It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lust of the flesh.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What about the Sistine Chapel? Do priests/congregation cover their eyes when they walk in? lol

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Look, the bottom line is, is that I made this thread for christians who believe in Christ is God come in the flesh, the word made flesh. He knows all things.

the thread also voices the type of repressive voice that secularists see as a dark age mentality that isn't valid in today's modern age

" whoever looks at a women to lust after her commits adultury in his heart already "

only a married man could do that... i'm not married... unless that woman is married anything wouldn't be considered adultry.

" It would be better for you if you spill your seed in the belly of a whore than on the ground "

I dont know where the latter is, but its in scipture.

it also shows how little the people writing it knew about anatomy... "belly"?

Likewise

" If your right hand scandalize thee cut it off "

He means if temptation is making thee struggle, cut of the occasion.

or you could just, you know, excersise will power.

If you are athiest, you have no right in here, since God is fake to you.

no, we have every right to be here. you brought up an issue of morality, something that is within the realm of the secular. a lack of belief in your deity doesn't exclude us from that.

Believe your belief, live your lifestyle, and continue in unbelief, this post does not concern you.

yes it does, it is what we consider to be one of the primary dangers of religion.

Whoever wants to live by the spirit, is living by what God created us for. After death sex will not exist. This is why virgins are mentioned in apocolypse as spotless.

which is weird, because sex is considered one of the best parts of life... why wouldn't we want it to exist after death?

Not knowing women, or touching one, they are angels.

odd... what about the female virgins? oh wait, the bible treats women as impure, that's why those guys are "spotless"

Thats what sepreates (men), from (agnels), which is chastity. Its the angelic virtue.

i don't think angels have the right parts to get down and dirty...

Because they know why God created sex, and after death sex wont exist but love only, and a pleasure and joy our minds cant even fathom.

but one of the greatest parts of sex is sharing great joy and pleasure with someone you love a lot.

Dont forget God created an orgasim. What is he capable of?

...sorry, evolution created the orgasm. obviously pleasure at the point of copulation wouldn't be selected out, it's too damn good at motivating sexual behavior

But if we put or trust in this pleasure, we will just become more and more possesed, we dont even know it.

you completely have your philosophy wrong on this one

Sex is not wrong. Just confined to marriage.

and yet only the virgins would be considered spotless...

Madness this is my last post on this subject, but I wanted to say one thing to think about.

ok... shoot.

You said that Lust is natural?

yes, lust is the purely physical attraction of a person to a member of either the same or opposite sex (depends on how you're born)

Rape is a form of lust after women, even with kids, which is evel as all .... excuse my language.

rape isn't a form of lust, rape is a power trip. it isn't all about sex, sex is just a mechanism to control. it's the same type of power trip

Than is rape natural as well?

sadly, it is natural. it's not good, but it's natural. as is murder and genocide, they're perfectly natural, but deplorably evil.

Is fornication which destroys marriage?

fornication doesn't destroy marriage...
maybe the word you're lookin for is adultry, that one tends to destroy marriage

Is raping kids natural?

Or is it phsycological?

it isn't natural, it's a mental disorder... ok, it could be considered natural, but it's a DEVIATION. it's not the norm, it's far from what's right.

If thats true how come a member of gangs which can number 20 at a time are all evil?

...ok, you really just switched subjects here. now i'm confused. um, and apparently you've never met a gang member, most of them are actualyl quite hospitable.

Are they all phycoligicaly bad?

whats theconicidence of that from 20 different individuals?

again, most gang members aren't bad people, they just are situationally pressured into doing bad things.

Its evil. They are evil. they need to be prayed for, but evil is real, and it comes from (no grace).

no, incorrect. they aren't evil, they're desperate. most people don't join gangs because they're evil, they do it because they have nothing to guide them. lack of family, education (or poor education), community, etc. it all boils down to socioeconomic pressures and desperation.

and you will see this after death when God shows you what grace is.

really? he's a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

how can said being show me what grace is when his acts show quite the opposite?

Oh and to the lady who says I lust and still function right.

thats because your running on relying on your own strength and pride. The devil wont work on you much, but lusting after men without marriage is a sin, if you dont believe then dont, but I believe it is.

the problem is just that, all you have is belief. why don't you try giving us a reasoned philosophical arguement? if you could provide me with a good one i might actually agree with you.

Oh one last thing that came to my mind just now.

madness, your not stupid, I know that. If you had a wife and loved her, and she was brutally raped to death over ten seconds of pleasure.

what would be your state of mind in court, when the guy says.

