It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny tablet provides proof for Old Testament

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I wonder what he would say now that quantum physics even questions whether any of that stuff is actually real in the sense we think it is.

Considering we are made up of mostly space and such, he probably would freek. Thing is, his kids go to Church and he wants them to. He just will not admit it.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am in no way trying to say that everything in the Bible should be interpreted literally nor am I trying to say that one must or should believe the miracles and supernatural occurances in the Bible actually occurred. On the other hand, we should be suprised when archaeology proves people, places, or events mentioned in the Bible are completely fictitious rather than being surprised when archaeology proves people, places, or events as they occured in the bible are firmly rooted in historical fact.

While accounts of people, places, or events as they occurred in the bible get distorted due to factors like biases of the story tellers and inaccurate transmission of oral traditions through the generations, the basic kernels of truth behind the stories remains and can be deciphered. Many of these basic kernels of truth that often remain are the names of people, the events they participated in, and the places these people were from or performed their memorable events.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Such as the antediluvian world as a great example...

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Such as the antediluvian world as a great example...

um, i'm pretty sure that was one part of the bible that was intended to be taken in the same way you'd expect someone to understand the story of the boy who cried wolf... especially since it's plagerised from the epic of gilgamesh to an extent.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul especially since it's plagerised from the epic of gilgamesh to an extent.

See that is where you and I disagree.

Two authors write a story about the Battle of the Bulge and have similar information, whom plagiarized whom?

You see I think that although they had a common origin, they were to different sides of the same story. remember Even Gilgamesh was written after the Flood.

Sure now your going to say the Jews picked it up whilst in captivity in Babylon, but that isn't the case.

Nimrod as an example, sometimes even the names match..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join