It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ATS members on the Square????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
First I would like to say that I am a Mason....I have been a Mason for about 7 years..I read a lot of threads bashing Masonry and so forth. As it stands today, Masonry is a dieing fraternity. Membership among 4 letter Masons(White) has dwindeled but membership in PHA(Prince Hall Masons) that I am a member is on the rise. I am a 32nd degree Mason(Prince) and also a Shriner(Noble). I can almost assure you guys that as of now they have not let me in on any NWO/taking the world over plan.
Ill let you guys know ASAP! LOL... Im sure there are other "brothers" that are members of ATS. I welcome any questions you guys might have. I will answer them to the best of my ability.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have a question, and it's not meant to stir up trouble, I'm asking because I'm really curious.

I don't know much about Masonry, but aren't the rituals and stuff supposed to be secret? Is it allowed for Masons to answer questions in public like this?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I cant answer "all" questions...actually most of our rituals you can find on the internet. I will answer questions to the best of my ability without violating any of my obligations..

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hail Brother

I am JMC at my lodge.Had to turn down secretary, due to working around 60 hours a week, and planning to return to college :-P I have read that Masonry is not so much dying as it is returning to normal, the amount of men that joined prior to WWII was disproportionately large.I don't feel threatened that Masonry will reach a demise at any time soon, there will always be seekers of wisdom and knowledge.On a side note I feel that it is a travesty that F&AM and PHM do not just merge already.Having separate bodies based upon ethnicity is a throwback with one of this countries largest societal injustices.

At any rate I wouldn't be too concerned about a decline in Freemasonry, I live in a relatively small rural town and in the past year we have had roughly 8 new candidates in a lodge of just slightly over 200 (though that is in no way indicative of how many are actually active), I feel what is important is to get the new members involved.At any rate smaller numbers may in turn bring about a Renaissance of Speculative Freemasonry, which would be more than welcome in my book, as interest in philosophy and achieving a deeper knowledge of the world around me is why I joined in the first place.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
On a side note I feel that it is a travesty that F&AM and PHM do not just merge already.Having separate bodies based upon ethnicity is a throwback with one of this countries largest societal injustices.

Well said Bro... The funny thing is that I am a white Prince Hall Mason. Freeborn, lawful age ect... I am in the Army and it is predomantly PHA in the military. I have served as SD and SW. I currently am taking a break..I work probably 60-70 hour weeks myself right now (Id rather be deployed! LOL)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Interesting about degrees from The Unhived Mind Interview

Most Freemasons haven't got a clue whats going on and the same for the Jesuits. Its not until you hit 4th Vow in the Jesuits or 30th degree in Masonry before you start to learn whats really going on. You see, the Sun enters the heavenly abode at 30 degrees and exits at 33 degrees. This is why you learn the truth from 30th degree and never rise above 33 because how can you be granted power to rise above the Sun of which you're supposed to worship!

So you worship yellow dwarf star? Don't you see stars at night? Also, if it's some kind of a spiritual sun, why degrees then? Ranking spirituality?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Interesting about degrees from The Unhived Mind Interview

Most Freemasons haven't got a clue whats going on and the same for the Jesuits. Its not until you hit 4th Vow in the Jesuits or 30th degree in Masonry before you start to learn whats really going on. You see, the Sun enters the heavenly abode at 30 degrees and exits at 33 degrees. This is why you learn the truth from 30th degree and never rise above 33 because how can you be granted power to rise above the Sun of which you're supposed to worship!

So you worship yellow dwarf star? Don't you see stars at night? Also, if it's some kind of a spiritual sun, why degrees then? Ranking spirituality?

WOW...I dont worship a yellow dwarf star..lol..Not anywhere that I have been taught or told that we worship the sun or a yellow dwarf star. The 30-32 degrees are "important" degrees..but I am unsure to what the source of that statement is going with it? It is true that Masonry only has 33 degrees and most Masons (99%) do not make it too 33rd degree(a lot of time and money).

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
30° - Grand Elect Knight Kadosh - This degree sets forth the tests and ceremonies that symbolize the experiences we must undergo in the building of excellence in character.

31° - Grand Inspector Inqusitor Commander - This degree teaches that we should give every man the benefit of innocence and purity of intentions. He who would judge others must first judge himself.

32° - Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret - This degree describes the victory of the spiritual over the human in man and the conquest of appetites and passions by moral sense and reason. The exemplar represents every Freemason, eager to serve humanity but caught between self-interest and the call of duty. Duty often requires sacrifice, and sometimes the supreme sacrifice.

I dont see where it says that we worship a yellow dwarf star...???

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Q: Could you tell us the truth, in your eyes, about of vaccines

Vaccines are a complete Fraud and have been since Edward Jenner introduced them to the world. Funny enough what was Edward Jenner? A Jesuit! Jenner invented SmallPox of the Cow which didn't exist. Thanks to Dr Charles Creighton, Jenner was exposed as the devious fraud he was. Vaccines are just another way for the Jesuits to Cup of Borgia people by the masses. Vaccines are the inquisition again! Jesuit Francis Xavier was a big part in the creation of Vaccines after being sent to Japan and India to find out more the poisons from local medicine men.

