It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: No specific terror threat against US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

White House: No specific terror threat against US

toda y.reuters.com

White House officials said it was a regularly scheduled meeting and not attended by the most senior national security officials.

"There continues to be no credible, specific intelligence to suggest that there is an imminent threat to the homeland," White House spokesman Tony Fratto said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
In a world today where media and information are fast it is tough to pull apart what information is true.

The White House is now denying the report by ABC new stating there is no 'specific information'. What do they mean specific?

We have had many reports that terror chatter is up. Al Qaeda has increased its rhetoric. The botched terror attacks in London just happened.

Who is telling the truth? Or is the White House basically saying that they are ignorant and they don't have any clue on what the threats are against the country.

toda y.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Nothing like conflicting reports ...

Chertoff is saying the risk of terrorism is high or on the rise, based on their history of summertime attacks, yet the White House is saying there is no Specific information of an imminent event. How many sides of their mouth can they speak from at once?

It would seem kinda like the weather here in these dog days of summer.

Hazy, hot, and humid with a chance of afternoon terror attacks ... or thunderstorms.
:cointoss:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, if you say it both ways, then you're never wrong.

But my bet is on stupid. They were caught asleep on the job, at the very least, with 9/11 and I haven't seen any improvement.

Now there may well be a faction within government that is active in even promoting access for terrorist, but for the most part, I think this nation is run by a bunch of lame assed people that are too lazy and too clueless to be worth the time of day.

And it's because they are so ill suited for there jobs that a conspiracy within some branch of government has a chance of being a fact.

Most of our elected officials are only good at skimming money and covering their butts when things get screwed up.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
NGC, you are right. We have seem very little improvement in our security since 9/11. I think bureaucracy has just gotten so far out of hand that our hand are still tied.

With the "nothing to see here, move along now" line from the White House and Chertoff (as 12m8keall2c said) talking about his gut, we have a lot to think about.

I think what they are really saying is. We know something is out there. But we have no idea on what it is and we are not going to tell you anything about it until we do.

Now hopefully they find out what this threat is before it happens. Its no fun to be dumb and blind. .....or dead

new topics

top topics

join