It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Found In Atmosphere Of Another Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

For the first time ever, water has been conclusively identified in the atmosphere of a planet outside our solar system.

The presence of water on another planet is a groundbreaking discovery, and has fuelled hopes that one day we will find life somewhere out there. Water is widely regarded as being an essential ingredient for life. Certainly on Earth, wherever there is water and energy, there lurks something living, however slimy or weird.

Unfortunately for seekers of little green men to whom we could come in peace, the planet would be very unfamiliar to anyone who evolved in this neighbourhood. HD 189733b, located 63 light-years away, in the constellation Vulpecula, is a gas giant slightly larger than Jupiter, and orbits its star once every 2.2 days.
link

We all know liquid watter in important to life. So I see this as an important discovery. As to what it will do to confirm life on other planets I will let the people here decide.

``````````````````````
Added link and fixed title spelling

[edit on 12/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Can you post a link to the original article/site please? If true, this would be a (seemingly) great discovery akin to the Native Americans....i mean Columbus discovering America.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-closed-

join