It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecting the dots?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What is this new bill that was passed?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
DELETED and update in next post

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
THe new bill is called HSPD 20

Here is the run down

This allows the president to take over the government , the state, local, tribunal levels FOR AN UNSPECIFIED AMOUNT OF TIME. thats exactly what it says. So basically, and again you can go to the governments website and see this, in case of an emergency, if the president decides to declare one on his own at any important time, bam! he controls everything for an unspecified amount of time. and here is the other wonderful thing about this new law...it can't be overturned in 30 days by the senate! why you may ask? because it is apart of homeland security legislation which makes it exempt. i know that sounds crazy but its true. Now here's the thing, i voted for Mr. Bush back in the day and so its not like i would be looking around for reasons to say he's a douche bag, but this just creeps me out to the core. and im pissed at the guy for more reasons than just this one. Hopefully nothing bad happens. What scares me the most is that most people cant understand what the freaking bill means so they just nod their heads and move along. thank God for political science education and watching the news. Here is the other scary thing about this...we already have a law in place: THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY AND SECURITIES ACT. this would allow the president to take control for a SPECIFIED period of time and before it can be inacted it has to be presented before congress. This law that Bush just passed under the homeland security legislation gives him the authority to enact it whenever he wants WITHOUT taking it before congress. there is no congressional review. This HSPD 20 directive was signed on may 9th. There was no presidental statement released with this law, and several news organizations like ABC and FOX called the Whitehouse press department and the homeland security department and all have refused to comment. hmmm it seems that this presidental executive order isnt important enough for him to address the freaking people of the united states about. Now i know that abraham lincoln enacted something similar during the civil war, however not only has that been a controversial move by lincoln argued about among historians for years, but this directive gives Mr. Bush even more power than what lincoln created during the civil war for himself, and that my friends is not only ridiculous but creepy. So tell me why did Bush feel the need to create such an executive order when congress already has an emergency act set in place?

Here is the copy of the billHSPD 20

Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Personally, I believe Bush can and do whatever the hell he wants regardless of how unpopular it is. There are still enough people who are brainwashed that would do what he says, even if that was jumping off of a bridge. There are enough nut jobs out there that will take up arms in his defence. Lets say for instance Bush does become Dictator. People like me will have a few options presented to us. Lets see now, one, FEMA camp, two, they, the government puts a bullet in the back of my head for refusing the assignment, three, I take up arms and fight back, or four, some nut job shoots me out of the blue for speaking my mind against Bush.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Too true chris.

ok this is not a threat let me just say that right off the bat....

OK SO, if a united states president that was in power staged something ...or ignored information,,,whatever, and an attack happened on the US again, and he seized power using this bill...dont you think it would be pretty hard for him not to have like a gazillion assassination attempts? and why would he seize control? i know i know, power obvious answer. but what i mean is, what does he want to do with this country? we are already so powerful, too many other countries could kick our asses if he did anything to them, especially so because i doubt we would have anymore allies.

The whole plan...if there is one seems to have huge flaws, now i know the president isnt know for being the sharpest tool in the tool box but seriously other than for some sadistic reasons of just wanting to push people around, it seems if he did such a thing things would be worse for him than they are now.

Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Digital Girl -

Thanks for posting the info on the bill. I have read the directive before and I was wondering if you knew a few things:

1- Doesnt Congress have to authorize a directive of that magnitude ie. something that would ultimately grant absolute power under an attack?

2 - What kind of power does a directive ultimately have?

It is troubling to say the least. What is most troubling is that our media seems to be completely off of the topic.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Didn't Bush do that as an Executive Order? If so, Congress is bypassed alltogehter. As for assasination attempts, I'm suprised someone hasn't allready tried to shoot him. With that being said, if he where to become dictator, I don't see why people would try then, they aren't now and most of our freedoms keep eroding everyday. Things probably would be worse for him, but it doesn't look like he cares. I watched him on ESPN, the one place I wouldn't ever expect to see him, some kind of interview he did with one of the guys from Baseball Tonight, which Bush watches everynight, and Bush said "he had a lot of things on his mind". Now, I was recently reading Mr. X's post on 7/17 and it made me think, hmm.....maybe something really will happen. Everything is in place for a takeover; the only thing that hasn't allowed for it is a reason.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Even Rumsfeld (The Grand Old Architect of War) is still around and in the thick of it.

What exactly is his role nowadays ?

On Jan. 4, Mr. Rumsfeld opened a government-provided transition office in Arlington and has seven Pentagon-paid staffers working for him, a Pentagon official said.

www.estripes.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intheshadwos
Even Rumsfeld (The Grand Old Architect of War) is still around and in the thick of it.

What exactly is his role nowadays ?

On Jan. 4, Mr. Rumsfeld opened a government-provided transition office in Arlington and has seven Pentagon-paid staffers working for him, a Pentagon official said.

www.estripes.com...

Yeah - and he is currently shopping for publishers for a book he is writing about going to war in Iraq! Talk about cahones!

Haven't these guys made enough money over this war already? Haliburton, oil, hedge funds etc...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that there will be a complete Dictatorship in the USA before the next 553 days are up (Bush's time left in office)

He relishes the idea of being a Dictator...................

According to George W. Bush

* "You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier."—Texas Governor, George W. Bush
Governing Magazine, July 1998.
www.governing.com...

* "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."—President-elect George W. Bush
CNN.com, December 18, 2000.
transcripts.cnn.com...

* "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it."—President George W. Bush
Business Week, July 30, 2001.
www.businessweek.com...

* "To say 'unchecked power' basically is ascribing some kind of dictatorial position to the President, which I strongly reject."—President George W. Bush
White House Press Release, December 19, 2005.
www.whitehouse.gov...

Don't forget its Hurricane season and anything can happen!!

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It seems as if Bush is dropping hints to us all, and we are not, well most people, are not picking up on them. Honestly listening to him on ESPN kinda scared me. He said he "had a lot on his mind". Now, since I'm from Texas and have seen the man for a while, what could be on his mind? He's either really that dumb, or really just pretending. My gut says he's pretending, he can't possibly be that dumb. I think alcohol and drugs, which I'm sure he still does both, have played a role in his appearance. He does have the pieces in place to be a dictator, and as far back as '98 he was saying this. I prefer to just let things come, but in this case, something might have to be done.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Chris - Please remember that breathing in and out puts "a lot on the president's mind". I am shocked he can even tie his shoes.

Personally I think his dog is running the whole operation. Looks like a hell hound, right?

Something is up though.

Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
He can't be that "dumb" with out legally being retarded, can he? I figure that if you make a C at Yale, thats like making an A at like my school, UT Arlington. His wife spoke there recently for the graduation thing or something. I think something will happen though, it seems imminent. I think what we have been talking about here has culminated here: www.abovetopsecret.com... If that article is true, we're all in trouble.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I will tell you though, if my dad was the President of the US and graduated from my college (after getting me in there in the first place) I would hope that money could buy me AT LEAST a C average. if anything, the C average really tells you what a loser he is!

Imagine if he had no connections! He would be working at Taco Bell. (Not that there is anything wrong with that! I Love the Challupas)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join