posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:12 PM
How would you like to help promote AboveTopSecret.com, get recognized for it, and make a little cash too?
If you're handy with Photoshop or Flash, this is your chance!
Announcing the AboveTopSecret.com Ad Banner Contest for Members
We're soon going to begin some advertising campaigns on a few websites and we need some banners. So we thought, who better to make our banners than
It's very simple. Just create up to three of your best-thought out banners for AboveTopSecret.com in the standard 728x90 pixel format as an animated
GIF or Flash banner. Each banner should represent a unique "campaign idea" that can easily be converted into other banner sizes and executions.
Our staff will select the top-five entries based on your creativity, positive portrayal of AboveTopSecret.com, and the development of a compelling
reason to click the banner. Then, the finalists will be presented (without naming names) for the members to vote on first, second, and third place
First Prize: $300.00 (US)
Second Prize: $150.00 (US)
Third Prize: $75.00 (US)
Runners-up will receive 100,000 ATS points as a consolation prize.
You will receive your prize award check after you convert and submit your winning banners in IAB sizes: 728x90, 160x600, and 300x250.
Winning banners will contain a "banner by member [member name]" message, so make sure your design leaves room for small text with this message
(do not submit your banners with this message).
All three winning banners will be used in our online advertising campaigns.
Guidelines are as follows:
* Do not use "found" artwork or photography, stock "royalty free" photography from sources such as Corbis or Getty Images are encouraged but
purchase costs should not exceed a total of $150 for use in the final banners (use FPO artwork to create your submissions).
* Focus on a positive message about AboveTopSecret.com (do not use "ATS"), for example: "With over 3.2 million posts from more than 50,000
members, you could say the truth is in here." When in doubt, short and to-the point is best.
* Banners with surprising animation or unexpected messaging work best, as long as it's not annoying.
* File size cannot exceed 20k for animated GIF or 35k for Flash (.swf files).
* You must be 18 or over and willing to supply us with your offline identity if you win (paypal payments will not be supported).
* No more than three submissions from any member.
* You may work in a team of up to two members (one for design, and one for concept or copy writing), but will be expected to split the prize money.
* Submit your entries by email to business(at)theabovenetwork.com as attachments, or multiple entries in a ZIP file. Your entry
email should include your member name, your age, and your agreement to provide offline contact info in the event you win a prize. DO NOT use
any portion of your ATS username when you name your files.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES is August 1st, 2007 with voting to begin the week of August 6th.