It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Holes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Can I hear soom thoughts about Black Holes from you?

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, I have all kinds of theories on Black Holes right now. One that was outstanding in my head though is that I always thought that all matter and light that was trapped in the hole was spit out on the other side, and that it was creating a "Baby" universe. I think I've also heard something about this before somewhere, but I don't know.

dmz

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I like Carl Sagan's version and how the black area started a spiraling down to infinity...same as pie...3.14... not ending or when it does...it would not matter any more. have we finished running the final numbers in pie...yet? Anyway...he tied the final spiral down to worm holing through space. Interesting.

Do a search on black matter...new thought on the emptiness of space.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
One idea is that a black hole is actually just a super condensed star that is not really a whole at all. Since no one can see beyond the event horizon, the shape of the inside is somewhat of a mystery. It has been determined that many black holes spin. This is significant in determining the shape and movement of galaxies.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Darkhelmet
Yes, this concept is based on the idea of a white hole. The other end of the black hole in another universe that is spewing out matter. There is very little theoretical information for this idea and no evidence.

dmz
Pie is has no end that we know of. It probably simply has no end, continuing on forever, that is why it is often expressed in its formula state, because the decimal state is infinite. As for the spiraling to inifinity that may indeed be the case. By black matter do you mean dark matter?

Dark Star
A black hole is formed when a super heavy star collapse in on itself. It then grown in "size" or rather mass by pulling in more matter from around it. There is a very large black hole at the center of the milkyway.

A black hole is the term given to a singularity and it surrounding event horizon. The singularity is where gravity has pulled matter into a single point. Space, time, and matter all pulled into a single point. The event horizon is a black sphere around the singularity where nothing can escape, not even light. This makes black holes visualy look like just an empty spot in space. However we can detect them by several means. The simplist way is to look for it gravitational effect on nearby things. Other major bodies will orbit it and it will bend light that pass near it. The second way is to pass a light source behind it. Watch a star and if you lose sight of it, it may have passed behind a black hole. The third is to look for gamma ray streams comming from its poles. Black hole spin and as they do they fire gamma rays out through its poles.

A few Black hole facts:

1. Black Holes were predicted by relativity before they were actualy discovered.
  2. There is no "hole" involved with a Black Hole, the term notes that they just look like an empty area of space.
  3. Even though all Singularities are a single point in space they still have the Mass and angular momentum of whatever created and has fallen into them.
  4. Black Holes are not wormholes (a tear in space-time) though thier gravity could theoreticaly cause wormholes nearby or within the event horizon.
  5. A human would or any other matter would be torn to shreds long before it got close to the event horizon.

new topics

top topics

join