It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says no Iraq shift; criticism rises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Bush says no Iraq shift; criticism rises

news.yahoo.com

President Bush threatened to veto legislation setting a date for a troop withdrawal from Iraq on Tuesday despite growing bipartisan calls in Congress for an end to U.S. participation in the war and sharp criticism of the Iraqi government.
As the Senate opened a new debate on the conflict, one of the president's staunchest supporters bluntly said the administration had pursued the wrong policy for years after toppling Saddam Hussein. "The strategy we had before was not the right strategy," said Christopher Bond, R-Mo. "We should have had a counterinsurgency strategy."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I hope that Congress remembers that, if Bush vetos, they can still override it by voting it through again. Politics being the way it is however, legislation stands very little chance of passing through Congress a second time unless the People stand up & talk to their Congressional reps.

Our boys aren't out of the woods yet & the political machine is too large to handle things efficiently.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

I hope that Congress remembers that, if Bush vetos, they can still override it by voting it through again.

Yeah, with a 2/3 supermajority.

The numbers are changing, but I don't think they've got that yet.

[edit on 7/11/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Well it is kind of sad that no political progress is being made in Iraq even if the troops surge is having some positive effects.
I do wonder why an snap election isnt called in Iraq ?
A change in the people in office and make up of the Iraqi government could lead to legislation being passed and political progress made.
Is there an leader or group of leaders who are capable of taking steps foward in political progress ?
Would people just elected the same ineffective leaders if they voted again in the near future ?

Ultimately the leaders of Iraq will always be hampered by the security situation.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Bush promised all that oil revenue to the big oil players, he's not going to pull out and suffer their wrath. The troops are needed there to protect the investment, otherwise the the Iraqis may start selling oil to others and reaping the profits themselves, and that just won't do

The current Iraqi leadership was put in place by Bush and now, because things are not going quite as planned, it's all their fault.
The separate Sunni, Shia and Kurd state idea has been around for a long time now but even that is causing problems with Turkey now effectively telling Ms Rice to butt out and leave them to deal with the Kurds. Yet another unforseen consequence of this complete mess.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think, we'll get the 2/3rds vote we desire.
Congress set stated objectives, and we havent even COME CLOSE!
Congress are seeing Bush's approval raiting slither to the rate it should of always been, below 30%
And congress would not enjoy suicide, if they allowed Bush to continue this ILLEGIAL WAR, no matter how much he owes the zionist pigs, and oil elites.

And when congress do come up with the 2/3rds, that is when it'll happen, anarchy.

Bush will outright REFUSE to accept the congress's2/3rds count, and once it smells, looks, walks, talks and exhibits like a dictatorship... by golly gosh it aint no 'democratically elected government'

in the next few days, the july interim report on Iraq is to be released, we will see how congress intends to play ball shortly...
Septembers looking to be a allmighty month..

Sunni threatend Iran with september action
Syria and israel have stated possible september action
And large amounts of 'calssified/fake' intel is emerging about alqaeda activity this summer ..

I cant wait... the world will be vindicated in announcing GW , Cheney and Israel as the greatest threat to world peace since Hitler.

Let the games begin.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think, we'll get the 2/3rds vote we desire.
Congress set stated objectives, and we havent even COME CLOSE!
Congress are seeing Bush's approval raiting slither to the rate it should of always been, below 30%
And congress would not enjoy suicide, if they allowed Bush to continue this ILLEGIAL WAR, no matter how much he owes the zionist pigs, and oil elites.

And when congress do come up with the 2/3rds, that is when it'll happen, anarchy.

Bush will outright REFUSE to accept the congress's2/3rds count, and once it smells, looks, walks, talks and exhibits like a dictatorship... by golly gosh it aint no 'democratically elected government'

in the next few days, the july interim report on Iraq is to be released, we will see how congress intends to play ball shortly...
Septembers looking to be a allmighty month..

Sunni threatend Iran with september action
Syria and israel have stated possible september action
And large amounts of 'calssified/fake' intel is emerging about alqaeda activity this summer ..

I cant wait... the world will be vindicated in announcing GW , Cheney and Israel as the greatest threat to world peace since Hitler.

If Bush does back down, and accepts congress's actions.. then you will see every piece of classified intel on Iraq, 911 and wmd's come to light.

Let the games begin.

new topics

top topics

join