It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Springer, The Amigos, Mods, and Members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hi,

After a great deal of thought, (which started long BEFORE Springer and Co. decided to clean up the Forums), I decided to post these 17 Points for Truth Suppression for everyones "savor",(if not, salvation). Consider it, please. Doing so will enhance your ability to recognize who and what you are dealing with up here. I did not author these. Rather, they were published by DCDave.
Even so, they, in essence, come directly from a certain training Manual, dealing with the propagation of propaganda and disinformation by Agencies charged with the same.

For what they are worth to All, here they are:

"Strong, credible allegations of high-level criminal activity can bring down a government. When the government lacks an effective, fact-based defense, other techniques must be employed. The success of these techniques depends heavily upon a cooperative, compliant press and a mere token opposition party."

1. Dummy up. If it's not reported, if it's not news, it didn't happen.

2. Wax indignant. This is also known as the “How dare you?” gambit.

www.public-action.com...

There, you have them. Read and Heed--or not--it's your Choice.

Lastly, I want to thank Springer and Co. for the current efforts in cleaning things up on ATS. More than that, for taking on this great "experiment" in international electronic communications with such diverse and controversial subject matter as is to be found in these Forums, and keeping a cap, (tin foil?), on it for as long as they have. For myself, I don't post very much, relegating myself to podcast venue rather than the Forums. I only do that anymore when I feel that I may have something worthwhile to contribute to the Community, whether to a particular topic or generally, hence this topic. Otherwise, with the continued decadence in threads I have seen so often in the past, and for which reason good and contributing members have left ATS, I tend to back off rather than state my sentiments, or leave ATS for good. Such "policing" of the Self is something we all have to handle on our own, and doing so saves the Mods a lot of time and effort. It works for me, and I'd suggest that we all at least try it once.

I hope this helps a lot of people up here. I'll end this with the following quote, and let you guess who Authored it:

"It is truly fortunate for governments that The People don't Think."

-----Author ?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox
"It is truly fortunate for governments that The People don't Think."

-----Author ?

Hitler?

As for your points. I have seen every single one of those tactics used in these threads. I knew there must be a list somewhere on how to "debunk". Even if it's not the government.

[edit on 7/12/2007 by Griff]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I remember reading in a video games magazine (strangely enough...) a similiar list of 100 'directives' for PR personnel in tobaccoo firms, such as claiming lung cancer was in no way related to the consumption of cigarettes.
Anyway interesting find.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hi Griff and Chaoticar--

Griff--you are correct--it was Adolf Hitler. Yep, there are training manuals for "dis-informers" kept and used by certain authorities and agencies.

Chaoticar---

There you go! In fact, I am planning a podcast or 2 on how to quit smoking, based on my own successful bid at doing so after 44 years of it. If I can, anybody can, and everybody who does needs to quit.

Thanks for the responses!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Thank you Ed.

This kind of 'truth suppression' seems to be happening a lot in our modern day society.

In the past, the masses didn't know simply because they didn't have access to a lot of information at once.

Now we are fed brainwashing material just to keep us complacent enough to control.

I guess in Rome the colliseum was a huge deal, now we have 'reality' tv and fox news.

Propaganda seems to have become a way of life. Its almost like each news station tries to outdo the next in lies. I find it amazing the majority of people can watch the news and accept it as fact.

I can't even watch it anymore.

I find most of my news on ATS' news feed and even that's not perfect. However, it is real users submitting information from all over the world. I trust a fellow ATS member much more than a corporate media machine.

At least we have individual thoughts, I can't say the same about a news caster or his crew.

Geez, what a crazy world we live in.

Glad there are some aware enough to write material such as this.

Thanks for the find Ed.

Try to come back more often, we could use people like you in this world.

I see you have a few podcasts, I'll listen to one this week I promise

God bless.

new topics

top topics

join