It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Punished Over 'Love' Graffiti

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Girl Punished Over \

news.aol.com

KATY, Texas (July 11) - A seemingly innocent expression of young love has gotten a young girl in very serious trouble.

After writing "I Love Alex" in magic marker on her school's gym wall, 12-year-old Shelby Sendelbach was given the same punishment handed down to students who make terrorist threats and cause others bodily harm: She was kicked out of her Katy, Texas, middle school and sentenced to four months in a disciplinary program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-7-2007 by AryanWatch]

[edit on 12-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
After reading the girl's statement,I find her a regular innocent 12-year old.This punishment looksvery harsh for a 'graffiti crime'. This is also gonna have a long term psychological impact on her and she will find it hard to digest that a seemingly harmless act can have the whole world coming down on her so hard. Is this punishment justified? How should schools deal with such 'crimes'?

AryanWatch

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Damaging public property is still vandalism, regardless of intent.

YOUR tax dollars pay for these institutions upkeep. I certainly don't want my money wasted removing some little girl's pipe dreams from the wall.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
A sledgehammer to crack a nut?
Having viewed the news video link and seen the graffiti I am wondering what all the fuss is about.
This is a classic case of student victimisation.
The fascist schoolmasters/mistresses need to get a level perspective what this young lady has done.
Some people would view her actions as an impulse with minimal impact - which I do! Others ( such as the school staff) have pushed this minor misdemeanor into the news arena as a felony.
Either way this is overkill. I could understand a reaction from the school board if she had scribbled racist remarks on the wall or even profanity but this is not the case.
Common sense should take control here and she should have been asked to scrubb it off. Once done the matter should have been closed.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
While I might not agree with the severity of the punishment either, vandalism is still vandalism.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Yeah, the kid needs punishment, but surely they could have just had her clean up some of the vandalism or something, like paint over it after school for a week or a punishment along those lines. This is just insane. I'm glad I'm not in school anymore...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
While I might not agree with the severity of the punishment either, vandalism is still vandalism.

So you've never done anything wrong then?
I take it that in your early/ teenage years you never dropped litter in the street or rode your bike on the sidewalk or ever uttered profanity to anyone. Heaven forbid that you were a young budding model citizen growing up in a society of disfunctional young people.
How did you cope?
Let's get real here.
We have a young lady who, on impulse, scribbled graffiti on a scruffy school gym wall.....
.... the principle could have simply asked her to remove it and do school chores or lines as punishment - end of story!
No! The iron fist of a school authority has to intervene and - hey presto - it's national tv news. I do hope she is spared 'Boot Camp' for her regretable actions.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Any one want to email the superintendent of that school district ?
people really need to stand up agenst over use and abust of
power. This just makes me sick that the cops where involved at all.
arent the parents part of the process of bringing up a
child any more ?

DeSoto Web page

[edit on 7/12/2007 by chibihogoshino]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon

So you've never done anything wrong then?
I take it that in your early/ teenage years you never dropped litter in the street or rode your bike on the sidewalk or ever uttered profanity to anyone. Heaven forbid that you were a young budding model citizen growing up in a society of disfunctional young people.
How did you cope?
Let's get real here.
We have a young lady who, on impulse, scribbled graffiti on a scruffy school gym wall.....
.... the principle could have simply asked her to remove it and do school chores or lines as punishment - end of story!
No! The iron fist of a school authority has to intervene and - hey presto - it's national tv news. I do hope she is spared 'Boot Camp' for her regretable actions.

Hey buddy, I said I didn't agree with the punishment myself. Also, there is no need to bring in whether or not I have ever done anything "wrong". Get yourself straight.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Bah, when I went to school they would have dragged her little butt out into the hall way and paddled it. Corporal punishment in school is sorely missed IMO. You can't go writing on the walls at school, what did this girl expect, some kind of creative writing award for her vandalism? I say spank her little butt, and the grafitti would stop post haste.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
forsakenwayfarer- What a load of rubbish, this is bang out of order, shes a little kid, don't give me all that vandalism is vandalisim this could quite possibly ruin her future, unbelievable

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chibihogoshino
Any one want to email the superintendent of that school district ?
people really need to stand up agenst over use and abust of
power. This just makes me sick that the cops where involved at all.
arent the parents part of the process of bringing up a
child any more ?

DeSoto Web page

[edit on 7/12/2007 by chibihogoshino]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
forsakenwayfarer- What a load of rubbish, this is bang out of order, shes a little kid, don't give me all that vandalism is vandalisim this could quite possibly ruin her future, unbelievable

Hey buddy, I said I didn't agree with the punishment myself. Also, there is no need to bring in whether or not I have ever done anything "wrong". Get yourself straight.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The younger generation is being conditioned for NWO doctrine, it makes sense. Start in the schools and you'll have an entire generation of people that are too scared to break wind, meanwhile apathetic parents shrug and say "Oh well, that WAS pretty naughty. I'd love to see what a "Phantom Pooher" would get. We had one at school, nobody ever new who it was, you'd come to class after lunch and there was a shiny new deposit in the corner. Gulag?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I'd love to see what a "Phantom Pooher" would get.

DIG - Going by the point in discussion,this 'Phantom Pooher' would be hanged in front of the whole school during the morning prayers.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In America so many sick harsh and crazy things are happening sorry to say that but i'm glad that my family and me are living here in Germany/Europe.
The same thing with that issue about the (Police and their tasers) that would be impossible here.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
which bit of " punishment as a detterent to others " do people not understand ?

the ` defence ` of " well other people wrote on the same wall ... and they did not get punished " is total garbage

she was caught , she is being punished ... and the rest of the school will take note

to be a deterent , punishment must be severe enough to DETER

there is no NWO conditioning

when i was @ school - i too receieved corpral punishment - sometimes at assembly infront of my entire year

it sent a lesson to the entire house

and in this case - when the school caretaker repaints that wall - it will stay pristine

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think that the punishment is a bit OTT, but for me, the key words were "I didn't think I'd get caught" - which show that she knew she was doing wrong.
She also admitted lying to police, at first, before telling the truth.

A little kiddy high jinks that's been blown out of proportion - I just wonder if the girl has any "previous" at the school. The report said she had no criminal record, but I wonder what kind of relationship she has with authority figures in the school, because this looks like she has been targetted.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
More NWO conditioning and poo pooh!

Incredible that this innocent child has to go thru this. What a generation, and obviously some of you are right there behind the NWO mode of thinking.

For Pete's sakes, come on!!!

I fear for this country. And i mean real fear.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I fear for this country. And i mean real fear

dgtempe - I don't think this a casue of worry amidst all the problems we already have. this is just a one off incident.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join