It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lust of the flesh.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I think the things you mention should definitely be put in a different category than just sex. Just saying "sex" makes it over-simplified. Those type of things are sick, I'm not arguing with you there, but regular sex between 2 consenting adults is normal, natural, and beautiful.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think god wants us to have sex. It was seen as a bad thing throughout history because it almost always led to unwanted babies. And today it's about STDs, but those were created by the government.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Lust is not natural you goof ball. Attraction to women is.

So if your right all perverts are natural?

All men who tape kids at water parks are natural?

what about the slimballs who look up womens skirts when women dont know it, what is that called?

what about slimeball spies who spie on people through wondows?

Lust is not natural, and it can get so bad it causes those perverts that Im talking about.

Lust is quite natural. However for some people, these "perverts" of which you speak, lustful thoughts and actions cross over into what is referred to as "deviance." The lust itself is still natural, however they might feel lust in an inappropriate way, such as lusting over a child.

Usually small children are quite covered up. Sadly, though, parents are actually buying crap like halter tops and thongs for children... but that is a different topic entirely... My point is, that I am an adult woman. If I go out in my fitted designer jeans and a flattering top, and wear makeup, that has nothing to do with with any of these other things you are talking about. Some man's supposed lust for me will not make him molest children. If they are into kids, then I am not their type. In fact anyone with breasts, a big butt, and other physical attributes of a sexually mature adult will not turn them on.

Kids get molested regardless of what they are wearing. Women get raped regardless of what they are wearing. You, my friend, are creating excuses for criminals.

Just a note to christians. Take alook at the above three posts to see the ungraceful viciousness that we have to look foward to.

I am Catholic. I agree with those that disagree with you, and do not see the remarks as particularly "vicious." Out of respect for tradition, if I have gone to a pre-Vatican II Latin mass, I have worn a hat or veil. But that is purely out of respect for tradition, and not out of respect for God. God made my head, and every other part of my body. I am not ashamed of those parts, and He is not ashamed of them either.

Please don't generalize all Christians. Just because I believe in Jesus does not mean that I believe in any of what you're saying.

This post was created for the body parts, what they are for.

A rear end, a bottom was created to cushin our bottoms when we sit.

if he didnt creat the bottom all our weight would be on bones.

Its sexualized.

Womens breast are to hold milk, but they are sexualized too musch.

As was pointed out earlier, the butt is full of muscles. Were it made for a "cushion," it would be all fat. My personal experience is that some men prefer women with more of a cushion, while other men prefer women who use their butt for more than that. I have spent a lot of time on in the gym to prevent my butt from being merely a "cushion."

Thank God that not everyone likes a "cushion butt" because I have never had much of a butt anyhow.

Edited to add: And research has shown that wide hips and large breasts have long been associated with fertility. So God also created these things to attract the attention of males, to continue our species. Just like he created female monkeys with red butts, and male monkeys that like to see female monkeys with red butts.

By the way, (not to get too personal) but I have larger breasts. I am not overweight, I just have natural breasts that are on the large side. Even though I have a small waist, I have large hips. God gave me those attributes. God also gave me endometriosis, which is a (painful) disease that often affects a woman's chances of conceiving a child. I might never conceive. My breasts may never be used to feed a child. God gave me all of those things in one package... so what I am saying is that maybe you are putting too much emphasis on why you think women have these parts.

Most women have round breasts all of the time, and they get larger before, during, and after pregnancy, for obvious reasons. What about other animals? Dogs only have large breasts when they must nurse puppies. The same is true for other animal species. So why do we have breasts all of the time? Ornamentation perhaps? Fun? Who knows.

And commercials like the guy singing.

" and twins "

There were actual identical twins in that commercial. Not just boobs. Actually, even though "twins" is a popular nickname for boobs, natural breasts are commonly not identical or symmetrical. Often, they are a little bit off from one another. One is slightly higher, or slightly larger... maybe not enough for the "sinful, lustful man" to detect while he is ogling and fantasizing about rape, but most women know subtleties about their bodies.

