It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

schwarzenegger Skull and Bones, in your face photo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Are you sure it would be the nazi deathshead? Because on the deathshead the bones come out the side and on Arnie's one the bones are actually crossed diagonally. It just looks a bit different?

Anyway I wouldn't think there was anything wrong with him wearing skull and bones, it's a popular fashion symbol. I do agree that it's a bit weird to wear it to a Time photoshoot though. Wouldn't he have clothes advisors and photo choreographers that would have picked up on it?

Either he insisted on wearing it or his advisors told chose it for him and arranged his jacket so it was clearly showing.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I wonder how difficult it would be to identify a manufacturer on that and see what the intent is. The source could be very significant.

Apparently it has already been done, on the previous page....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/13/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Looking like a SS Totenkopf (as all skulls and bones would do if you try hard) is not the same as being a SS Totenkopf. Calling people Nazi's or suggesting they might be one is just plain wrong. Why is the guy who posted the link to the maker of the belt not getting any stars? But people who come up with the craziest idea's gets stars?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I was wondering about the ring... could it be a Masonic ring? It looks about the right shape and size, IMO.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunalei
I was wondering about the ring... could it be a Masonic ring? It looks about the right shape and size, IMO.

It could be anything, even a Hello Kitty one.. And what if it is a Masonic ring?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
Schwartzeneggar's father was a Nazi, and I believe ( I may be mistaken on this but I KNOW he was a nazi) that he was SS, therefor a death's head isn't that far fetched for him to have, it was common SS imagery.Not something I would advertise, but thats just me.

His father had been a member of the Nazi Party, but I don't think he was SS. Had he been SS, the Communists would have executed him.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yep. that's quite the evil belt buckle. Lee Downey, the artist, makes some pretty neat stuff.

www.leedowney.com...

Don't threads like this ever show ATS members they need to calm down a bit? Of course they don't because we will see the same ATS members posting the same rhetoric in the very next thread.

You know what it reminds me of for some reason? That Jump To Conclusion games from the movie office space. We need an ATS version of that game.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
If all these secret societies are so secret how come everyone knows about them?

their not secret as in no one knows the exist, but in that we don't know what they do.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It is a Harley Davidson style belt buckle, he rides bikes, nothing to see here move along...

[edit on 13-7-2007 by mdsnyh]

[edit on 13-7-2007 by mdsnyh]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
THE ARTIST WEIGHS IN ON ARNOLD'S BUCKLE

Lee Downey Bali, Indonesia

The Govenators Skull Buckle (oh my!) to see this one and more! go to > leedowney.com

www.leedowney.com...

Good catch!
But you still can't ignore how the cover is designed with all those "headlines", the back ground of Ahnold, and his efforts towards the presidency. Think about it. I like skull and bone designs, and like everyone else, not just because they look "cool" but because they represent death.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hmmm,

I think the Fleur De Lis depiction is much more interesting being as its pictured frequently with the Knights Templar

From Dante's poem Divine Comedy

"...I see the fleur-de-lis enter ...and Christ's Vicar made captive...
I see the new Pilate so ruthless that this does not sate him,
but without law he bears into the Temple with his greedy sails.
O my Lord, when shall I rejoice to see the vengeance which...
makes sweet thy wrath!"

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hmmm...
As a trained visual artist myself, after reading the statement from the creator of the buckle, I have come to a conclusion. The artistan, Lee Downey, is completely unaware of the symbolism that has been used throughout art history/heraldry and was just making a product to sell, and following market trends because 'skulls are cool' in doing so.

Problem is, someone, whose family has Nazi ties to the symbol of a skull and cross bones decided to show off a belt buckle on the front cover of one of the most published periodicals wearing a belt buckle that is very similar in motif to the Totenkopf. Someone here mentioned that it would be political suicide to do so, but not if you are trying to reach a specific audience. Perhaps Mr. Downey is correct, that he made the buckle because it is cool, and Awnold bought it because he rides a motorcycle, and likes the imagery. Then again, Mr. Downey might have made the buckle unaware of the history surrounding the motifs, but it is just as possible that Awnold like the motifs for reasons that have nothing to do with Motorcycles and everthing to do with its Symbolism.

Awnold could have also worn it, thinking that he is that Silver Skelton on the buckle here to Toorminate Global Warming, and show the Girly Men in Washington who really is boss.

Either way, Awnold's PR Team should have picked up on the symbolism before the magazine went to press if they didn't do it on purpose, in our face. And the Artisan, Lee Downey, should perhaps take an art history course or even google his subject matter, and worry less about making expensive blingy things. I find it ironic he claims that public outrage about the Son of a Nazi wearing what seems to be Nazi symbols while Governor of the State of California is "BS" and that hopefully we will all get over it by the time he returns from Aceh and the Tsunami zone. Is that supposed to make us feel bad about questioning the buckles intent, because Mr. Downey is spending part of his profits to help the poor? Good for him if he has the means, but why do we need to know his travel plans? Honestly, to me, I think he was trying to deny knowledge of the intent of his work, and distract from symbolic content, because he was didn't like the scruitiny. Being known as the "Nazi Belt Buckle Maker to the Elite" probably doesn't win many friends...

