It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phony firm got radioactive materials, easily

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here is one more example of how easily it could be for radioactive material can get into the wrong hands. Follow the link and it will take you to a time line map showing many other examples.

Leonid Smirnov, the first known thief of weapons-grade fissile material in the world, was arrested by accident at the train station in Podolsk on his way to Moscow. He was taken in with three friends suspected of an unrelated crime. Smirnov happened to be carrying three lead containers containing over 1.5 kilograms of highly enriched uranium. Inspired by an article he read about uranium's purported street value in Komsomolskaya Pravda, he had stolen it from the Luch Scientific Production Association, where he had worked for over 25 years. Luch carries out research and development of nuclear reactors for spacecraft.
link to sorce and time line

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My main question would be, if it is so easy, than what has taken them so long??? Also, instead of crashing jets through a couple of buildings, why didn't they get there hands on Nuclear Material when the USSR broke up which was the easiest time in history to be able to get your hands on Nuclear material.

Again, this Government with help from Homeland Security, has wrapped the American People in a Burka of Fear. "Fear everything" is there motto.

Let step back to reality for a second and understand that whatever happens in America is whatever the Current Government who is in power wants to happen.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hoocheyman
In response to why a radiological attack has not happened yet, go to the link above your post and look at what is being said on the time line. It will not answer all questions but it will answer some.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My response is two fold: He was caught a year after which gave him plenty of time to steal enough to sell to certain individuals.

Also, there was a certain guy who controls Libya who had plenty of the stuff to supply and the reports of the Pakistani scientist who was selling directly to North Korea. I would guess that any Middle Eastern country who has the Money could of bought plenty of Nuclear Product in the early 90's to the year 2000.

I would bet that the leader of the Al Queda movement, Mr Osama Bin Laden, IF HE WAS able to pull off 9/11 with a bunch of knuckle heads, could also aquire the means to create and deploy a dirty bomb if he wanted. But, I think Mr Osama Bin Laden is a CIA opperative so he wouldn't do it anyway unless the US WANTED HIM TO.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hoochyman
your point that there is plenty of the stuff out there is part of what this whole tread is about. There is plenty of it and its not all being kept secure, that is my biggest point.
I have not found a reference for this statement but on a local documentary it was stated that OBL thugs made an attempt to purchase radiological mater twice from Russian criminals. Both times he was cheated out of his prize by purchasing false material. So the attempt has been made.
To me that brings the question, why did the criminals not sell him the real stuff since there is so much of it out there?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This leads me to the Pakistan theory of this: If OBL is hiding in Pakistan, which has been his safe haven for a long time, and he has many friends there, why didn't he get his stash from the Scientist from Pakistan????

Like I said before, the OBL that we hear of from this Government is one who is actively looking to create a dirty bomb to destroy America. The OSB that I keep reading about is a US CIA operative who, like maybe your eluding too, is not really looking for a dirty nuke but is just a creation of this Government to create FEAR.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I can't really say why he did not get the radiological material from Pakistan because I do not know how careful Pakistan is with there radiological waste. However the point does still remain that there is enough out there that can be legally obtained, such as cesium, I don't know why he had not gotten any.
I just still can't agree that the threat is only to insight fear. A poster above said something to the effect that the terror attacks happened because we have gotten so many threats that we stopped taking them seriously. With the responses that I have seen here the same thing will happen again for the same reasons.
So little was learned.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I would guess its not very easy, even considering the abundant supply of the ingrediant you mention, to buy that stuff even in the black market. Considering that most Black Market arms sellers are actually US Government employees, CIA agents, or ex KGB.

Secondly, Pakistan, I think just after 9/11 or before which was the height of OBL power and influence, arrested there Senior and Only Nuclear Scientist on selling secrets to North Korea among others I believe.

Creating a Nuclear device developed to kill thousands or millions of people is not an easy task, even if its a dirty bomb.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Actually creating the dirty bomb is an easy task so long as you have the material. It just uses the blast to disperse the material, the wind does the rest.
I do remember the Pakistan scientist being blamed for selling the nuke secretes. I do not know if he was involved in selling radiological material though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join