Please don't try to cover me up. I agree that society should encourage more in the way of modesty, but not for the reasons that you list. I do not mind seeing other women (and men) wearing flattering clothing, whether it may be stretchy shirts or tight jeans or whatever. What I do mind is when people just want to show skin, and do not care to dress in a style that is flattering to their body type. And there is flattering clothing out there for every body type. There is no need for anyone to wear a burka unless they choose to.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by TheHypnoToad]

[edit on 21-1-2008 by TheHypnoToad]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Reply to JesusisTruth

Yeh maybe you should convert and become a Muslim because we are definitely against all these sexual ‘sins’.

Not many people in your faith or around your faith will support you and get you through this ‘sinful’ world. They will keep telling you that you are old-minded person and sex for enjoyment is a good thing etc..

If you become a Muslim than you will have 1.4Bil people standing with you and support you.

Christinaity is in decline as the young Christian borns are now turning to atheism and other liberal ways to pursue thei Evil Lusts...

You can also U2U me if you wana know more about Islam.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Just what exactly is evil and sinful about two consenting adults enjoying sex together?
Why would God / Allah / Whoever consider it a sin? :shk: :shk:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Just what exactly is evil and sinful about two consenting adults enjoying sex together?
Why would God / Allah / Whoever consider it a sin? :shk: :shk:

Sex between two married people is indeed a beautiful thing.

Sex is itself neutral. It can be used in a positive or negative manner.

When we fornicate (even with our spouse) however, sex ceases to be a positive and beautiful thing, and becomes solely a vehicle to feed our carnal desires. This is the sin against the Holy Spirit.

Leviticus 15:16

"When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening."

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 21/1/2008 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

When we fornicate (even with our spouse) however, sex ceases to be a positive and beautiful thing, and becomes solely a vehicle to feed our carnal desires. This is the sin against the Holy Spirit.

Why?
Who is getting hurt?
Who is getting insulted?
And How?

And if God created us, why did he make an orgasm such an enjoyable experience?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Edit. Sorry, double post.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

"Fornication" refers to sex between two unmarried people, or sex between two people who are not married to each other. That is just the definition of the word.

You can't fornicate with your own spouse.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AkashicWanderer

Please tell me you don't believe every word literally in the book of Leviticus.

If so, you're setting yourself up.

Why does nobody mention that it's a sin to cut the hair on the side of your head, or it's a sin to wear 2 different types of fabric. Why only the passages that deal with homosexuality or sex?

Answer me that please.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Reply to Freeborn

Why would God / Allah / Whoever consider it a sin?

And what is good about fornication?
They can enjoy sex but only with their married partner.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Lust of the flesh. What is it exactly? Does that mean we desire skin? No, it means things that our bodies desire. Why are we only focusing on sex when clearly, that's not all that's intended? This passage is clearly and simply stating that we shouldn't let our lives be run by our bodies natural desires. Yes, natural desires as in it's good to have these desires and wants. God created us to desire these things but not to be controlled by these desires. Can you see the difference?

What do our bodies desire? Food, rest, sex.

Chocolate cake. Yummy! Let me be the first to say that I truely desire this cake. It would go great with the coffee I'm drinking now. There's nothing wrong with wanting this cake. I mean, I have to eat to live right? However in a min. I'm going to move on to something else and forget about this cake. I could think about it all day or just eat cake so much that I get fat and overweight. That would be letting my body's natural desire control me. That would be lust of the flesh.

Sleep. That sounds good to me as well. I really didn't want to get up this morning. I would have much rather just laid in bed all day. Is sleeping wrong? No, but being lazy all the time is. There's nothing wrong with giving yourself an extra nap sometimes or just loafing on the couch. If I did that all the time I would be letting my body's natural desires control me.

*Hat tip to Zedd's blog

Ah! A pretty lady. For most men, this will bring on a very strong desire that probably exceeds that of the cake or pillow. Why the stronger desire? I'm sure God made it this way so that the human race wouldn't die off. If men liked playing XBox or fishing more than the comfort of a woman, humanity would have died off a long time ago. We're supposed to reproduce so we're given a strong urge to do so.

Like the other two things I mentioned, sex has restrictions and rules. You can't have it any time you want it. It should only be with your wife/husband, and you shouldn't dwell on it all the time. Really, not that much different than the other two categories.

