It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birth Controll Pills Poisoning Everyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Birth Controll Pills Poisoning Everyone?

worldnetdaily.com

According to the National Catholic Register, EPA-funded scientists at the University of Colorado studied fish in a mountain stream near Boulder, Colo., two years ago.

When they netted 123 trout and other fish downstream from the city's sewer plant, they found 101 were female, 12 were male, and 10 were strange "intersex" fish with male and female features.

It's "the first thing that I've seen as a scientist that really scared me," university biologist John Woodling told the Denver Post.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I always wonder why there was a decline in birth for regular native US citizens. I thought it was a career choice and abortions. The intersex births is particularly scary, and i am sure other human organs are affected in adults as well. What else is left in Pandoras box, the last thing, Hoplessness?
This is a horrendous soup we live in, and with the all the other chemicals in the food supply chain from our own companies and recently the Chinese its a miracle anybody is still left. wallking. the animals are not taking it to good though, as we had several thousand of birds, around the world just drop dead. Dead zones in the ocean where nothing grows, 2/3 bees disappearing worldwide. Someone obviously wants us to get our.attention.
This one definitely makes one want to clutch our privates for security albeit a very temporary false sense one .

worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hmmmm the source for this, the "National Catholic Register" seems to be taking basic research, cherry picking what they want out of it to suit thier agenda aka No birth control. There may be something to the story, but Im instantly put off by the clear religious slant evident here.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Actually is not uncommon or unheard off, this kind of mutations, neither are they new or of modern times.

What I will like to know if has been a spike in the same mutation or genetic errors also found in humans specially in the hermaphrodite Born.

That is where we should be looking into, but privacy rights will never allow to keep track of this type of birth phenomena, how many per birth rate.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I agree, I'm not catholic, but think the study was objective though, Its what you do with the data afterwards. As a guy It bothers me to no end though That Im possibly on birth control every time I take a swig of water. Hmm. I can always tell my dates "Im safe" 24/7

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I dont trust in pils its against nature and dont know well side effect. Use a condom istead or have have sex with the same sex.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
to answers Margs post..good question according to an medical abstract in 2005 the rate of intersex births was abot 2 % . within that group are subgroups ..external genitalia, internal..etc . I am researching for any increase which would have to take me back before the days of B.C.The intersex issue is actually a pretty big issue, having support groups and activists. its best to google it if you are interested as there is really interesting material out there. I originally posted because I was concerned about where exactly are all these chemicals going. There is another study involving cricket frogs that have drastically declined , after intersex rates increased. Perhaps with the study something might get rolling. It stated .2 % of these required surgery.

www3.interscience.wiley.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is pretty disturbing, there are other forms of birth control out there. I think this is an important topic since it does effect everyone. People need to look towards natural birth control instead of all these pills and patches with all the extra hormones. This definately effects all humans. It does more harm than good.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here are additional links to show its not just fish but insect and crustaceans as well. Estrogen can also be found in pyrothene insecticides, and i was shocked to see that increased water temps trigger male declines, and increases in intersexed offspring in these ecosystems also. the effect on other groups is unknown.here is an excerpt.....

Annual harvest records reveal a disturbing and ubiquitous decline in crustacean stocks 1-4 with some economically important crustacean populations having declined by over 90% in recent years 5. The status of ecologically important populations that are not harvested for human consumption is largely un­known. Multiple factors likely contribute to crusta­cean population declines including overharvesting, loss of habitat, pollution, and climate changes 5-7. Commensurate with this decline has been an appar­ent increase in reported incidents of sexually ambigu­ous (gynandromorphic) individuals 8. Gynandro­morphs exhibit both male and female sex characteris­tics, often with a bilateral division of the characteris­tics 8. These developmental aberrants have been noted among the Brianchiopoda, Maxillopoda, and Malacostraca – including the economically important decapods (crabs, lobsters, shrimp, crayfish) 8.

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...
www.ehponline.org...

SyS

[edit on 12-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Sys_Config

Thanks for the information, interesting that Soficrow another member very much into this type of issues try to get some research on babies born with two sex and if there was an increase since we have been bombarded with all kind of chemicals and hormones in our water but it was not reliable sources around specially in the US.

This will be a very big factor if indeed if is an increased of babies been born with two sets of genitalia.

But I believe that something like that will be kept hidden from public view under the privacy act.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I thought it important that I include this to help readers understand what intersexed persons feel is their place , and eliminate as much as possible any misconception of intersexuality.
I hope we can stay focused on the causes and rates by agents such as birth control pills, and recommending preventive measures to secure our environment and threats to our food supply.

Coping with the after affects on our offspring is a subject that would require an entire thread , forum, or website by itself, geared to promoting understanding and discarding the traditional badge of shame or pathologicalization of the condition. The stereotyping and fear has resulted in some cases on the spot and unnecessary mutilation of infants,without a team approach by doctors and parentsI. Obviously, the consequences are often times more grevious than the appearance of the condition itself.

We live and learn:

www.intersexualite.org...

God Bless

SyS
^i^

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Um...I think I'll wait for a more reputable study then one by a Catholic organization that has their own motives for a certain outcome.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Rather than wait , why not hit the other links i posted. read the other links or do a google that this is not a new dicovery, its been going on on..and coming to the surface, and the prob is not getting better.. there have been quite a few scientically based organizations, not religiously based that cranking out data on this.. I come from and ex catholic background, and am a fire and brimstone baptist, it didnt stop me from looking at all the links as soon as I saw Catholic. . If I had 2 sets of gonads, I still have to eat. I am concerned with the impact on our food supply. I hope that helps.

top topics

join