It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

harry potter 5

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
ok so i thought it skipped arpund way too much and they changed a whole lot of details which i found to be very annoying....

gimme some feedback here people what did ya think?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
i just finished re-reading the book yesterday,a 766 page slab. can't wait to see the movie!

Roswell.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by roswell1]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm going to see it on Saturday, will let you know... (and geek that I am, I'll be dressed as Mad Eye Moody - hey, my friends dress up too, so I won't be alone...between all of us, we've got enough different costumes to open a shop, lol)

So far, the films, like the books, have not failed to disappoint. I'll also be in line at midnight to buy the book. Sure, I know you can pre-order, etc., but it's actually a great experience to meet and talk with other fans...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
hey Gazrok send in some pic's of yourself and your friends, where are you going to get the "magic eye"?

I ordered the book myself, that way I'll definitely get it.

I am seeing the movie today (Friday Australian time) at 12:40 I'll report back as soon as I can

Roswell.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
I am seeing the movie today (Friday Australian time) at 12:40

make that Saturday (same time) sold out today and the last two days too. thats a lot of harry potter fans!

i have a ticket for tomorrow so i will definitely be seeing it.

Roswell.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

hey Gazrok send in some pic's of yourself and your friends, where are you going to get the "magic eye"?

At the last Ren fest here, I got a great leather patch, that has a glass eye with wrinkled leather around it forming a sinister looking arch, hehe....

I'll likely post pics I guess, and revel in my geekiness...after all, it is "Embrace your geekiness day"....

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I can say I really do enjoy all the Harry potter movies!!
#5 looks really good! I would like to hear about the movie from anyone who sees it..
Im a big fantasy buff, and sure Harry potter can get picked on for being the kiddy lord of the rings kinda movie, but I disagree! I like Harry potter and Im 30 years old..hehe IM a dork I know..

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i forgot about this thread for a while, but this is what i thought...

first of all, i have to say that anyone that has read the book will be a bit disappointed because a lot of the book was cut out, more than the previous movies. but you have to read the book to figure out what is going on sometimes because there are large time leaps that are not shown in any way.

one of the things that disappointed me was that, in the book, Ron becomes the new Keeper for the Gryffindor Quidditch team and is shunned by everyone including the Slytherin house who sing the song "Weasley is our king", comprised of the lyrics;

"Weasley is our king!,
Weasley is our king!"

Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,
That's why Slytherins all sing:
Weasley is our king."

"Weasley was born in a bin,
He always lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley will make sure we win,
Weasley is our King!"

"Thats Why all the Slytherins sing,
Weasley is our King!"

which puts him off for all the games except in the final match between Gryffindor and Slytherin he makes a lucky mistake and wins the game for Gryffindor, but in the movie the topic of Quidditch is completely ignored.

also in the book Harry, George and Fred are banned from playing Quidditch by Professor Umbridge when they all belt up Malfoy.

but all in all, beside a few faults, it is an alright movie that i would highly recommend it to every one.

thats my opinion anyway.

Roswell.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
and another thing they messed up on was that hagrid took all 3 kids to see grawp in the book it was only harry and hermione...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I really don't understand why they made it so short! Everything just felt too disjointed, I don't see why they couldn't make it as long as PotC 3 and kept in some more of the plot to make it flow better. Ok so we all had numb bums after Pirates, but I could have easily sat through that length of time again. The ending definatly needed more!

For some reason Radio 1 was claiming this was the best Potter films so far, they must have seen a different film to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Luckily, I read the book when it came out, so it had been a while...so I really didn't miss what was removed.

I think it was an overall good job. I saw the IMAX 3D version, and the end battle in 3D (all that was in 3D) was incredible..... In the food forum, I posted a pic of the Hogwarts cake (in the what do you do best thread) I did for the birthday girl (we went to the movie for her b-day, and she had a whole Harry Potter theme...big fan of the books). Would have definitely enjoyed it (the film) more if it were longer, but still quality as always....
I'll post some pics of my friends and I dressed up after I get around to getting them off the camera.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ok, here are the pics in all of our geekiness...

Me, as Mad Eye Moony...

My wife, as Moaning Myrtle...

A friend, as Luna Lovegood, and Hermoine Granger...

Her husband, as Severus Snape....

Another friend, as the Giantess head of a school (blanking on the name) from Goblet of Fire....

Her husband, as Hagrid...with Norbert....

Their daugher, as a Quidditch player...

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
that is the funniest thing i have ever seen!!

good costumes by the way.

Roswell.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Very good costumes indeed, Hagrid is almost perfect. Looks like ya'll had a good time dressing up.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Now my wife wants to dress up for the book party tonight, LOL!!! So yep, we'll be reading it shortly after midnight tonight...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There were huge lines of people waiting in line in London eagerly awaiting the chance to get their copy of the book yesterday. People from Scandinavia and America had been camping outside a certain book store since mid week. Never been a fan of Mr.Potter myself, I am only interested in factual books, but I was amazed at the dedication of these fans. The Americans said they would read the new book on the way back on the plane.

new topics

top topics

join