It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever dream that you're dreaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hehe, just wondering how many other people have experienced this. On several occasions I've dreamt that I was dreaming, then in the dream I 'wake up' and honestly think that I'm awake, then after awhile I really DO wake up and it's kind of disorienting and frustrating. Once it repeated itself several times, until I was finally awake! Have you had this happen?

Also, slightly different but anyway...the other night I dreamed that I woke up and looked at my mp3 player to see what time it was, and it was 10:24 AM, then I really did wake up, looked at the clock, and it was 10:24. Just thought that was weird...

[edit on 11-7-2007 by selinakyle]

[edit on 11-7-2007 by selinakyle]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
How do you know that your not really dreaming right now? Your whole life can be a dream and you wouldn't know it till you die and wake up again in a different dimension as a different person.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Interesting story man..

Yesterday i was in bed when i heard a loud noise and i thought it was a plane.So i started thinking about what would happen if it hit my house,would it just go through the roof and smash into the side of my neighbors house or would it smash into mine..

Anyway i went to bed and since i sleep in the day time when i woke up it was on the news that a small plane smashed into a house in Florida and killed 5 poeple..

I think these weird things happen alot,i have no explanation for your dream or my thoughts..

(btw i know very well im not physcic lol)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by selinakyle
Hehe, just wondering how many other people have experienced this. On several occasions I've dreamt that I was dreaming, then in the dream I 'wake up' and honestly think that I'm awake, then after awhile I really DO wake up and it's kind of disorienting and frustrating.

Hm. I've had maybe two times that I was having one of those hypnopompic nightmares that seem real, realized it was a dream and "woke up", only to find it was still going on, just changed around a bit. Panic time. Then I woke up for real. It was very disorienting but I was damn glad it was a dream the second time.

Have also proceeded to a bizarre state several times where I was awake and fully aware, but still asleep and dreaming, if that makes sense. That is, I was dreaming one of those really stupid dreams, and became aware that I was breathing heavily, then that my eyes were partially open and scanning back and forth. I couldn't figure out what was going on at first.

After a few minutes, I realized I was still asleep - at least my body was. I could see where my eyes were pointing but couldn't move them, and I could hear myself breathing heavily. I could "look in my head" - can't explain it any better - and watch the dream I was having, sort of like watching it at a drive-in, or ignore it and watch the back of my wife's head while I listened to the little sounds in the house. That was fun for a few minutes, then boredom set in.

I have also dreamt that I went to sleep in a dream, sort of the converse of your question.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
yup I have woken up to find myself in yet another dream as well as fallen asleep in a dream just to dream another dream lol

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It must be dozens of times where I have woken up inside of a dream only to truly wake up later on. Also have had dreams where I dreamed I had an out of body experience. Upon returning to the body and waking up, I'd think that was it. But then later on I'd wake up from the dream.

Just how if you always have thoughts of going sky diving on your mind, just thinking about it all the time. You might dream often of going on sky diving trips of sorts with your friends, maybe even sky diving.

Well it's the same thing if you have dreaming on your mind, you may well end up dreaming that you are dreaming.
I guess it's sad to be so unaware in dreams when that's all you are trying to do, but I enjoy it either way and it happens a lot. Once I had an out of body experience inside of a dream and it has been my most spectacular dream/oobe experience to date (I went to the moon and the great wall of china at very fast speed). But at the end of the day it was still just a dream, but very fun.

But I'd say it happens mainly and especially if you have dreaming on your mind.

edit: If you are sure that you thought the clock said 10:42 before looking at it, and also sure that you were dreaming (and didn't actually have your eyes open) then that would be quite something. This sounds more like an out of body experience. Have you checked this out yet?

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Novise]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Haha, yeah, I had my first panic attack because of that. I was the second time in my life where I can truly say i felt FEAR. I swear even drowning wasn't as frightful.

I seems like any ordinary night, I woke up, and when I did, I couldn't move my body. Having experienced this before I thought it was sleep paralysis, but unfortunately it wasn't.

All I know was, I felt a presence near me, and so I move my eyes to the sides, and distinctly saw to shadowy being, one was in a murky shade of red and the other yellow. All I remember was that I was trying to resist them, and as one of presence's hand got closer and closer to my chest, the more I began to panic.

As it touched my chest, I felt an intense pressure, and blacked out, when I woke up, I was just breaking in sweat, my heart was beating so hard, and I could barely breath.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

edit: If you are sure that you thought the clock said 10:42 before looking at it, and also sure that you were dreaming (and didn't actually have your eyes open) then that would be quite something. This sounds more like an out of body experience. Have you checked this out yet?

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Novise]

I really have no idea if it was an OBE or not, but I'm thinking it was just a premonition in the dream, although I'm not sure what would be the point of it.. It was a pretty strange occurence for me though.

Hey, everyone's experiences are really interesting!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Interesting dream, but do you realize that you can kind of subconsciously tell time? Especially while sleeping. At least, I know I can. Often, on a morning that I have to wake up at a certain time (though it helps for it to me later than say, 5:30 a.m. or something, so that I'm not too tired), I've found that I tend to wake up up to 30 minutes before the time I'm supposed to get up. I'm also pretty good at guessing what time it is while I'm awake, and often end up being right, within a half hour or so.

So that could be why you dreamed that.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yeah the odds aren't terrible for narrowing it down and your subconcious getting it right, but if you had to say if he was more likely to guess it than to come up with the wrong number, I think the safe bet would not be that he'd guess it.

I'm going to start trying to test this extra-sensory type stuff with a deck of cards as I sleep, turn a random card over w/o looking. But I was playing cards the other night and realized that the odds of guessing the card is 1/52... it's not horrible odds. But if you were to get it right on the first occurence, that would still be pretty big.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
Yeah the odds aren't terrible for narrowing it down and your subconcious getting it right, but if you had to say if he was more likely to guess it than to come up with the wrong number, I think the safe bet would not be that he'd guess it.

Yeah, but the point is your brain does not "guess" the time. Many people find theta they wake up mere seconds before thair alarm clock goes off. I myself have turned to it when I wake up and switched it off just before it rings. Not just familiarity with a regular wakeup time, but when it's set for other times too. It's not a regular thing, but it's not at all uncommon. And it's not just guessing or luck.

new topics

top topics

join