It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I didn't know I could do that...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yesterday I was crouching down to pick something up. I was wearing knee length shorts with an adjustable waist that used a pullstring; and I was wearing a t-shirt.

Suddenly, I noticed my pullstring for my shorts was hanging out of my shorts leg. This happened with the shorts before, because the shorts were too big for me and I had to keep the pullstirngs pulled very far. Anyway, for some reason or another, I startign to mess around with the pullstring, that's when I saw the shadow of the pullstring, through my shorts. I wondered, "That's funny, I never thought that my shorts were transparent enough to see through..." and I mulled that thought over. If my shorts were transparent, then people would be laughing at me hysterically because my underwear would be showing.

That's wehn I looked down at my pullstring again. The entire length of the pullstring was white. Not only was I seeing through my shorts, but I was seeing though my leg, looking at the white floor below.

I immediately checked if I was seeing thrings right, so I rubbed my eyes,
but sure enough, I was still seeing through. I immediately got up from my crouch position, and walked away with hte thought "Woah!" in my mind.

Thinking about it afterwards, I realize that I was notseing the white tile very clearly thorugh my leg, it was kind of fuzzy, but the fact is that I saw through it.

On the very same day, I also realized that I could see through polarized sunglasses, in low light.

I just wondered if any of you have had this happen to you before, and if I can expand this power.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Maybe your brain was just filling in the blanks for what you already knew was back there?

Experiment: Try seeing thru something when you do not know what is on the other side.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
First off, I just want to say that I'm not trying to disprove what you said you did, I would just like to offer a possible explanation.

Try this experiment. Hold your finger up about 8-12 inches from your face while looking at your computer screen. If you unfocus your eyes slightly it will appear that you are able to see the screen "through" your finger. In actuality this is just your brain piecing together the information from your left and right eye and filling in the blanks. I used to do this all the time as a kid and pretend I had powers, but it's just an optical illusion.

This is just my idea, but keep working on it! I could be completely wrong, it's happened before. Keep us posted if you "see" anything else.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaxxm
Try this experiment. Hold your finger up about 8-12 inches from your face while looking at your computer screen. If you unfocus your eyes slightly it will appear that you are able to see the screen "through" your finger. In actuality this is just your brain piecing together the information from your left and right eye and filling in the blanks. I used to do this all the time as a kid and pretend I had powers, but it's just an optical illusion.

I know what you mean, but the pullstring was pretty long, all the way thorugh my shorts. I used to do that too when I was small, but this is different.

It could have been my brain filling in spots of my vision, but it pretty abnormal for it to start right when I looked at the pullstring move.

I will try tomorrow to look behind some objects, and I will let you know what happened.

new topics

top topics

join