It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! Fully intact baby mammoth corpse found!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A hunter discovered the corpse in Russia's arctic Yamalo-Nenetsk region of Siberia. It is so intact that they may be able to completely genetically map the species. It appeared to be around 6 months old, and weigh around 110lbs. Amazing find.

news.aol.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I wonder if the littler baby mammoth's can be cloned, if is so well preserve I imagine everything else will be in good shape.

Russia artic seems to be a great heaven for many of the best preserve mammoths discovered so far.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Marg-The Russian scientific community seemed to down-play the cloning capability possibilities. But if this thing still has internal organs intact, it really has me wondering as well!

Found another link to the story with additional info at BBC news...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
According to the Yahoo News article both this mammoth and the one found in 1977 are about 40,000 years old. I'm curious as to the event or events that could have flash frozen these animals at that time. The male was found with spring/summer grass in its stomach. This one was six months old and would have been very close to its mother at that period of its development.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
I'm curious as to the event or events that could have flash frozen these animals at that time.

please stop repeating the myth of ` flash freezing ` none of the mamoths found were " flash frozen "

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, interesting to see that this great animals were frozen at the spot during the last ice age.

This makes you wonder what will happen to humanity if this event comes in modern days.

We will be all preserve at the spot I imagine.

I am one of those that hope that the species could be brought to life again.

I will be waiting for that time when the scientific community be able to clone one successfully.

Sad that the black market on this great animals as with modern elephants is till very profitable.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
First of all many of these animals are found standing UP and that surely means they were QUICK FROZEN, as the Biblical story says they were. And secondly interesting pictures of a BABY ELEPHANT, in fact one of the people in the video say "it's just a baby elephant", which again lines up with GOD's WORD, and they sahll bring forth after their KIND. I would tender a guess that Elephants and Mammoths are the "SAME KIND".

Great find!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hopefully they can get some DNA from the mammoth. They could create the animal via the Indian Elephant right?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Since this mammoth clearly wasn't flash frozen one would have hoped it might have dispelled that daft myth .....

Looks like it died in a peat bog - which preserved the body (as has happened elsewhere even with human bodies ie Tollund man) - and which eventually froze into the permafrost.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
1977 mammoth named Dima was found with grass and leaves in it's mouth. Something took it out very quickly while it was eating. None of its legs were broken and when it was found it appeared to be struggling to rise but something froze it in place . Some fairly severe winter weather events have taken place in Siberia from 50-10k years ago. We know this from finding these carcasses frozen in permafrost. Nature will recycle most animals even in artic climates within a year of its death if it isn't somehow quickly buried by ice. Similar frozen carcasses have been found in Alaska but they were only 11-13k year old. My apologies for using flash-frozen as opposed to quick frozen.

Wig

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We can't even manage our existing elephants, what use would there be in creating a new type?

The other thing brought out by the story is 40,000 yr old ice has now melted to nothing - global warming

new topics

top topics

join