It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are souls really immortal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here is a link to some info about how the idea of an immortal soul came about

www.geocities.com...

but do you think that souls if they do exist, really are immortal, or do you think that they do eventually fade away or can be destroyed somehow?
would you want yours to be around forever?
Is it possible that the explanation for our earthly existence could be that we create this reality to distract us from the passing of eons and eons of time?
That could explain why if reincarnation does happen, that we don't remember our previous lives as this would allow us to forget how long our souls had been around for, allowing life to seem fresh and new each time and helping our immortal minds to cope with eternity.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Energy cannot be destroyed, it can be transformed, altered, whatever, but it cannot be destroyed. Yes, souls are immortal.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
so if our souls are immortal, do you think that we will all evenually go insane with the passing of time or is that just flaw of the earthbound mind (if that makes sence)

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If our souls are imortal, can I fathom the fact that my soul may be billions if not trillions of years old?

Deep

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They say that souls can be reabsorbed by their source.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
They say that souls can be reabsorbed by their source.

do you mean that there is one source for our souls and that we are all just a part of the same entity?
if that were true then it could explain telepathy and the bond between the living and those that have passed over.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
so if our souls are immortal, do you think that we will all evenually go insane with the passing of time or is that just flaw of the earthbound mind (if that makes sence)

Well I suppose it depends on what you believe happens after you die. Im Christian, so I believe in Heaven. I've thought about it before, how I might be bored. But I also imagine Heaven as beyond my wildest imaginations, so I dont see how I could get bored... God spending us to different planets to help. I dono, sounds fun to me. Also, I believe that I can ask God any question and He will answer it, every single question I've ever had. Im excited.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
If our souls are imortal, can I fathom the fact that my soul may be billions if not trillions of years old?

Deep

I find that easy to fathom, but it doesn't equate to immortality even so.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I've never been able to understand people who say they don't want to live forever. If I had the chance then I would without doubt live forever, I would never get bored and those that say they would mustn't have much of an imagination.
Everyday I wake up and think how much I love this planet, and the endless possibilities of the things I could do that day. It's just the people in it that make me feel sick, get rid of the scum and we've got heaven on Earth.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

do you mean that there is one source for our souls and that we are all just a part of the same entity?
if that were true then it could explain telepathy and the bond between the living and those that have passed over.

You read my mind.

top topics

join