It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe in Psychics ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There are tons of scam artists out there that are after your money and tell you what you want to hear.To me the best psychics are the hispanic ones that are religious and into "santeria" which is similar to what thos shamen be doing but it's in spanish culture.The hispanic psychics might charge from time to time but they should be given free or at a very low price.I don't know why but alote of my family and relatives are into that and do these readings which are very accurate.They seem to be capable of looking into the person's past or future at ease without trying to give you false info.Some of these psychics claim to get their wisdom from roaming spirits that have not "went into the light" as they say and think that they're still alive, that's why there are claims of people being controlled by spirits or being forced to leave the property that was once theirs.If there's anyone out there who believes this stuff post whhatever info you know or any encounters with psychics that either scamed you or told you the truth.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I believe there are some who have an inner knowing or "sixth sense," yes. However, I am very weary of many of the people who claim to be psychic because so many have used it as a way to scam people.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I believe there are some who have an inner knowing or "sixth sense," yes. However, I am very weary of many of the people who claim to be psychic because so many have used it as a way to scam people.
Finally I've gotten a reply from someone that is not completly skeptical on the subject, you're 100% correct on the scaming part, I've seen these fakes around my area,those greedy witches, the true psychics have to due it for free ,like my relatives, due to it being a divine gift/sixth sense.If they were to charge/scam people supposedly "bad spirits" would follow them for the rest of their lifetime bothering them like what happened in the movie "Ghosts" where Whoopie Goldberg gets followed by a ghost for being a bser.Hope you post back any other aspects that you find ficticous or truthfull.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Exactly. I have never ever nor would i ever even consider charging $ or asking anything in return, and I would never trust anyone who did. I dont care what their justification is.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Exactly. I have never ever nor would i ever even consider charging $ or asking anything in return, and I would never trust anyone who did. I dont care what their justification is.
You got that right mrsdudara, that's why I only go to my mom or one of my relatives who I know personally not some madame cleo wanna be with a gipsie get-up, who's got one of those crystal balls which are used as some type of mumbo jumbo to scam people for money, which is similar to a seen in the pee wee herman movie where he gives the fortune teller all his money as she makes up stuff as to where his stolen bike was, anyway thanks for your contribution and would like to hear more from you either against it or a small % in believing it.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, I actually went to a "Tarot card reader" one time, and she was quite accurate.... I don't necessarily think that all of those that do it for profit are phony, but probably a large percentage of them are.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, I actually went to a "Tarot card reader" one time, and she was quite accurate.... I don't necessarily think that all of those that do it for profit are phony, but probably a large percentage of them are.

Some of them want to pay to have some sort of income, I can understand that, but some have a regular job like you and I that still charge a heck of alote of money for thier services.I didn't say all were fake from across the nation ,all I was sayin' is that those who were in my neighborhood were phony. Hope you could tell us what the teller told you, don't have to tell the private ones, I'm open on this subject.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am not saying that they are phony because they take money. It is just my opinion that it is wrong to do so. I understand that there are people out there who have to make a buck and this may be the only way they can do so. Good for them. I see it as a gift and a responsibility not a money making opprotunity. I also view it as something that needs to be treated with caution and respect......kind of like explosives. Mixing anything with it - cards, crystal balls, money - adds a danger i dont care to deal with.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I never really believed in psychics to be honest. But I now kinda sorta believe. I had an experience that was real freaky. There's a guy that you see around town. His name is Sammy. He was the guy around town that you saw often, and all over the place. Everyone considered him rather weird. Not dangerous, just weird. He never ever spoke - not to anyone. He would look all around himself all the time. Sometimes he would look at someone and make a face. Again it was just weird, not threatening.
Anyway several years back, a buddy of mine and myself went to the mall. We were just walking around, and we saw Sammy. He looked at us, and he fixated on my buddy, and made a face of fear. He came over to us. I'd never heard his voice before, in fact I wasn't sure he could talk. He went to my buddy and said:
"Don't look at me. I don't want you to blame me for the tragedy. I didn't want to see it."

Then he turned around and continued doing his thing. My buddy and I just looked at each other, and were thinking, "What the hell was that all about?"

Anyway, the very next afternoon my buddies wife was killed in a traffic accident.

Coincidence? I for one am not sure.

True story.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
He came over to us. I'd never heard his voice before, in fact I wasn't sure he could talk. He went to my buddy and said:
"Don't look at me. I don't want you to blame me for the tragedy. I didn't want to see it."

Then he turned around and continued doing his thing. My buddy and I just looked at each other, and were thinking, "What the hell was that all about?"

Anyway, the very next afternoon my buddies wife was killed in a traffic accident.

Coincidence? I for one am not sure.

True story.
I know how it feals to be mystified by some prediction that comes to reality , I had a number of crazy experiences that nobody would believe in ATS. Thanks for your contribution and would like to hear more events from you or anyone else here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't believe in any of those who claim can talk to spirits or communicate to others in some other 'dimension'. It just seems really hard to believe in without any solid proof, and thats the thing, this is not something that can easily be proven right or wrong both ways.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaronman
I don't believe in any of those who claim can talk to spirits or communicate to others in some other 'dimension'. It just seems really hard to believe in without any solid proof, and thats the thing, this is not something that can easily be proven right or wrong both ways.
.I have no reason to be against you or misjudge you on your beliefs since this is open to discussion on either being truth or false.I wanna ask you a question, do you believe in spirits that roam the earth that choose not to reincarnate or you're a complete skeptic on anything related to ghost in general ? It's all those ghost movies on T.V that debunk the subject, especially that show called "ghost hunters", whoever believes that show are easier to be manipulated by the government, anyway keep posting what makes you disbelieve and I'll keep replying, thanks.

Lug

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I sure do believe in psychics. Every time I see another human being I see another psychic. Everybody is a psychic whether they know it or not.

The ones I don't trust are the ones that proclaim they are psychics to the exclusion of the rest. The ones I despise are the ones who want money for their service and the ones who I hate the most are the ones who charge money but are unaware of their natural psychic abilities.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lug
I sure do believe in psychics. Every time I see another human being I see another psychic. Everybody is a psychic whether they know it or not.
I believe everyone else on this planet is capable of bein' a psychic as well Lug, it's that people don't focus there mental abilities to unlock that hidden gift.

top topics

join