It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark David Chapman didn't kill Lennon, McCartney did.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Look at this late Beatles video, Sir Paul wasn't looking fond of his collaborator:

Paul had a good run with Jet BUT John was getting more popular as a solo artist. Collaborating with Elton John, Whatever gets You Through the Night(recent stuff, written by Lennon) and doing his own tunes, that was doing well. Motive? Ego. He was doing it on his own. It's not like Paul was a pauper, he could make this happen.

This is in Skunkworks for a reason. It's out there. Is it possible? Could be imo. Paul's an egotistical person.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well in the times during this video shoot I am sure that Lennon and the rest of the band members were already deep in a lot of behind the scenes fights among each other over,IMO, most of what Lennon was doing and saying about world politics and world governments that, again IMO, lead to the band officially breaking up. Along with Lennon's out spoken interviews on TV about how fans need to get over the "mop top days" of the band and start to focus on Lennon's political stand points that angered the other band members, McCartney the most probably. But I don't think he was the type to murder his friend Lennon even with all their disagreements.

It's no big secret that the CIA didn't like Lennon for his out-spokeness about Vietnam and his anti-militarism and peace activism. I think that there was/is a CIA cover-up on his death and that the Cuban security guard at Lennon's building was a "hit man" working for the CIA ... he worked for them before during the Bay of Pigs Invasion that was an attempt to overthrow Castro.

*a Monkey wrench* Some say Chapman was a "Manchurian Candidate" of some sort

Good song in the video tho

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Paul had a good run with Jet BUT John was getting more popular as a solo artist. Collaborating with Elton John, Whatever gets You Through the Night(recent stuff, written by Lennon) and doing his own tunes, that was doing well.

First off that song was from the early 70's and secondly John was coming off about a 5 yr retirement, recording his come back album, when he was shot.
Pauls musical career was far ahead of Johns at the time of his death and Jet was a golden oldie...
Paul had about 12 albums by the time John was shot.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So, was that the real Paul, or the Billy guy??

Anyways, the only 'mad' face I saw was one of Lennon's near the end......

'Paul' looked like he might have been having a problem with a contact lens......hardly of the 'looks could kill' variety.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is in Skunkworks for a reason.

Thoughts?

The black helicopters unleashed?

Ridiculous premise. You must be trying to start something..........

(PS---You did get me to abandon my no posting pledge that I made to myself a few weeks ago, I had to focus my OCD in vegetable growing and had only a few minutes a day to check out my favorite site.)

[pops 2 OCD pills and disconnects the keyboard].........

.....damn u Intrepid!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So the thread title claiming Paul killed John is based on:

~ He wasn't looking fond of his collaborator. Really? How angry can a person look singing "shooby-doo-wah"?

~ He had the money. To hire a hit man? Then there are a million other suspects. John was hit out in the open, no elaborate plan whatsoever, perp arrested.

~ Paul was jealous. Ok, I've wasted enough time here.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
perhaps it wasn't the real McCartney as he died previous to the Abby road album, maybe the Look a like who is McCartney now was furious that Lennon was stealing his thunder, he just got his big break only to have it all taken away.
People have killed other people for dumber reasons, and less I might add.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
DING DING DING!

We now have a winner of the best 'Skunk Works' thread ever!

Wasn't McCartney touring with Wings at the time? Could it have been Pete Best instead of McCartney? The fifth Beatle has to hold some grudges.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
DING DING DING!

We now have a winner of the best 'Skunk Works' thread ever!

We aim to please. You can do it too. Just add a HUGE amount of alcohol.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Only thing I noticed was Paul having some fun singing the song. He looked bored at first, but as the song went on Paul looked like he was playing a little bit and tried to liven it up and have some fun. Other than that I just saw his normal playing habits...(he makes the weirdest expressions while playing... but very emotional as well.)

It was probably the CIA or something... who knows... it could have been anyone cuz he was and still is such a high profile. Maybe he found something and was going to expose it or something. Plus a lot of people never did forgive him for the comment that they were bigger than God.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Intrepid, I would give this theory a good looking at if you could define some logistics behind it, i.e how or why, did Paul hire somebody, do it himself etc.
I think if you will look at my avatar, I have my own theory... lol

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Intrepid, I would give this theory a good looking at if you could define some logistics behind it, i.e how or why, did Paul hire somebody, do it himself etc.
I think if you will look at my avatar, I have my own theory... lol

Oh, the thread that won't go away.

Bert twitchy? Could be. I was thinking in a drunken stupor that Paul may have hired Chapman to do this as John was making a major comeback. Ego and all.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I had always thought that the whole Lightfoot's "Stephen King killed John Lennon" angle was completely ridiculous until I saw the pictures here...
www.lennonmurdertruth.com...
While obviously not proof, it sent a chill up my spine nonetheless.
I wouldn't worry about it too much Intrepid, I've had moments of obscurity myself.
I know you regret starting the thread, but amazingly some of the younger folks don't even know who Lennon was, I guess we're getting old but it's always good to see a John Lennon Assasination thread sift through the muck, it's something I feel very strongly that we as conspiracy theorists should pass on to the next Generation of truth seekers.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yoko had John killed. That was the only way that she could have total control. The CIA I think used him and tracked him but that was about it. Paul had no reason to kill Lennon but I wanted to kill Paul after the Michael Jackson collaboration

Honestly, I have always thought that yoko had a hand in his death. She killed the band, and when she could no longer control everything about John, she made sure he was killed. He was recording an album that was already pre-selling close to half a million copies, and what better way to shoot it over the top and make a statement. He was the first Biggy/cobain do it for commercial success murder.

Why would she have left his side when walking in? He turned and was shot. Done. It was her. I hate Yoko Ono....

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
She killed the band

Paul McCartney, the control freak, was the reason the band broke up not Yoko. The other 3 had been tired of working with Paul for years. Paul kept the band together for those years, but was also responsible for the break-up.
John had finally had enough of Pauls controlling ways and quit (The other 2 had done the same but were convinced to come back). Paul told him not to saying anything, but then announced he was quiting himself to the press. Paul was a control freak and if the band was to break up he had to be the one to appear do it.
Yoko had nothing to do with it other than maybe convincing John he didn't need the Beatles.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
You might have a point there, intrepid. I bet Paul didn't like this song here one bit. In fact, it might have made him very very angry. Specially when John sang "The only thing you've done was 'Yesterday'!"

John Lennon - How Do You Sleep?

top topics

join