It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Weapons In Area 51! Or What Are They?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here's some shots of Area 51, courtesy Google Earth. I'm not aware if this has been posted before. Can anyone identify what these 'objects' are? They sure resemble a battery of deployed artillery guns!

What are they doing in there? Are these some kind of laser weapons? Did one of them fire a laser at that UFO in the famous NASA vid taken from the space shuttle, which they said was nothing but ice particles?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sorry to say, but I cannot see anything....

They look like cranes to me, in a junk yard!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Good shot of them are at the 00:43 and 00:16 of the clip. Looks like missiles flying through the air on the right side.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I agree, it looks like cranes.

And in the NASA video, you have to remember that you can't see the beam of a laser. You can see it hit, but no light beam "glows" along its length, other than by dispersion of the air, or some sort of suspended particulates it's illuminating.

I know in Star Trek you see the "phaser" beams but that's for drama. It doesn't work that way in real life. Get a laser pointer ... see the beam in the air? No? There you go. If the air were really clean and dry, you wouldn't see the little bit of hazy glow that you do.

In space, you wouldn't even have air dispersion. So anything on a video that looks like a glowing trail isn't a laser.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Most of these images are of the "Bone Yard" storage complex on Pistol Range Road. There are also a few good shots of the Small Arms Range adjacent to the storage area.

The white streaks are simply imaging artifacts. They have been discussed elsewhere on ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
As Shadowhawk has said, these are photos of the Bone Yard on Pistol Range Road. The area is used to store equipment that is either being scrapped or mothballed. The visible objects are ordanary equipment. The Air Force isn't going to leave anything classified sitting outside in full view of spy sattelites and sevallence aircraft.

Tim

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
The visible objects are ordanary equipment. The Air Force isn't going to leave anything classified sitting outside in full view of spy sattelites and sevallence aircraft.

Tim

So Ghost, what is this 'ordinary equipment'? Aircraft/missiles/cranes/guns....what? I couldn't identify them. Can you hazard a guess?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
So Ghost, what is this 'ordinary equipment'? Aircraft/missiles/cranes/guns....what? I couldn't identify them. Can you hazard a guess?

Cheers!

Sure!

Thie six rows in the middle of the picture appear to be moble storage units for shipping equipment. Basically nothing more than military grade sipping containers. They are very simular to the ones you might expect to see being loaded on to ships or trucks at any major sea port. As for what is in them, I couldn't tell you.

The two larger white trailers you see apper to be temporary building like you might see at a construction site. My guess is that they are being used to support some kind of on base contruction, as the base is constantly expanding.

Near the top of the photo are three smaller building that belong to the base. All the other stuff in the middle appears to be random junk (probably awaiting pick-up for disposal).

The image is a bit distorted by several defects that appear as bright white scratches.

Hope that helps!

Tim

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Hope that helps!

Tim

Thanks Tim! I can now sleep peacefully!!

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If we're able to look at them through corporation satellites with crappy focus levels for free, imagine what they can look at us through..

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Thanks Tim! I can now sleep peacefully!!

Okay so you live halfway around the world and you were worried?

LOL Its in my backyard....

Forget google earth there are better sources

Area 51 Close Enough to see the license plates

[edit on 13-7-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
at the right angle they can read the number on a license plate frame.

it was rumored that they could read text on a single sheet of paper held in someones hand as the sat passed over, but I think its highly unlikely. But not entirely impossible.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
at the right angle they can read the number on a license plate frame.

it was rumored that they could read text on a single sheet of paper held in someones hand as the sat passed over, but I think its highly unlikely. But not entirely impossible.

The limits on how far you can zoom in are set by the modulation transfer function of the telescope. For looking at license plates and the like, the amount of magnification you can get is set by Rayleigh's limit, and that's only if the optics are perfect. Anything less than absolute perfection (and you'll never have that) and the limit is worse than Rayleigh's limit.

In short, you'd have to have a huge aperture to see what's written on a page. No satellite with an aperture that large could be launched.

There are ways to make non-optical images with better resolution because you can use a SAR trick to make the apparent aperture thousands of feet wide. But then you can't read what's on a page. You might get a nice 3D image of the guy's head, though.

top topics

join