It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man saw what the Warhawks didn't see back in '92

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This cat pulled your CARD hard. Hate to say I told you so...
What would happen if the warhawk pod people invaded Iraq

watch the video:

www.youtube.com...

Here are the lyrics

and in return you will get nothing but delusion and broken military including physically and mentally. Rakim called it back in 1992.

Casualties of War!

Casualties of war; as I approach the barricade
Where's the enemy? Who do I invade?
Bullets of Teflon, bulletproof vest rip
Tear ya outta ya frame with a bag full of clips
Cause I got a family that waits for my return
To get back home is my main concern
I'ma get back to New York in one piece
but I'm bent in the sand that is hot as the city streets
Sky lights up like fireworks blind me
Bullets, whistlin over my head remind me...
President Bush said attack
Flashback to Nam, I might not make it back
Missile hits the area, screams wake me up
from a war of dreams, heat up the M-16
Basic training, trained for torture
Take no prisoners, and I just caught ya
Addicted to murder, send more bodybags
They can't identify em, leave the nametags
I get a rush when I see blood, dead bodies on the floor
CASUALTIES OF WAR! (4X)

Day divides the night and night divides the day
It's all hard work and no play
More than combat, it's far beyond that
Cause I got a kill or be killed kind of attack
Area's mapped out, there'll be no, Stratego
Me and my platoon make a boom wherever we go
But what are we here for? Who's on the other side of the wall?
Somebody give the President a call
But I hear warfare scream through the air
Back to the battlegrounds, it's war they declare
A Desert Storm: let's see who reigns supreme
Something like Monopoly: a government scheme
Go to the Army, be all you can be
Another dead soldier? Hell no, not me
So I start letting off ammunition in every direction
Allah is my only protection

But wait a minute, Saddam Hussein prays the same
and this is Asia, from where I came
I'm on the wrong side, so change the target
Shooting at the general; and where's the sergeant?
Blame it on John Hardy Hawkins for bringing me to America
Now it's mass hysteria
I get a rush when I see blood, dead bodies on the floor
CASUALTIES OF WAR! (4X)

The war is over, for now at least
Just because they lost it don't mean it's peace
It's a long way home, it's a lot to think about
Whole generation, left in doubt
Innocent families killed in the midst
It'll be more dead people after this
So I'm glad to be alive and walkin
Half of my platoon came home in coffins
Except the general, buried in the Storm
in bits and pieces no need to look for em
I played it slick and got away with it
Rigged it up so they would think they did it
Now I'm home on reserves and you can bet
when THEY call, I'm going AWOL
Cause it ain't no way I'm going back to war
when I don't know who or what I'm fighting for
So I wait for terrorists to attack
Every time a truck backfires I fire back
I look for shelter when a plane is over me
Remember Pearl Harbor? New York could be over, G
Kamikaze, strapped with bombs
No peace in the East, they want revenge for Saddam
Did I hear gunshots, or thunder?
No time to wonder, somebody's going under
Put on my fatigues and my camoflouge
Take control, cause I'm in charge
When I snapped out of it, it was blood, dead bodies on the floor
CASUALTIES OF WAR! (4X)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wasn't this about the first Gulf War "Operation Desert Storm" ?

Pie

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A lot said in this.
I am reminded of a story told by my mother about my father coming home from WW2. He was out on a boat on a lake with his family. When a duck flew overhead, he automatically fell to the bottom of the boat. She said he was embarrassed, and no one quite knew what to say. It also bothered him that he had to shoot German children who pointed rifles at him. He sadly said one evening 20 years later, that he would rather shoot a son than have him serve in war.

America's Civil War veterans turned to alcohol.

Before that even was the Irish song, Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye.

I hope Americans finally now question and demand answers and not slogans of any leader who wants to send their sons and daughters to war. The current elective war has squandered enough lives already.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Wasn't this about the first Gulf War "Operation Desert Storm" ?

Pie

Yes and that's why it's relevant. Everything RAKIM said in his lyrics he played out a scenario of the game of Military Chess. Where no one is the hero and it's all madness. It's Sum zero game for all participants on the ground.

The family suffers
the military suffers

And how alot pro warhawks do not understand the consequences of their actions of putting more aggression on everything surrounding them. And how there is no win situation when you mess with a Cradle of civilization

It's eerie to watch this video and listen to what he's expressing. Because we are living in this right now what he addressed. Alot of people want to believe this myth that America is righteous in every action it takes. Everytime we have taken a physical action it's a immediate consequence that is visible with everyone in the world. That's not America to put your military in harms way for excessive war profiteering.

All that was missing in this song was Osama Bin Laden laughing at every single thing that he wanted from America.

-Exhausting the military

-Spending resource after resource

-Losing our freedoms and rights everyday from the constitution because of the P.R. of selling the fear factory.

