It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant badgers terrorise Iraqi port city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Saw this today and had to post it

THE Iraqi port city of Basra, already prey to a nasty turf war between rival militia factions, has now been gripped by a scary rumour – giant badgers are stalking the streets by night, eating humans.

The animals were allegedly released into the area by British forces.

Local farmers have caught and killed several of the beasts, but this has done nothing to dispel the rumour.

Daily Telegraph

you gotta love this stuff

````````````````````
Trimmed big external quote and added 'ex' tags

[edit on 12/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rock ape

“I was sleeping at night when this strange animal hit me on my head. I have not seen such an animal before. My husband hurried to shoot it but it was as swift as a deer,” Suad Hassan, a 30-year-old housewife said.

Cell phone video of the badgers circulating in Basra shows a stocky skunk-like animal with long front claws.

“I saw it three days ago at night attacking animals. It even ate a cow. It tore the cow up piece by piece. I tried to shoot it with my gun but it ran away into the orchards. I missed it,” he said.

Sounds an awful lot like a "Critter."

Worse than a badger anyway. Could be a genetically enhanced varmint of some sort. Whatever it is, it ain't a local.

[edit on 12/7/07 by Evasius]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I posted the exact same thing yesterday on BTS

Lol. It made me think of Critters too. Perhaps the film has only just got into circulation over there

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chupa101
I posted the exact same thing yesterday on BTS

Lol. It made me think of Critters too. Perhaps the film has only just got into circulation over there

You're right... Please contribute to the pre-existing thread. Thanks.

Closing this one

new topics

top topics

join