This is from the same guy..He sounds a little wacko to me.... Jenner a fraud??? LOL..He is the godfather of microbiology...lol..A hero in some circles

[edit on 11-7-2007 by clevengercm]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ah, don't worry about that article, it's like a collage of information all mixed into one interview. He is right about liver cleanse, removing stones and similar, but he is wrong about vaccines. Still, some vaccines are unneeded and harmful.

I see, 32nd degree sounds pretty cool, it's what i realized multiple times for myself, but i am not a Freemason. I have many ideas how to help people, still something is holding me back, not sure what is it.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"Masonry only has 33 degrees and most Masons (99%) do not make it too 33rd degree(a lot of time and money)."

Well clevengercm the lot of time and money sounds about right, as with any beliefs they all seem to want your time and money, now as I'm a believer only in humankind, which for me only needs good manners and respect to be given to a fellow human.

I can understand the time concept (as having to attend meetings, slay the odd lamb here and there, just joking on the lamb bit........not the slaying though).

Where does your money go?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hey all.
Just as an FYI the 33 degree is an Honorary Degree conferred upon Masons who have attained the 32 degree, and is in recognition of service to Freemasonry and service in general. It only takes money because you need to pay dues in Scottish Rite as well as maintain your membership in the Blue lodge so dues are the main cash drain, but its not that bad. As far as time goes, it may take some time as you have to earn the respect and support of the brethren who vote to confer the Honor of the 33rd on you.

My 2 cents worth
Dredz

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the info dredz, I'm gonna go and read up on the Scottish Rite to find out more rather than ask any more what might be subscribed as inane questions.

Still need to know about the slaying though lol

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dredz
Hey all.
Just as an FYI the 33 degree is an Honorary Degree conferred upon Masons who have attained the 32 degree, and is in recognition of service to Freemasonry and service in general. It only takes money because you need to pay dues in Scottish Rite as well as maintain your membership in the Blue lodge so dues are the main cash drain, but its not that bad. As far as time goes, it may take some time as you have to earn the respect and support of the brethren who vote to confer the Honor of the 33rd on you.

My 2 cents worth
Dredz

you are accurate to a point. The 33rd degree is a "honorary" degree. There are two types of 33rd degree Masons though. There are "active" 33rd degree Masons and honorary. The reason why I say it takes a lot of money to become a 33rd degree Mason is that of course you have to pay your "Blue" House dues(1st-3rd degree) on top of your Scottish Rite(Consistory) dues, but then you have to petition the supreme council which cost money. You and your "class" fellow canidates that are to recieve the 33rd degree have to put together a charitable donation. Its a lot of stuff to get your 33rd. I will probably never see it. Maybe when Im retired and have nothing else to do.LOL.. All of Masonry is a non-profit charitable organization. Shriners hospitals just to mention one of the charitable organizations that the money goes too. Google it and you will see thousand of charitable acts by lodges and Masonry as a whole.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hey there clevengercm..

Prince Hall Masonry huh? There are a lot of you guys in my area.. I don't know much about them though, is it true you call your WM "cat in the hat"??

Anyways, there are several Masons on the board here, most of which have not yet posted here.

Here at ATS Lines such as this:

Are actually some of the tamer ones.
Maybe in Prince Hall you worship little Yellow Dwarf Stars.. in F&AM we worship Red Giants.

Ahh.. ATS is a fun place.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
clevengercm I dare say that the Masons are charitable but I reckon so are a fair few crime syndicates, helps paint a better picture.

Sorry for my apparent cynicism, but it is just a cover for my wanting to learn from other people in other walks of life, what makes you tick and also what makes you believe / led you to becoming a Mason.

Regards
Wolfie

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wolfie -

Show me a group that does not have criminals and exploiters within its ranks.

There are bad men within Masonry. Does that makes Masonry bad? There are plenty of bad Christians, Jews, boy scouts, what ever you know.. any group imaginable honestly. Maybe even your own family.. does that make you all bad people?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Rockpuck

I never said anyone was bad directly, as you say there are bad people (depending on definition of course) all around us, I have to agree to that.

Whilst my questions are seemingly sarcastic and full off cynicism, sorry I am a cheeky beggar, the questions are genuine, if I don't know I ask, therefore I learn, you see.

Wolfie

P.S. My family will be round to see you shortly

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Hey there clevengercm..

Prince Hall Masonry huh? There are a lot of you guys in my area.. I don't know much about them though, is it true you call your WM "cat in the hat"??

Anyways, there are several Masons on the board here, most of which have not yet posted here.

Here at ATS Lines such as this:

Are actually some of the tamer ones.
Maybe in Prince Hall you worship little Yellow Dwarf Stars.. in F&AM we worship Red Giants.

Ahh.. ATS is a fun place.

lol..Cat in the hat...Havent heard that one yet! lol..funy..PHA as you probably know is almost the same if not the exact same as 3,4 letter Masons..Every juristriction has its own laws and by-laws...(different rits..IE Lesters, Duncans)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, let's face it. I was kidding about dwarf star but reality is, most of the religions and cults are based around sun worship and sun is a yellow dwarf star, among trillions of others. Good luck explaining this to the primitive societies. Not only they worship, they even sacrificed people for some stupid sun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join