It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASBO For Playing Kerbie(playing football outside house)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

PROOF THAT THE WORLD'S GONE MAD

TWO brothers aged five and nine have been threatened with an ASBO for playing kerbie.
Patrick and Lewis Cairney, right, were kicking a ball outside their home when a neighbour called the police.

And cops told mum Lara that the youngsters could now be hit with antisocial behaviour orders.

Last night, furious Lara, 35, told the Record: "I'm truly astonished - I can't believe this has happened. I've always taught my sons to respect the police and to go to them if they are in trouble.

"Now I have a five-year-old who is terrified to go over the door because he thinks the police are coming to take him away."

ASBO FOR PLAYING KERBIE

Nice world we are living today, i am just amazed this made the national scottish newspaper. All kids have played kerbie or something like it, with a football outside there house.

People for me should not be living on top of each other, if they want to report people just for playing footie.

Do you guys think it was fair to report these kids for this, and for the neighbours to put them on this list. I do not know what happens when you go on a list like this. Its an easy way for people to get back at people they do not like.

And it adds another point, should people who make deliberate false claims be put on lists themselves.

[edit on 7/11/2007 by andy1033]

[edit: all caps title]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hold on fella,

The kids have NOT been given an ASBO the police have simply referred the neighbours who complained to the unit in the local council who would pursue that action if necessary, and even then the case has to go to a tribunal. This is not something the neighbours can do of their own accord it is a process of law.

When you read the article it is clear that there has been some kind of a problem for over a year and that there are a considerable number of neighbours involved. Moreover, the police made it clear that playing football in the street is not an offence but causing a public nuisance by doing so through, for example, damaging property is an offence and could result in an ASBO.

I can remember neighbours calling the police to complain about me and others playing in our street as a kid - we got a telling off from the coppers and our parents.

It's just another newspaper trying to up the circulation and probably a parent with no consideration for her neighbours.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
i know, i just printed the headline from the paper. Just shows you the neighbours that people have, and the society we live in. Tell that to the kids that do not want to go out and play anymore.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Unfortunately I suspect it says rather more about the newspapers we have and some parents.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
All kids have played kerbie or something like it, with a football outside there house.

I'm guessing that kerbie is playing football in the street. Would that be what we call soccer on this side of the pond?

Here's the crux of the biscuit:

Neighbours recently got a letter from Superintendent Robert Hamilton warning: "Incidents of street football in themselves do not constitute an offence.

"But where this activity is causing damage to property, vehicles and gardens and, for example, repeated banging of a ball against a wall to the annoyance of residents, then a breach of the peace may be committed."

www.dailyr ecord.co.uk

[edit on 2007/7/11 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join