It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars 160 x 400 now working! :up:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Thank you SkepticOverlord, for fixing the problem with Avatars that are 400 pixels tall and less than 50 kb.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
nice time to increase my avatar size to 160x400

just so its not a one line reply i have encluded this reply
so now its not a one line reply

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
UPDATE

It doesn't appear to work from BTS.

I changed my signature while on BTS, and the avatar (160x400) url was automatically removed.

But I replaced it while I was on ATS and all was well.

[edit on 7/15/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just remember, it's not the size of your avatar that counts, it's how you use it.

More is always better, and Ive never seen another board with so much space and options for customizing. ATS members seem to be getting Cadillac service compared to others.

I have one small rant:

I appreciate the members that don't change their avatar on a weekly basis.
I get used to identifying them by the image, and I think everyone recognizes me as soon as my avatar scrolls onto their screen.
If you just played around with your sig. line and left the avatar alone I'd be much happier. And one other thing, try to make your user name visible against your background colour. If you've changed your avatar, and I can't see your name, then I have to click to find out who you are.

But hell, some of you a very creative, and I even save some of the more interesting ones.
*Rant over........*

Can anyone make my avatar the new dimensions without going over the 50k, and without altering it too much ???

Or maybe I'll send it back to the manufacturer for a tune-up, chissler made it, so I'm sure it's still under warranty.

I'll go back and check the fine print on the original contract.

Edit:bbcode

[edit on 16/7/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I appreciate the members that don't change their avatar on a weekly basis.

That wouldn't be me. I change mine daily.

Oh wait, I've had this one about a week. I might just keep it for a while, at least until another new ATS-centric logo pops up, then I will probably just modify this one. (maybe - then again, I might change my mind 5 minutes from now)

Or maybe I'll send it back to the manufacturer for a tune-up, chissler made it, so I'm sure it's still under warranty.

Good idea to do that, first.
If chissler is otherwise busy, then you can farm out the work to a third party vendor. Besides, he just might have the original source image to work with, which is always a good thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hey Mechanic32, what do you use to create your avatar(s)? I find it pretty darn creative and i have to commend you on them. VERY COOL i must say.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Mechanic 32 created my avatar and i am still grateful for it.I find that Mechanic 32 is a genius when it comes to creating avatars.If i had his ability i would change my avatar daily also.Thanks again Mechanic 32 keep up the excellent work.
BTW, I entered the banner contest ,so Mechanic take it easy on us.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
Hey Mechanic32, what do you use to create your avatar(s)?

While that is a little off topic here, I will answer.

I mostly use photoshop CS2 for the avatars I make. I also use ImageReady for the animations, as well as a handdful of other programs in my graphics "toolbox".

The GIMP, is a free alternative to the very pricey Photoshop. It is a very good program although it does take a lot of getting used to. (it did for me at least)

Also, Paint.Net is another good free program. It is quite limited in functionality(compared to photoshop), however it is still way better than MS Paint.exe.

Thanks for the props, shearder and crowpuitt.

[edit on 7/17/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

I have plenty of pictures that are short enough, but the ones I really want to use are too wide.

Any ideas on shrinking the size of pictures? I have a macintosh if that helps.

Thank you.

top topics

join