It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really cruelty if your indoor cats have ALL their claws removed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
The vet will tell you "yes", but in the case of my cats, they're litter mates and they don't want to have ANYTHING to do with the outdoors. They bop and bite like all cats do but it's friendly, and since they will never want to go outside I think I should have the right to remove the claws from their hind legs.

Our Siamese likes to go Freddy Kreuger on my leather La-Z-Boy, and then he looks at me like "Aren't you proud of me daddy?"

Peace

I don't think it would be cruelty if you keep them inside. I saw a cat once who had a serious attitude that had been declawed and the only thing I could think of is that a priveledge had been taken from the cat, making her extremely angry. I think they get some sort of satisfaction out of clawing things. It must be satisfying though to watch your cat claw at that furniture and not do any damge to it.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by Voyager1]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I need to bump this thread due to a usurper.

A new thread called "DeClawing Cats" has shown up in "General Chit Chat" that impinges on this thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
We're very lucky that our cat doesn't choose furniture for his scratching post. We have a huge area rug in the living room that kitty takes out his scratching needs on.

Dr. Love,

We've had many Siamese cats in the past; Lilac, Sealpoint, Chocolate. This time around we decided to adopt a different breed from the shelter. 'Oliver' is just the sweetest. He's a real suck.

Imagine trying to declaw this little darling (turn speakers down):

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

That cat wants to get slicing and dicing on somebody...........BADLY!!

Unfortunately I don't think that Burger has much of a future left in this world.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join