you said below, which is a complete contridiction to you position, that Israel wants to have all of Middle East, but USA doesn't let them? That is so funny.
But wrong. The UN resolution 242 states that Israel must move back to pre 67' war boundries, something they have yet to comply with. Why? Because US vetos all condemnation against Israel.

How many times have Israel offered up more than 97% of the so called ever changing demands of the muslims, only to be turned down?

Do you even understand what your saying, or just regurgitating others rhetoric? Please show me links to this, and I will show you the utter silliness in your reply.

Which nation in 1948 said YES to the U.N. given statehood and which group said NO THANKS and ATTACKED?

You are seeing the side you are standing on only, it's okay, it is a disease here.
Palestinians were already there, they didn't need UN confirmation, especially when they HATED the terms of the unfair deal. :shk:

2. Israel needs American aide??? There is another way of looking at what Israel gets from the U.S., that is PAYOFFS.

I should really stop responding after this statement. This is so ridiculously ignorant that I have no other response but to so, I completely disagree.

Israel is told not to respond to missile attacks on its nation and people and is PAID OFF for their cooperation.

Um, have you been in a coma? the have been retaliating for years. Did you not remember the Hezzbollah war? Or ALL the Gaza operations over the last decade? Please google, because I don't have time to explain the obvious.

How many other nations would not retalliate for being directly missiled by a nation or group that swore for thousands of years your anihalation??

Please learn what it is you're talking about. Why does all Middle East countries hate Israel? Have you ever really asked yourself that question? Try to look at it objectively and find the reasons. Perhaps you will stumble upon much info that isn't spoonfed to the masses.

There is a long and WRITTEN history of that region and includes reports from such people as Mark Twain and Karl Marx.

All I can say is
This is ridiculous at best.

Very interesting thing about all the historical stories and articles about the holyland is that it was always BARREN and DESERTED, save ajewish community that has been there for over 2000 years continously.

Links please. Not for me, but for you, so you can realize this isn't true.

The funniest thing about the so called aide we give Israel that everyone wants to cut off is that if they got what they wished for Israel would own most of the middle East as we know it. Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi would all give pieces to Israel if we ever UNLEASHED them. Be careful what you wish for, YOU JUST MAY GET IT!

The only reason this is funny is because it contridicts your entire post.

AAC

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In regards to the myth about how the Israeli people turned barren lands into paradise you must read Mark Twains entire quote to get an idea of what his mindframe was about. He also said Syria, Lebanon and Greece were barren lands as well and he was comparing them to American lands. The land that was barren is still barren. The amount of arrable land is not huge. One of the reasons why they took so much of the land that is arrable and land with water supplies in supposed defensive wars.

Its just like the myth about "a Land without people for a people without a land" LOL meanwhile over 600,000 people already lived there.

top topics

join