It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict says that other Christian denominations are not true churches

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Pope: Other denominations not true churches

LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy - Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says Orthodox churches were defective and that other Christian denominations were not true churches. Benedict approved a document from his old offices at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith that restates church teaching on relations with other Christians. It was the second time in a week the pope has corrected what he says are erroneous interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, the 1962-65 meetings that modernized the church.

Well looks like this is another backwards step for the church. So much for unity in this world. If people are to come together to bring peace on earth then why does the Vatican work to keep the human race separate from one another? Please share you thoughts on this.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There is a post already like this. Please research before posting.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here's the current discussion in the breaking news forum:

Pope Says, "Christian Churches not real Churches."
Generally the breaking news discussion is excluded when considering duplicates, but you might want to look through that thread to see if any of your questions are already answered.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
so... he's just saying what has been the official policy of the catholic church since the eastern church split from it....
and what's been the policy of almost every other single religion in history....

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
there's some increased chatter, mostly on other sites,
that this is indicitive that the Rat-Zinger/Benedict is getting advanced
Alzheimers (his refering to other churches as Fake or False churches)
(what was once euphamistically termed elderly forgetfullness,
aka: Dementia)

now, if one follows or puts weight on the 100+ Pope Prophecy of St Malachy...

then Benedict XVI being accepted or identified as the last Pope before the Final Pope known as:Peter The Roman-> (associated with the A.C., end time/beast)
And with BenedictXVI apparently Suffering Alzheimers'...
then we have a Issue on our hands !!!

We can infer or deduce that his days are 'numbered' and it might just be a year or two before a new
Pope must be elected to replace him ...from either incapacity or death !

Hey members.......hold on to your tin-foil hats, we're on the roller-coasters Plunge !!!

[edit on 11-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Care to show some links on the alzheimer part?

Ive googled but not come up with anything intresting....

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Having hung out on other boards for ages, I don't see how this is different than the Baptists proclaiming that the Catholics don't represent a true church and all the Catholics are going to hell along with a lot of the other Protestants (because we all know the Baptist religion is the only true religion)... ditto the Phelps crowd, ditto Jerry Falwell and his gang, ditto...

... the laundry list of Protestant churches and unaffiliated churches that declare themselves the Only True Religion is endless.

I don't see that the Church announcement changes anything. They're just doing what the Protestant clergy are doing.

(and that was the Catholic Church's original stance, anyway.)

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
"Pope Publicly Endorses Catholicism". There's a shocker. If he'd come out and said, "You know, I've mulled this over and it seems to me those Presbyterians got it goin' on." Now you've got a story.

About as likely as the head of GM endorsing Honda at a stockholder's meeting, no?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wonder what the "Prince of Peace" would have to say about this pronouncment by "Il Papa"????

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The Pope has been going against the bible lately. First off he goes against the very word of God (The bible) by saying there is only one true church... if we go by Christ which I try and do the Church is The people, we are the body, take down the walls and floors, and ceilings just people, we are the church, religion merely seperates us from being true Christ Followers. The bible says John 3:16 For God so loved the world he gave his ONLY begotten son, for whomever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. This is only through his son that ANYONE can get to heaven if they just take a step of faith and believe. Pope Benedict also said recently that Evolution and Creationism can work together one to explain how and the other to explain why... Please.. this is just a political move to make both Christians and Evo's happy. Any true Christian who believes in Gods word (The Bible) knows that God put the breath of life into Adam, we were not some amoeba crawling out of a pool evolving into different things through accidental mutations, no our blood didn't turn from cold blood to warm, the missing link has not been found. THE TWO CANNOT GO TOGETHER, creationism is totally different from evolution theory. The Pope should not be so quickly to Judge, for he will be the one being Judged before our Lord.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Nice post, Focus_Life.

You hit the nail on the head. The Church system is evil. Why?
The Love Of Money, is the root of all evil. I wonder how much
it costs to keep the Popes robes clean and white, while he is
surrounded by filth. This new Pope is an idiot, and all of his followers
are following him right into hell.

Ever looked at the layers of dirt, and how evolutionists claim they can tell the age of the earth by the layers?

If every layer was 100,000 yrs of dirt deposit, and we were 100,000,000 yrs old, you know how many layers there would have to be?

