It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Chemical weapons' found in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Danish troops have found dozens of mortar rounds in southern Iraq which could contain chemical weapons according to initial tests.

The 36 120mm shells appeared to have been buried for at least 10 years, the army said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

That's an interesting turn.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Not as hopeful as I would like it to be nor as conclusive as I would like it to be Paradigm.
The finds are considered to be "left-overs" from the Iran/Iraq war-Gulf War 1, but none-the-less, approxmly. 10+/- years old.
The 400 member team that left was responsible for the destruction of old WMD, etc.
There still remains roughly 1,000 still looking through all that California-sized desert. All that freakin' sand can quite possibly hold many 'truths' or 'untruths'.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I posted this story in that ATS News thing in the "Membercenter" about 2 hours ago and it never showed up in ATS News -
News is timely... I'll not waste my time like that again~

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl Yeah, I posted this story in that ATS News thing in the "Membercenter" about 2 hours ago and it never showed up in ATS News - News is timely... I'll not waste my time like that again~
Sorry intelgurl... it wasn't published to the atsnn site because we already had a story on it: www.atsnn.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Sorry intelgurl... it wasn't published to the atsnn site because we already had a story on it:
www.atsnn.com...

I stand corrected...

Regarding the subject at hand -
I will take the unpopular position that WMD's have already been found in large quantities and news of this will be released at a politically advantageous time for the Bush administration.
I base this purely on things that reliable individuals in the military have told me...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Intelgurl:
I believe that the "chess game continues to be played."

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
GREAT theory!

I hadn't considered that!

That would be PURE political GENIUS! It would also be the FIRST time the Republicans came up with a smart strategy and actually managed to pull it off.

Can you imagine the MUD on Dizzy Dean's (sorry, I personally think the guy is a loon, don't think Shrub is all that great but in comparison, I'll take Bush) face after months of incessant "The war was illegal! There is no WMD's" the administration goes to the media with the "stockpiles"?!

What a coup! I will be LMAO if this comes to fruition...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here's another bit of "irony" to this whole story:

"The 36 120mm mortar rounds appeared to have been buried for at least 10 years, the army said."

Didn't 'credible' news sources just here recently reveal and state that Saddam/Iraq destroyed their stockpiles of WMD in 1991?! Lets see, roughly 10+/- years old would place those rounds with traces of blister gasses at roughly 1993/94?!?

Reliability of news sources and think tank institutions has got to be questioning this, right?

And the media and think tanks have yet to explain away those "unaccounted for and undocumented destroyed" Iraqi WMD................ major
!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
GREAT theory!

I hadn't considered that!

That would be PURE political GENIUS! It would also be the FIRST time the Republicans came up with a smart strategy and actually managed to pull it off.

Can you imagine the MUD on Dizzy Dean's (sorry, I personally think the guy is a loon, don't think Shrub is all that great but in comparison, I'll take Bush) face after months of incessant "The war was illegal! There is no WMD's" the administration goes to the media with the "stockpiles"?!

What a coup! I will be LMAO if this comes to fruition...

PEACE...
m...

IMO..if that was bush's plan..that just goes to show how currupt and evil he truly is...

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
I stand corrected...

Regarding the subject at hand -
I will take the unpopular position that WMD's have already been found in large quantities and news of this will be released at a politically advantageous time for the Bush administration.
I base this purely on things that reliable individuals in the military have told me...

I agree, just with conversation with a few friends in the military, you would have thought that the media would have jumped at some of the things that they reference. I think it is sad that Americans do not get information unless it benefits some one in a political arena

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
IMO..if that was bush's plan..that just goes to show how currupt and evil he truly is...

I am no fan of Bush but I fail to see how strategically holding onto information until a politically expedient time equates to evil...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, I for one give serious thought to intelgirl's theory as certainly being credible if not probable. The likelyhood that Hussien had WMDs is great regardless of the propaghanda spewn on this and every other board on the web. We know he had them and until a republican came into power, no one denied it. The downside about Bush doing this for political reasons is whats wrong with the political system in the US. No, that doesn't mean I agree with Dean just that I like what info that can on the table and up front to be there.

Now, here's a good excuse for waiting to divulge the info; Lets say other terror groups are trying to obtain such weaponry and we're using it as bait or something. The public knowledge that it had been found could endanger agents and spoil months of work leading these guys to their doom.

All in all, this is merely speculation until we're given the full story (likely never) but kudos to you intelgirl on a great theory that I'd bet on anytime.

top topics

join