Which of the three are evil? None of course. It's perfectly fine to love cake, desire sleep, or notice a pretty woman. Just don't let your body control you emotionally. You can have too much of a good thing or break the safety rules in place while enjoying said good things. You wouldn't eat a sandwich on an active train track would you? Does that make eating sandwiches bad? Of course not. A time and place for everything right?

Now quit focusing on sex only. Go check your gut in the mirror. Are you fulfilling the lust of your flesh?

EDIT: To add - Extra lust categtory of clothing applies to women. You know you want her dress.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the movie Devil's Advocate - "See but don't touch, touch but don't taste, taste but don't swallow." lol

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I understand your point about allowing our desires to dominate our existence.
If we eat too much we get fat.
If we sleep too much and laze around all day we get fat and our brain also becomes slow and lazy.

If we spend all our time, (is it physically possible?), having sex with our spouse, what harm becomes us?

I suspect that an all consuming obsession with sex is unhealthy but the belief that sex is something dirty and to be avoided at all costs is somewhat unhealthier, IMO.
The first is an over indulgence, the second is an un-natural denial.

If God made something better than sex then "he" kept it for himself!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'll take the cake, some chocolates, and as far as sex goes, I beleive you have to be really into the person and love them and have it not be a performance but an act of love. I hate performing :shk:

The passion has to be there or its just not good. I'd rather have a big piece of chocolate cake instead. Wifely "duties" are not very appealing when there is not much love and a lot of contempt.

I never did like the smell of beer.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If we spend all our time, (is it physically possible?), having sex with our spouse, what harm becomes us?

Nothing, there's no restriction on that. Although I think you'll find that sex isn't as important immediently after sex. Feel free to think of and enjoy your spouse all you wish.

If God made something better than sex then "he" kept it for himself!

The best feeling a man can have. The internal satisfaction of a job well done. Looking back at a hard project and smiling because, yes you did it!

In the beginning, God created.....and saw it was good...and he rested on the seventh day. To enjoy his work no doubt.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
wow the understand is not here.

God ade an orgasm, that last about ten seconds. Its supposed to be the height of fealing that two souls have for each other, and it produces kids.

Lust can get so bad to the point its all you think about. Satn enters a soul through sin, once you let him in you become possesed.

you see the women on tv with those possesed faces? thats not just a look they give to camera, they inhabit these thing in their soul called demons of lust and use it to tempt men to sin in a unlawful manner (masturbation) to a women they dont know, waste their seed.

ect...

think about it, you were in seed at one time in your fathers testicles. what if he decided to spill it over some image instead of putting it in a women?

you wouldnt be here. This is what Gods trying to say.

and women dont make it easy. trust me im guilty of that sin myself, and im embarrassed as anything saying that.

basically lust gets so possesive to where you dont see anything spiitual anymore but all flesh, constantly lusting.

sex insdie of mariage is ok, God didnt say thats wrong. But if you get married to a women soley for sex, then you have no love and dont understand why God instituted marriage.

peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

you see the women on tv with those possesed faces? thats not just a look they give to camera, they inhabit these thing in their soul called demons of lust and use it to tempt men to sin in a unlawful manner

That's not a demon stare, that's just called youth and beauty. Women don't need to channel demons to tempt men. They have God-given attributes that do the job just fine. Is it evil to look good? How date you equate women to evil. If Man was God's greatest creation, women were an improvement on the idea. You seem to have contempt for any woman that turns your head. The problem is not good looking women, it's your opinion of them. You cleary objectify them as mere sex objects while viewing sex as vile at the same time.

think about it, you were in seed at one time in your fathers testicles. what if he decided to spill it over some image instead of putting it in a women?
you wouldnt be here. This is what Gods trying to say.

No, God is saying to not let your desires run your life. Your view that there are millions of babies living in your testicles is not only out-dated, there's absolutely nothing in the Bible to back up your point of view. I've already addressed the issues of spilt seed here in this very thread. I actually noted the only two verses in the Bible that address this issue. It has nothing to do with wasted babies. From your point of view, millions of babies die every time a couple has sex. You see, only one sperm reaches the egg and that doesn't happen every time. Why would God arrange for millions of babies to die every time intercourse took place? Please do some research on the sexual reproductive systems of humans. The egg is not a baby. The sperm is not a baby. It's only the combination of the two that results in a baby.

basically lust gets so possesive to where you dont see anything spiitual anymore but all flesh, constantly lusting.

