It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bring something back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
come on now....show me something from back in the day. i will bring back some of my favorites.

little clear pepsi action

you HAD to have some garbage pail kids

oh snap...who rocked the madballs?

thats what i'm talking about....what are you gonna bring back?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm game, how about Freakies?

Yummy delicious Freakies ...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That sauce that you used to buy at the store for simmering chicken in. There was like a mushroom flavor. It had about 10,000 mg of sodium per serving. Why did they stop making that stuff. I miss it so.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......................
What would I bring back, what would I bring back.......................

I guess I would be bringin' back the Do-Do Bird. I mean anything that tastes so good that it goes extinct mast be super tasty! Yeah! The Do-Do Bird for me.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
C'mon, Lombozo, you know it's just going to taste like chicken.

Big, stupid, extinct chicken.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
C'mon, Lombozo, you know it's just going to taste like chicken.

Big, stupid, extinct chicken.

Just make sure you find some of that sauce Dr.Love is talking about.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

you HAD to have some garbage pail kids

Oh my god!!!

Wow, this is like one of those moments you just can't believe.
I had completely forgotten about these but looking at them I just got this big smell of the bubblegum, all the twisted little kids on cards were amazing when I was about 5-7 or 8?
I thank you so much, you may have made my week.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I thank you so much, you may have made my week.

gracias...after i rediscovered i bought a ton off of ebay. so you know, they started making them again. the only place i know for sure you could get them at was target. don't even know if they are still making them but they were.

how bout another blast from the past?

MAX HEADROOM!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
While I don't have anything in particular I would like to bring back, I do have a general idea of what I would like to bring back...

Anything that has been labled "New and Improved!", or "Now less *insert other inredients here* ", or just things that you know have been changed, although they don't explictly state it.

I like my fat, sugar, salt (sodium), etc., etc...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I agree with Mechanic.

I go shopping and it seems everything is low fat, reduced salt, and all that stuff.
The dairy section is particularly bad, and I hate searching labels to find sour cream that's 14% fat. Almost all of it is under 5% now and tastes like crap.

The same thing goes for yogurt, what happened to plain yogurt with 6% fat ???
I just can't eat that fruit flavored low fat garbage.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I, too, always ask for the "full fat experience" when I'm asked by the cafe owner whether I want whipped cream on my mocha or not. People always laugh, but I'm serious.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
oops, how'd that happen.

*delet this post*

[edit on 7/13/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

how bout another blast from the past?

MAX HEADROOM!!!

Ahh, I don't remember this one but wiki pedia says this was created in 1985, you see I was born in 1985 so if it only ran a couple of years I never saw it.

Was it good?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here ya go Chuckles,

Max Headroom

Two T.V shows i'd love to bring back.

Red Dwarf

Blakes 7

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i had a max hedroom skateboard....
i owned yo

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Back when I first started really reading chapter type books, there was a series of books sold in the grocery store, "Tom Swift, Jr.". There were 33 in all, and I probably owned 20 of them.

Here's a link-
www.tomswift.info...

Ahh, memories...

I'm sure they'd be laughably dated to any preadolescent reading them today, but they sure kept me busy on rainy days.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have an addiction for fabrics and cloth....I would bring back the old cloth feed sacks. Also the flour sacks. Many a pretty quilts were made out of those cloth sacks...as a quilter, I can appreciate that

Of course these were way before my time, but when I go out to an antique store I always buy these when I happen across them

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
any of you guys and gals ever wear these :

thats right ... Parachute Pants... :shk::shk:

en.wikipedia.org...

Parachute pants are a style of trousers (pants) characterised by the use of ripstop nylon and / or extremely baggy cuts. In the original loose-fitting, extraneously zippered style of the early 80s 'parachute' refers to the pants' synthetic nylon material. In the later 80s 'parachute' may refer to the extreme baggyness of the pant. They are typically worn as men's wear and are often brightly colored. Parachute pants gained media attention in US culture in the 1980s as part of an increased cultural awareness of break dancing.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
AAAAAAA hahahah! I had parachute pants, and I also went for the satin pant and jacket phase. I had red ones.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
how about these:

Members Only Jackets

If you grew up in the 80s, you either had a Members Only jacket or you were a complete and total fashion outcast. Members Only jackets were the staple of 80s fashion outerwear and everyone who was anyone owned one.

www.liketotally80s.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join