Doc Moreau

For those interested, the Fleur-de-lis is not merely "French" as the Artisan implied, but a symbol of French Monarchs. It is considered an unofficial symbol of France, and may symbolise the Holy Trinity to some, the Virgin Mother to others. The Earliest Known use of a Fleur-de-lis type symbol was used on Gaulish coins during the time of the Roman Empire.
Summerized from a Wikipedia article about Fleur-de-lis

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdsnyh
It is a Harley Davidson style belt buckle, he rides bikes, nothing to see here move along...

He might want you to think that he 'rides harleys' but I don't think he is an avid rider, at least not legally, unless he is using a sidecar.

Schwarzenegger has twice crashed motorcyles on public highways, injuring himself in the process. On January 8, 2006, while riding his Harley Davidson motorcycle, with his son Patrick in the sidecar, another driver backed into the street he was riding on, causing him and his son to collide with the car at a low speed. While his son and the other driver were unharmed, the governor sustained a minor injury to his lip, forcing him to get 15 stitches. "No citations were issued" said officer Jason Lee, a police spokesman. Schwarzenegger, who famously rode motorcycles in the Terminator movies, has never actually obtained an M-1 or M-2 endorsement on his California driver's license that would allow him to legally ride a motorcycle without a sidecar on the street. Previously, on December 9, 2001, he broke six ribs and was hospitalized for four days after a motorcycle crash in L.A.[71]

DOC MOREAU

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Links to a couple of Arnolds rings

www.yourtowncouncil.org...

www.theage.com.au...

"The silver skull ring was custom-designed for him as a gift from an unidentified friend. One likes to imagine that perhaps it was given to him by his buddy, former president George H.W. Bush -- a member of the Yale secret society Skull and Bones. Could Schwarzenegger be an honorary member?"

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Jesus Christ. He's Austrian! Everyone knows Austrians have no fashion sense! (unless of course you're talking about military garb.) The Nazis certainly looked the coolest in WWII.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by JRCrowley]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Interesting.
What do you mean by the 'other side', and do you have any links I can read?

It is not perhaps as cut and dried as I make out, the differences are subtle. I have struggled to come up with a succinct explanation. This is my personal opinion and by no means definitive.

Simply put Jacob Rothschild belongs to a set of people who have a more dualist approach to their money. They actively seek to put back in as much as they take out. George Bush's lot, of which I include Skull and Cross Bones, seem to take only. One side are peace mongers the other are war mongers. Both though, are Capitalist Imperialists who seek to shape the world as they want it with themselves as the ruling elite.

I can’t provide any links that are going to explain my point, it is based more on opinion drawn from my understanding of history applied to economics, geo-politics, social policy, current events and personalities. It is not definitive and not a fully developed – I think flexible is the term here.

The following links may give an overview of who Jacob Rothschild is and what his business interests are.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www....[hate-site-nolink]/solargeneral/library/www.fpp.co.uk/online/03/11/Oligarchs071103.html

www.buzzle.com...

www.conspiracyplanet.com...

biz.yahoo.com...

What these won't tell you, is that he has had in the past quite significant contacts in intelligence. He worked in some capacity for SOE in WWII, was at one time rumoured to be the "Fourth Man" and was well acquainted with James Angleton. Combining the links above with his contacts in intelligence may help you to understand why I find him so interesting. And in my opinion if there is a Illuminati he is in it.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

A wannabe, that's all. He's got high ambitions.

Hmmm right...

heres a guy whom came to the US and said "Im going to be the best bodybuilder of all time"

And he did it.

The he said "I'm going to be one of the biggest action movie stars ever"

And he did it.

Then he said "Im going to be Governor of California"

And he did it.

So for you to sit there and say the man is a wannabe is only proving your narrow mindedness.

So, dgtempe, what great things have you done in your life? (Other than figure out that suspenders don't go with belts)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here is a prime example of why people tend to dismiss conspiracists as nuts - they try too hard to make things out of nothing. Why can't he just like that belt buckle? Some people have power ties, maybe he likes buckles. He does ride motorcycles, after all, and skulls feature prominently in motorcycle clubs and fashions.

Why does everything have to mean something? There are patterns everywhere occuring naturally enough - if you analyze all of them you will give meaning where there is none and thus dilute true research and analysis.

edit: oh yeah, maybe the photographer just noticed it during the shoot and thought it would be an interesting focal point, you know, like professional photographers get paid to do.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Marid Audran]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hmmm right...

heres a guy whom came to the US and said "Im going to be the best bodybuilder of all time"

And he did it.

The he said "I'm going to be one of the biggest action movie stars ever"

And he did it.

Then he said "Im going to be Governor of California"

And he did it.

So for you to sit there and say the man is a wannabe is only proving your narrow mindedness.

So, dgtempe, what great things have you done in your life? (Other than figure out that suspenders don't go with belts)

OH Do you think he could be the anti christ I do remember a few years back an expert on the subject said he would be middle aged, of European decent, and a politician,

This just goes to prove that whatever pops into your head no matter how weird can be found on the net,

The Arnichrist Project

www.scatteredsheep.com...

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think its just that arnie loves hollywood.And right now pirates are in. I dont think he has any other intention by showing his buckle than to be saying,I like pirates too!
When it comes to being in with the political crowd,you dont get much closer than to marry into a family like maria shrivers.The kennedy legacy and any ambitions for the white house are obviously being tossed around,only thing is that the law wont allow arnie to run.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join