It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran captures 14 spy squirrels.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

This did tickle me! It has been reported that Iran has captured 14 squirrels on the Iranian border who were equipped with spy equipment.

Police in Iran are reported to have taken 14 squirrels into custody - because they are suspected of spying.

The rodents were found near the Iranian border allegedly equipped with eavesdropping devices.

Source: Spy squirrels

I must admit i do have some questions about this, such as can GPS co-ordinates be provided to prove these squirrels were in fact in Iranian trees or coalition trees?

Will they be given tiny suits and given back to Mother Nature as a gift from Iran?

Seriously though, laughable as it sounds, it's not as mad sounding as some other tactics that countries have used or dreampt up in the past.

CX.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by spacedoubt]

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Another note......hats off to whoever captured them.......have you ever tried to catch a squirrel?

Fast little critters!

CX.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Iran better be real careful how they treat these critters. This could cause them a lot of problems.

Amnesty International is one thing, but the threat level goes up by many orders of magnitude when the SPCA gets you.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Interesting news. It would seem they've shifted from spy cats to spy squirrels ... and it only took them 40 years to do it.

It is from Sky News, though, so I'll take it with a squirrel-sized grain of salt ... 14 actually.

I particularly liked this part:

A Foreign Office source told Sky News: "The story is nuts."

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's great news like this that makes life worth living, I will say whoever came up with this is okay in my book.

hmmmm, I do have two squirrels that come eat out of my hand.....I didn't see them carring any binoculars and they did appear nude...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sure you laugh now, but wait until you see hordes of them crossing YOUR borders snarling with those nasty teeth and aiming their Weapons of mass Destruction at you while leaveing peanut shells all over the place!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Anyone else remember Secret Squirrel?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
While the Major respects any rodent that will don a uniform and serve his country; the Major can't help but think that a few recipes for squirrel stew, or "Rocky Kabobs" or in modern internet parlance "Foamy Fricassee" were brought out to mitigate this "threat." The Major is fairly certain that there's nothing in the Hague or Geneva Conventions prohibiting such a disposition of said furred agent provocateur.

Well, perhaps instead of Taps they should just ring the chow bell.

Dismissed

[edit on 7/22/2007 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am afraid of people that refer to themselves in the third person.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As well you should be recruit.

Since you're flying the Stars & Stripes that the Major loves so dearly, you can drop and give me fifty instead of one hundred. That should assuage any fears you have. Never let it be said that the Major isn't a kind and compassionate leader.

Dismissed.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Does anybody on this site know what a "secret squirrel" really is?

I have heard the term used in another context before.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
be vigilant...

...beware of Reds under the beds!

top topics

join