" Its natural "

comeone, use your mind. Lust can get so bad, so possesive that it leads to evil, im telling you ive seen people so lustful it scares the daylights out of me.

your point fails. lust isn't the key to rape, i've explained this many times. rape is a far more psychologically complex act.

and i'd say "so is genocide, but hitler wouldn't have used that argument"

Now, on that note, I think Jesus just gave me that wisdom,

only the fool labels his own words as wisdom
-mims (that's me)

im not replying anymore.

really? that's a bit of a running away tactic. you're not even going to bother to look at my replies.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I wanted to post something on this sin, something I myself am not free from guilt of, especially of the eyes and I will pay for it.

I think women are sexualized today to an amazing degree, but if you think about this deeply, just remember what they market.

The backside of women is sexuallized beyond measure. Something God created for a cushion to sit on, this is why God created it, likewise womens Breast holds the milk to feed their children, and this is sexualized today.

I wish to God, that it was like the days of old, where women had to cover up, and this time will come back and it will be like the days of old. It is very hard for men today, this is why the saints said they wish they could have lived in todays world so that they could go through the test of today which takes all your faith to be saved from this stuff.

So Christians who read this, lets pray for each other if we have temptations, and lets pray for others, because Mary said at Fatima that more souls go to hell for sins of the flesh than any other reason.

peace.

man you know all sins are foregiven dont you. except the sin about denying the holy spirit that sin can never be foregiven. but thats all bs anyways just like prayer.
and im glad its not like the old days when woman "had to" cover up they were treated like crap.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The backside of women is sexuallized beyond measure. Something God created for a cushion to sit on, this is why God created it, likewise womens Breast holds the milk to feed their children, and this is sexualized today.

Yeah, those are my favorite parts!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

comeone, use your mind. Lust can get so bad, so possesive that it leads to evil, im telling you ive seen people so lustful it scares the daylights out of me.

That, right there, is the bottom line.

Religious or not, we have (all other things equal) a conscious mind that can be lead astray, and also reigned in.

Above all else, I'd think that God would want us to be as virtuous as possible -- to work towards reigning in our minds, teaching it the correct way of thinking so that our actions and thoughts and emotions speak with one voice that is free from hesitation or temptation.

But, virtue can (should?) be attained regardless of the temptations set before us!!! The journey is made more difficult with so many obstacles, but the point is not to work to remove the obstacles, but rather train yourself so that the obstacles presented are meaningless.

To cover a penis with a fig leaf doesn't solve the lust in people's hearts.

Lust can become possessive -- but only when the mind refuses or lacks the capability of reigning itself in.

Lust is a thought that the person chooses whether or not to enact.

Just like any other sin, we need to learn how to control ourselves -- regardless of the amount of sin/obstacles on the path...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes Diseria, but covering up helps innocent souls, and souls who struggle when they see a women walk by on the street with skin tight jeans keep their minds without the extra added temptations.

Jesus said.

" Whosoever looks on a women "" ect....

Covering helps that, as a man I know this to be true. But if you believe in Satan like me, then he works on souls as the saints have saw him, and is like an invisible freind thats stands next to you planting images in your head and so forth.

I just hope the days return of chaste dress.

peace.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
JesusisTruth, way to duck and dodge my entire post in rebuttal to yours! you've completely failed to address any of the counterpoints i made...

now, JiT, do you believe that women should cover their heads?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You post too much questions, I do not have the time. I posted to this Diseria because she utu me and I cant be rude.

Our arguments go in circles, so on the last page I told you im not replying to you on this topic nomore.

Maybee if you ask one question at a time, with sincerity and not saying Gods a fariytale whom you will come face to face with one day.

" should women cover their head "

God said the glory of a man I think is his head, so since I put myself below God, then I believe and trust what he said. Which is that women should cover their heads which the bible says. I have to find the passage.

Atleast I think they are told to cover their heads in church. God created every thread of hair, and said one peice doesnt fall out without his consent.

So He created us, I listen to him, I dont know anything, I dont come from myself and believe in him.

so yes, atleast in church.

Oh also I will not respond to anything unless you answer this.

Why did you choose (madness in my soul) as a user

if you dont believe in a soul?

Or did you already rebell and are here to deny everything, miracle and proof to further your lifestyle and destroy innocent souls faith?

God bless you.
peace.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
both sides are guilty....most of the girls wear clothes that shows too much,if u ask them why? they will probably say it makes them feel good.
we man just have needs^^we want sex and we just WANT it.
but do u know how clouded our minds become when we see some attractive girl?after i get a hold on my self i cant believe the way i acted of the stuff i thinked.

funny things is what comedian chris rock sayd
u wear bra's with filling.....ur....aint that big^^
u wear high heels......ur aint that tall^^
u wear make up.......ur face dosnt look like that^^
everything about them is a lie XD

i dont even know why girls are so obsesed having big ()() we dont care so much as they think....i would like some girl more for her beautifull face

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Its worrying that in this day and age some religious people can still have this attitude!!

