It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Backs Possibility of Bush Impeachment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Senator Backs Possibility of Bush Impeachment

www.breitbart.tv

Appearing on Ed Schultz's talk radio show Thursday, Sen. Barbara Boxer said impeachment of the President "should be on the table." The senator from California also says the Bush administration is the "closest we have ever come to a dictatorship."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It is interesting to see the slowly-growing support for impeachment. Maybe there will even be movement on this before summer ends.

Do I think this is the right thing to do? No, I think that it could only serve to tear us apart further, and I think that many of the arguments for impeachment are mere policy differences and the occasional chip on the shoulder.

www.breitbart.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I would agree with the advancement of the possibility of or actual proceedings of impeaching Bush, Cheney, and the refreshment of most of Congress.

I feel it would be the right thing to do (and long overdue at that) for the chipping away at the Constitution... the most important thing that Bush and Co. swore to defend. They've done nothing but pull thread after thread of fabric from the one thing that sets us apart from the rest of the world.

You say you don't feel it's the right thing to do? What then? Wait? Allow Bush to bolster his position to America's first dictator that much more? How will this tear "us" apart? The United States populous as a whole demand better from our elected "representatives". Why should we not hold them accountable?

Political differences? If you were President and told me that you were going to wage war in one country... for very specific reasons... of which none have proven to be true... I'd impeach you as well. If you were to completely trample on my rights to privacy (only one for example) as a U.S. citizen... I'd impeach you, too. If you were to blatantly disregard what the majority of the U.S. citizens wanted out of our government... I'd impeach you as well. If you were to set up the means to destroy the very nation that myself, my family, and millions of other families across this great nation have bled to defend... I'd impeach you. I could go on and on..... And that would be letting you off easy.

Chip on the shoulder? For those that elected Bush, he wasn't elected to represent the American people in the manner of which he has. He has betrayed the people of this nation. How is removing this piece of garbage from the office of which he was sworn to protect us for doing no such thing, and holding him (and others) accountable.... a chip on the shoulder? I would expect nothing less.

[edit on 7/12/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You're talking about Barbara Boxer.

Boxer would have Bush boiled in oil, if she could, without the benefit of an impeachment proceeding.

There's no news here.

top topics

join