Again, that's your problem as an individual. If you lust after women constantly the problem is with your self-control. There are hundreds of gallons of chocloate ice cream in a store down the street, but I can't blame them if I eat so much I get sick. It's not their fault for making more than I can eat. It's my fault for eating more than I need. It's very selfish to belive that God made all women for just one person. Just as stores have an abundance of ice cream, God created an abundance of women so all men can have one. It is up to you as the controller of your own actions to restrict yourself.

sex insdie of mariage is ok, God didnt say thats wrong.

Okay? Just okay? It's flipping awesome! Stop looking at sex as a necessary evil. Look at it as a fantastic gift from God. If you view your wife the way I view mine you'll not only enjoy it, you'll appreciate it greatly and even think about it the next day. A wise man once remarked that you should enjoy your wife's breast and that you should be captivated by her. You would be wise to listen to him.

Proverbs 5:18-19

may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Why?
Who is getting hurt?
Who is getting insulted?
And How?

When we fornicate we hurt and profane our own inner temple. Only with a clean and pure temple can any spiritual progress be made.

And if God created us, why did he make an orgasm such an enjoyable experience?

In animals, the orgasm serves as a pleasurable stimulus which encourages sexual intercourse and ultimately the survival of the species.

The orgasm is something which we have acquired through evolution from the animal kingdom. The difference is that the orgasm is no longer required for the survival of the human species, since apart from the pleasurable stimulus which sex provides before the orgasm, there are many emotional factors which encourage us to engage in sexual activity. To put it simply, sex is pleasurable enough that even if the orgasm did not exist we would engage in it with comparable frequency.

Originally posted by TheHypnoToad
"Fornication" refers to sex between two unmarried people, or sex between two people who are not married to each other. That is just the definition of the word.

You can't fornicate with your own spouse.

When I use the word fornication I refer to the spilling of the seed (semen), regardless of the circumstances. I am aware that this is not the common definition, so whenever I use the word from now please know that this is what I am referring to.

Originally posted by bigbert81

Leviticus 15:16

"When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening."

Please tell me you don't believe every word literally in the book of Leviticus.

I do not. I believe that the Bible is not to be strictly interpreted literally or contextually, but rather that it has many levels interpretation. The literal level is the most mundane and usually the least informative.

In the passage above the emission of semen does not necessarily refer to a physical act. The uncleanliness which results is not of a physical nature, and surely a bath with H20 will not remove it.

God ade an orgasm, that last about ten seconds. Its supposed to be the height of fealing that two souls have for each other, and it produces kids.

Only one infinitesimal spermatozoon is needed to engender a child. One sole spermatozoon escapes easily from the sexual glands without the necessity of spilling the semen. It is absurd to spill six or seven million when only one is needed to procreate.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 22/1/2008 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
First of all Dbates your wrong, your just trying to justify your sins.

Not only did God institue a church 2000 years ago, from which the hiearchy was taught by God what manner sins were. masturbation was one of them.

Its an act of lust to (someone you are not lawfully married to) for a simply selfish gratification.

your wrong.

secondly, for the arrogance runs wild, but the OT says it would be beter to spill your seed in the belly of a whore than t waste it.

Its precious. If you waste it, your wasting precious seed God commanded you to wait until you find a women, this is a fact, I will not listen to you, and any sincere soul is not going to listen to you over God himself and his church.

Now I am guilty of sin, and I will pay, and God makes me pay everyday by severe anxiety, I dont like what I have done.

" its flipping awesome "

Yea so. if I said its ok, does that mean my enthusiasm is laking? I knows its great, its just sex son, just sex.

I know its great Dbates, but God gives some people his grace to view women as he does, not throw human needs. some of the saints stayed virgings and aquired the angelic virtue.

seriously, its a special thing God created for two souls who are legally joined together forever. Its not a bad thing in the right circumstances.

peace.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by JesusisTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join