Lust is natural! Without it men would struggle to get an erection,and for women sex would become incredibly painful!!

Rape is to do with lust,but not sexual lust.It is a lust for power.A lust for control.A lust to do harm to another human being.
But your attitude of lust=rape makes me wonder if its you who has a serious problem.When you look at a woman do your sexual thoughts lead to violence?? Is that why you want women to cover up?? You yourself,in your mind,are wallowing in sin if you think this way.You hope that God will forgive you,yet you will continue to sin until all women in the world i covered head to toe!! And that my friend will never happen.
Your attitude is what can lead to women being raped.You seem to think that because women dress sexy or have some flesh on show means that a man who is lusfully attracted to her can treat her in such a degrading manner!!
I hope you never go to the beach during the summertime,who knows what might happen to the 100's of women and young girls who walk around in bikini's and swimming costumes!!

Oh,and he song,Addicted To Love,is actually about drugs.its original title was,Addicted To Drugs!!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Sorry,the above quote is meant to be a reply to Jesus Is Truth,as is this one.

Covering up does not stop rape,you just have to look at the crime statistics of muslim countries who have their women covered up to see that!!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Maybee if you ask one question at a time, with sincerity and not saying Gods a fariytale whom you will come face to face with one day.

i am sincere... i'm completely open to anything that has supporting evidence. until you have evidence to support your beliefs i will continue to conclude that they are nothing more than your myth of choice.

God said the glory of a man I think is his head, so since I put myself below God, then I believe and trust what he said. Which is that women should cover their heads which the bible says. I have to find the passage.

Atleast I think they are told to cover their heads in church. God created every thread of hair, and said one peice doesnt fall out without his consent.

So He created us, I listen to him, I dont know anything, I dont come from myself and believe in him.

so yes, atleast in church.

ok, how horribly misogynistic of you...

Oh also I will not respond to anything unless you answer this.

Why did you choose (madness in my soul) as a user

if you dont believe in a soul?

i've actually explained this on ATS... probably at least a dozen times.

i couldn't think of a username... then a lyric popped up in the song i was listening to:
"method is madness
now there's madness in my soul"

i thought that last part was a good METAPHOR.
they're called metaphors, people use them all the time. einstein and sagan were known for using "god" as a metaphor, even though neither believed in said supernatural deity.

Or did you already rebell and are here to deny everything, miracle and proof to further your lifestyle and destroy innocent souls faith?

wow... nice ad hom!

i'm not here to "rebel" i'm not here to deny anything that is factual and evidence based.
you haven't provided any evidence for me to follow, i have no belief in that which lacks supporting evidence.

i'm not here to "further my lifestyle"
hell, that happens to be something that is a bit of a slur against atheists... it's as if we're some horribly depraved individuals that follow some immoral lifestyle
were you aware that atheists have the lowest divorce rates in the USA?

and i'm not here to destroy the faith of innocent souls, i'm here to free people's minds from the mind virus that you call faith.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sexuality is soley a prime urge in man. If the urge is supressed, bad things amount, just as if it ran too rampent. You have to have a balance.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Covering helps that, as a man I know this to be true.

You are not representative of your average male. thankfully.. most men might 'tempted' to ask a woman on a date. Thats healthy.. your thought process is not.

But if you believe in Satan like me, then he works on souls as the saints have saw him, and is like an invisible freind thats stands next to you planting images in your head and so forth.

A interesting if not disturbingly detailed glimpse into your day to day psyche there JT.

So anyone who believes in Satan like you would see him like an invisible friend that "plants images in their head"..?
Reading that was most.. disconcerting. If you do indeed have such images of yourself violently raping women just for seeing them in tight jeans.. Satan is the least of your problems. IMO maybe you are trying to morally rationalise past behaviours.. or justify indulging in future behaviours by removing yourself from accountabilty.

I just hope the days return of chaste dress.

I just hope that one day you'll get the help you need. I'm serious.. all your posts are saturated with contempt and hatred for women. That is not consistant with Jesus' teachings.

You came on here telling women [including me] how they should dress.
Paraphrased:
"Dress the way I tell you or I or someone else might rape you"..?!
You like to use the bible alot to rationalise views yet you completely ignore the FREE WILL part.. possibly on both counts.
You even tried to put forward an argument that women should instantly 'know their place' [ie. beneath you]. That is not the words of someone concerned about protecting the virtue and safety of women.. that is someone who only wants to overpower and conquer them.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by riley]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Does anybody have a time machine? Seriously, JiT needs to go back to an era in which he'd be much more comfortable.