1000 layers.

So that river, that's been cutting through that dirt for millions of years, would have to get through 1000 layers. Now, if each layer was 10 ft thick, that would be 10,000 feet of dirt. I have yet to see a canyon 10,000 ft deep.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Heh thanks stompk, The truth will be revealed soon and all will see.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
its because the catholic church is (or is part of) the antichrist deception. (not anti=against but anti=in place of) who else can forgive our sins other than God- well the priests think they can. They dont see themselves as Gods representatives on earth but equal to God. And that is why the great decpetion, a wolf in sheeps clothing because while everyone looks for evil people like GWB and OBL it will be someone who comes in peace and deceives the world.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I agree with you to a point, however if we accept the idea of intelligent creation (which I do) who is to say that what has been created initially by a greater power, can then evolve? That is my personal belief and I think that evolution is true but only from intelligently designed life.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Focused_Life
The Pope has been going against the bible lately. First off he goes against the very word of God (The bible) by saying there is only one true church... if we go by Christ which I try and do the Church is The people, we are the body, take down the walls and floors, and ceilings just people, we are the church, religion merely seperates us from being true Christ Followers. The bible says John 3:16 For God so loved the world he gave his ONLY begotten son, for whomever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. This is only through his son that ANYONE can get to heaven if they just take a step of faith and believe. Pope Benedict also said recently that Evolution and Creationism can work together one to explain how and the other to explain why... Please.. this is just a political move to make both Christians and Evo's happy. Any true Christian who believes in Gods word (The Bible) knows that God put the breath of life into Adam, we were not some amoeba crawling out of a pool evolving into different things through accidental mutations, no our blood didn't turn from cold blood to warm, the missing link has not been found. THE TWO CANNOT GO TOGETHER, creationism is totally different from evolution theory. The Pope should not be so quickly to Judge, for he will be the one being Judged before our Lord.

I agree with you to a point, however if we accept the idea of intelligent creation (which I do) who is to say that what has been created initially by a greater power, can then evolve? That is my personal belief and I think that evolution is true but only from intelligently designed life.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's true, the Pope is only saying what the Church has taught since the time of the apostles, that outside the church there is no salvation. Meaning the Catholic Church.

Now if you're not a member of the Catholic Church, why are you so uptight about this?

I don't mind if Protestants or people of other faiths believe that theirs is the true faith. I know Born Again Christians think everyone except them is going to hell. But I am not offended by it. That is their belief.

The Cathoic Church is the only church that has apostolic succession, and a remarkable number of Anglicans that I've been talking to lately have come to that viewpoint themselves through prayer and discernment, and become Catholics.

We don't need the approval of people with no faith, or little faith, or those who simply like to abuse Catholicism and all it stands for. In the end, Jesus will judge us all.

And as for the genius on these postings who made a jab at Pope Benedict because he was in the Hitler Youth Movement, I can only say that your ignorance is glaring! All of you, had you been born in Germany at that time, at the age of 14 would very likely h ave been in the Hitler Youth Movement, and I'll bet some of you would have become SS oriented. This is the kind of hypocracy that Jesus hated. You weren't in Germany, you don't know what it was like!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well, yeah, there's that simple logic.... If you believe that the Catholic Church is the true religion, then by logic it would mean that all the other religions are wrong.

I believe my personal beliefs are correct and therefore everyone who disagrees with me is incorrect.

If someone religious says you are going to burn in Hell because you don't believe what he believes, then what does it matter? By your own personal beliefs you are not going to burn.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
TradCatholic, the church has no proof of apostolic succession and the doctrine of peterine privelege that is so regularly uses as a justification for the papacy was INSERTED into the bible

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And who pray tell INSERTED it into the Bible, the proof that the Catholic Church has direct succession from the apostles?

And what denomination are you, or I would guess you are an unbeliever, or one who has little knowledge about the Catholic Church.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
(Well, yeah, there's that simple logic.... If you believe that the Catholic Church is the true religion, then by logic it would mean that all the other religions are wrong.

I believe my personal beliefs are correct and therefore everyone who disagrees with me is incorrect.

If someone religious says you are going to burn in Hell because you don't believe what he believes, then what does it matter? By your own personal beliefs you are not going to burn.)

I AGREE WITH YOUR LOGIC

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join