It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA/London flight diverted to NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
There's a developing story that a flight from LAX to London Heathrow has been diverted to New York due to a crew member seeing a man avoid security measures by riding the American Airlines employee bus into the terminal. Nothing firm on anything yet, but one speculation is that the guy might be an AA employee who used the employee bus to get to the terminal for a private trip.

But another source is saying that he is a platinum flyer...now here's the part that caught my eye. He bought his ticket on April 19th according to this source. That's the anniversary for Waco and the OKC Murrah building bombing. I know it could be a coincidence, but that's weird.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I saw something on FOX about this earlier but couldn't find a link.

Interesting details Val, there's more to this than just someone thinking he was acting strange aboard the plane.

edit:

I love this:

Anthony Loynes, one of the 188 passengers aboard the flight, told CNN the pilot told passengers the plane was stopping at JFK because the plane did not have enough fuel to make it to London.

Yeah that's believable, oops we forgot to get enough fuel, we need to top her off at JFK

Also, why didn't they figure this out before the plane took off and traveled like 3,000 miles?

[edit on 7/12/2007 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 7/12/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You know, in the good old days back when, i worked for Delta Airlines and got to fly for free. I would get a pass to anywhere i wanted to go and i would ride the employee bus to the terminal, to the gate and i would have to tell the gate person i was an employee, show my pass, and i would be told i had to wait. The only way i could board the plane was if there was enough room. Sometimes i'd wear my uniform, sometimes i wouldnt. It didnt matter and it wasnt required.
When everyone boarded, they would then signal me that it was ok to board. I beleive this is the procedure for most airlines. I dont know if these were the circumstances here, but i find it "funny" that it wasnt clear he was an employee.

I think its probably the Platinum Flyer business, in which case, the man violated rules. Just because you're a frequent flyer doesnt give you Cart Blanche to do what you want to do.

And did you hear? A toddler was kicked off a flight today for talking too much?

I dont have a link but i heard it on Fox.

new topics

join