Men blaming women for their own impulses has caused more trouble for women historically than just about any other notion.

this reminds me of how rape victims were treated in earlier times. "She was asking for it."

Believe me, if I were asking for anything, you'd hear a clear sentence from me.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It seems JIT is looking for validation from fellow christians,but he'll only get that from men like him.Men who think women should cover up because they themselves can't control there urges fall into 2 catorgories.

1.) men who have acted out their violent fantasies.
2.) those who haven't yet acted out their violent fantasies.

And i'd be interested to know what "olden times" JIT is refering to.
The victorian period,when flashing ankle was considered shocking? Women still got raped.
The Tudor period maybe,when there was plenty of battles and wars,when women got raped because it was the rules of wars.....actually,that goes for just about every period before the 1800's!!

[edit on 10-9-2007 by jakyll]

[edit on 10-9-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

here, here!

moderation in all things, quite a wise way to look at it.

anyway, separate point... back to JiT... why must men not abide by the same rules as women and cover up as well?

what about at the beach?
if you're advocating for the discontinuation of the bikini, i fear for your sanity.

[edit on 9/10/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You guys are getting me wrong. Lust produces stuff like masturbation which I believe is wrong. Its a slefish act of self gratification.

The images might not have to do with rape, but those women who dress scampy tempt people beyond measure.

You guys dont know what possesion is. Lust can get so bad that it takes over your life. I know about souls who masturbate 5 times a day whos lives are taken over by lust.

Lust is not natural you goof ball. Attraction to women is.

So if your right all perverts are natural?

All men who tape kids at water parks are natural?

what about the slimballs who look up womens skirts when women dont know it, what is that called?

what about slimeball spies who spie on people through wondows?

Lust is not natural, and it can get so bad it causes those perverts that Im talking about.

I said the devil puts images in your mind because he wants you to sin. i believe in sin, you dont, so drop it.

Madness, I love women, they are souls of God, and I love all souls. Im saying God wants them to be covered.

Madness the beach, I dont like. So I dont go.

God bless you.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just a note to christians. Take alook at the above three posts to see the ungraceful viciousness that we have to look foward to.

Cherish in your hearts angelic men and women who handle everything with the utmost love.

Instead of these men trying to understand me, they are vicious beyond measure, I made this post for christians, not to be attakced personally.

Of course my mom and dad love me, but they dont know me, and think they do, so its as if I am so insane whereas they are so sane.

use this as a tool to know the viciousness we are in for, and cherish souls who handle everything with graceful speach.

I have not used everything with graceful speach, but these men I still have a love for, while they hate me beyond measure.

its Gods grace.

This post was created for the body parts, what they are for.

A rear end, a bottom was created to cushin our bottoms when we sit.

if he didnt creat the bottom all our weight would be on bones.

Its sexualized.

Womens breast are to hold milk, but they are sexualized too musch.

we have God alful resturaunts called Hooters, made by pigs.

And commercials like the guy singing.

" and twins "

some bear commercial I have seen.

Objectizing women is what they are doing. And if you talk to alot of rapest and molesters they say.

" I just seen flesh and not a spirit or human "

Thats all the post is for, and thats it.

peace.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The images might not have to do with rape, but those women who dress scampy tempt people beyond measure.

no... no no no nononononononononono
NO
that's just a stupid view.
rape has nothing to do with how a woman dresses.

You guys dont know what possesion is. Lust can get so bad that it takes over your life. I know about souls who masturbate 5 times a day whos lives are taken over by lust.

how is masturbation bad? how does it hurt?

So if your right all perverts are natural?

well, pervert has many definitions. would you define a homosexual as a pervert?

All men who tape kids at water parks are natural?

...ok, that's pedophilia, that's a horrible psychological condition.

what about the slimballs who look up womens skirts when women dont know it, what is that called?

...peeking?
that's kind of natural... especially if things are easy to view. the issue is how long someone looks there... a quick glance vs staring...

what about slimeball spies who spie on people through wondows?

that's just someone with issues of giving people privacy, not necessarily someone "possessed by lust"

Lust is not natural, and it can get so bad it causes those perverts that Im talking about.

you've yet to show HOW.

Madness, I love women, they are souls of God, and I love all souls. Im saying God wants them to be covered.

no, men who want to oppress women want them to be covered. read the passage in the bible where the bible says women should be covered up, it also states that women < man.

this is an issue of misogyny, not of what god wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join