It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We were all created equally?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
John 3:16

bleh, so cliche

If someone is born with a debilitating condition it could be in a wide range of severity.

true, but what of the millions that have ones that completely debilitate them?

First off, we live in a world that has rejected God and is subjected to sin and what it does.

enter the disgusting cop-out. suffering isn't because of a rejection of god, listen to your own messiah for once. jesus cured the blind in the face of such thought, it was an argument against your form of thought. according to jesus being blind or having some other handicap wasn't because you, your parents, or ANYONE AT ALL had sinned, it was just how you were born.

Also some people's conditions give them an insight into things that others who aren't handicapped don't know.

unless it's a mental handicap......

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think the bible does say where were all created =. Just because one is smarter or better around people, Or better at studing, does'nt make self worth. Self worth somes from inside. Not one being better than the other. One who thinks he is better than everyone else if you ask me is a weak mind. I think they have to be better to feel good about them selves.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I think the bible does say where were all created =. Just because one is smarter or better around people, Or better at studing, does'nt make self worth.

um... self worth has nothing to do with it. many people have inflated self worth... i used to be one of them. i'm just saying, maybe people like einstein and michaelangelo are a tiny bit better.

Self worth somes from inside. Not one being better than the other. One who thinks he is better than everyone else if you ask me is a weak mind. I think they have to be better to feel good about them selves.

um, one who thinks that they're equal to everyone else would have quite the weak mind. i know i am far from equal to someone like einstein, he probably could have thought circles around me. people who are better, and know so, than certain people should still be humble about it.. but refusing to acknowledge that is a tiny bit weak.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
All I am saying is self worth is not based on how smart you are. Just because someone can thought circles around you, does'nt mean they're better. There are smart people out there that are pricks to say the least. And I dont think they're better than anyone.

All are equal all are the same. Everyone has better skills in different areas than others.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

All I am saying is self worth is not based on how smart you are. Just because someone can thought circles around you, does'nt mean they're better. There are smart people out there that are pricks to say the least. And I dont think they're better than anyone.

but they are better than you in a way. they can more easily contribute to the world

All are equal all are the same. Everyone has better skills in different areas than others.

no, we aren't all balanced out like that. there are people that are stronger, faster, smarter, kinder, better looking, and more charasimatic than me all at once...

people don't balance out so that we're all equal, we may all have a strong point... but it doesn't balance out.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

but they are better than you in a way. they can more easily contribute to the world

Anyone can contribute to the world. People with millions can save millions of lives. But that does'nt make them better than the next person. They can help all they want, give, help, write a book, but on the inside they are nastey. Self worth is not based on what you can do, how smart you are. Or how cute you can be.

no, we aren't all balanced out like that. there are people that are stronger, faster, smarter, kinder, better looking, and more charasimatic than me all at once...

bla bla bla bla bla. Self worth based on better looking, or because you can lift a few more pounds. Does this sound weird to anyone??

people don't balance out so that we're all equal, we may all have a strong point... but it doesn't balance out.

What is your point. that in areas some people can do better? That does mean they are more important than the other. You think 2-pac was better than you or me?? end the end he was just a man, livin his life.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Anyone can contribute to the world. People with millions can save millions of lives. But that does'nt make them better than the next person. They can help all they want, give, help, write a book, but on the inside they are nastey. Self worth is not based on what you can do, how smart you are. Or how cute you can be.

we're not talking about self worth, we're talking about ACTUAL worth.

bla bla bla bla bla. Self worth based on better looking, or because you can lift a few more pounds. Does this sound weird to anyone??

um... i was going down all the possible categories... and once more, not SELF WORTH, ACTUAL WORTH.

What is your point. that in areas some people can do better? That does mean they are more important than the other. You think 2-pac was better than you or me?? end the end he was just a man, livin his life.

i don't know if tupac was better than me.. i never knew the guy, but from his lyrics and his poetry i know he was probably a better writer than me.

some people are simply better, we must acknowledge that.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

we're not talking about self worth, we're talking about ACTUAL worth.

You didnt say anything about actual worth till now. Even at that difining actual worth is hard to say. Just because you are better at memorizeing or got a better body, would make you better than the small and stupid.

i don't know if tupac was better than me.. i never knew the guy, but from his lyrics and his poetry i know he was probably a better writer than me.

Thats my point just because he was a better writer does'nt mean he a better or worth more.

some people are simply better, we must acknowledge that.

Some people are better at doing thing than others. Yes but that does not mean they worth more.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join