It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Body

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well I tried it again this morning but I couldnt get the vibrations. I didnt get them this time. Maybe the morning isnt good for me, maybe I should be doing it in the night. Does anyone have a specific time at which they do oobe's. All I know is though sometime this week I'm going to go to a local bookstore and get the book by Robert Monroe: Journeys Out of Body. It just sounds so good and like there would be great advice for me in it. Another book that I was reading that is online and there is a published version is this one
CLICK HERE

Maybe that book will also help some people out as it did me. It helped me get rid of some of the fears that I had incorporated by oobe's.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Monroe book is must reading. He doesn't give good instructions on generating an OBE, but the value is in the breadth of experiences and it's just good reading.

Regarding timing, I've found that the best time is right after waking, usually during the night. It's best after you have a vivid dream and lie still, focusing out a few feet into the darkness with eyes closed. If I have a weird or scary dream, that's the best. The reason is, your first OBE is thoroughly creepy. So it's that "hair standing up on the back of your neck" feeling that gets associated with the vibrational state. In fact, I try to magnify the creepy feeling, not the vibrations themselves.

Although my OBEs are spontaneous, there's technique involved--I don't really have control over the creepy feeling, but once it hits, I know there's a chance to generate the vibrations. I hope this makes some sense.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Are there any books you do recommend about oobe.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I highly recommend Monroe's book. The one thing he mentions that's usable as a technique is focusing into the darkness with your eyes closed. That seems to instigate the vibrations when other conditions are right. But I also think just reading about his experiences conditions your mind somehow and makes you more susceptible to OBEs. I had more after reading his book than before, but not really because of the techniques he mentions.

I read a couple other books years ago but they didn't help systemize my OBEs. I remember one technique I read wherein you leave your arm propped up on your elbow so that whenever you start to fall asleep, your forearm falls and wakes you up. Didn't work with me. Like I said, I have them when I wake up, not before sleep. Do get Monroe's book. It's fascinating.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
iv got a really good question for any one thats an avid obe'er, for those of you how can get out an float anywhere at will is it possible to visit a personand help them get out? I guess grab there astral arm and help pull them out?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
That's an excellent question I've wondered about many times. In fact, I decided to try and do exactly that. Unfortunately, my predetermined plans never seem to pan out once I'm out. It's almost as though the agenda suddenly changes. So I still don't know if it can be done. If the other person is asleep, it seems possible, doesn't it?

I've even decided to make it really simple: "Ok, next time I'm out, I'll fly over to my son's room and see if I can wake him up." And lo and behold, I get out and decide to go somewhere entirely different. It could be that others with more control can do these things, but I've been unsuccessful.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
sounds like we have the makings of a small ATS study group here all we need to find is someone who can jump out at there will and stay out, then a few test subjects. what do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
lol forgot to reply. yea it does sound very feasible, let me know if you can wake your son up or not I'm interested to see how that goes

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Don't you think your son would FREAK OUT. lol.
I know I would if something just decided to wake me up and take me out of my body.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah, not meaning to be a party pooper, but isn't that rather irresponsible?

Shouldn't your son choose whether or not he wants to participate?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Irresponsible? My intention was just to wake him up. My son is well aware of my "weirdness." He's 22 and a skeptic, and he's not worried about it at all.

[edit on 7/18/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
haha then I would say yank him out and make him a beleiver!

not but seriously show him tell him to stay awake maybe so he beleives it was not a dream and attempt to get his attention

<< 1   >>

join