There's more to American diplomacy than blowing up things and being messanic in nature. And the only thing we can say is, "Well it's better that Saddam is gone." We placed him in power and gave him the scepter. There's something seriously wrong with our psyche regarding any foreign entity.

To think that this was done in 92 and was effin single? it shows you how aware Rakim was over most in the game.

\

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
A lot said in this.
I am reminded of a story told by my mother about my father coming home from WW2. He was out on a boat on a lake with his family. When a duck flew overhead, he automatically fell to the bottom of the boat. She said he was embarrassed, and no one quite knew what to say. It also bothered him that he had to shoot German children who pointed rifles at him. He sadly said one evening 20 years later, that he would rather shoot a son than have him serve in war.

America's Civil War veterans turned to alcohol.

Before that even was the Irish song, Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye.

I hope Americans finally now question and demand answers and not slogans of any leader who wants to send their sons and daughters to war. The current elective war has squandered enough lives already.

Unless alot of our country is a rising nation of masked sociopaths,Desert. And I am beginning to think that when I have discussions with others and what i see on these message boards. My fellow countrymen do not realize this isn't 2003 anymore. You have a lawlessness administration trying to justify attacks in the middle east. Meanwhile Privatization is thefting this nation and it's people and "OUR" government. And what is the reaction?

7 times out of 10?

"Why do you hate america?"

There is no discussion it's just a jump to conclusions in a precise talking point. It's unreal that this crap still resonants with the american public.

I watched American Psycho recently again and it was a satire on the last years of the Reagan Era about a Ceo who becomes a serial psychopathic murdering monster. One of the interesting things about the film was how close his actions are to our president in his mannerisms and behaviour
This was done in 1999 and our president shares alot of these traits.

And now that I think of it these people who are banging the wardrums have characteristics of a sociopath disorder.

And I just wonder if people don't understand what it means when a soldier does 4 tours to make you "Feel" proud. What that does to their life and their immediate family and how their sacrifice is not being respected by not looking out for their best interest rather just for your self gratification of the american super power being exercised addictively i might add.

It really is on us now. This American Eagle Flag waving nationalism isolated theater is over. The time has passed and now it's time to pay the piper. Don't give me that Al-Queda will be on our doorsteps if we stop occupying Iraq. Because Al Q has spread like a virus all over the globe due to hatred and anger.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A WW2 Buff? Here’s A MUST READ! “The Path To Victory: The Mediterranean Theater in WWII” by Douglas Porch, 2004. Not overly long at 793 pages, it deals with the subject at the divisional level. It turns out the Mediterranean Theater is a microcosm of the greater “Crusade in Europe” that Ike wrote about in his required reading work. Author Porch deals with the African campaign, the never to end British-American rivalry and the constant interference in military operations by Churchill, Roosevelt and other politicians. Where before I was not sure if Overlord’s Eisenhower did not in fact walk on water, now I see he got his shoes wet. Real wet! And Hitler was not the lunatic he is so often portrayed on History Channel. It is essential to understand the Italian Campaign and why Great Britain was so much committed to the defeat of the smaller Afrika Korps. I recommend it.

[edit on 7/14/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Don, thanks for the book tip. Sounds good. I'm thinking that the North African theater helped the US to develop desert warfare; the WW2 Mojave Desert tank exercises predated 29Palms Marine base.
Do you know how I knew Viet Nam war was winding down and that the next theater of battle would be desert?--back in the early 70's, the camouflage colors of the Army going to train out in Fort Irwin began to shift from green to brown.

MRG, always consider the source and forgive people's ignorance. Here is a good but frightening
read Conservatives Without Conscience by John Dean . Another explanation of the right wing authoritarian model would be R. Altemeyer. Might try Wikipedia for the RWA model as a place to start.

I have found that people who ask why you hate America are themselves capable of so much hate. "Takes one to know one"
Or they are very fearful, very afraid, as if questioning will upset their worldview. They don't understand that you or I do not hate America, but rather see questioning as a way to make things better. We won't stand for the status quo if the status quo is not good for our country.

Haha I heard the "being on our doorstep" stuff in re to the Communists coming up through Central America, to justify the low intensity conflicts (for the US military at least, for the Nicaraguans it was anything but). I remember a friend's inlaws sitting around the dinner table worried that Communists were going to be at the Mexican-US border ready to invade. That same table served up discussions of why didn't the news talk about the good things Hitler did.

Oh, Don, speaking of H, perhaps we were led to believe H was a lunatic, because then we would not think it could happen to us. Fortunately, we can read about the "banality of evil" found in the book by Hannah Arendt, Eichmann in Jerusalem. This should teach us all to be on guard against this type of evil, anywhere and anytime.

Bush's War (I will start calling it that) has got his party stuck in the muck and mire, just like the La Brea tar pits pulled in the mastodons.

top topics

join