It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lust of the flesh.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

I wanted to post something on this sin, something I myself am not free from guilt of, especially of the eyes and I will pay for it.

I think women are sexualized today to an amazing degree, but if you think about this deeply, just remember what they market.

The backside of women is sexuallized beyond measure. Something God created for a cushion to sit on, this is why God created it, likewise womens Breast holds the milk to feed their children, and this is sexualized today.

I wish to God, that it was like the days of old, where women had to cover up, and this time will come back and it will be like the days of old. It is very hard for men today, this is why the saints said they wish they could have lived in todays world so that they could go through the test of today which takes all your faith to be saved from this stuff.

So Christians who read this, lets pray for each other if we have temptations, and lets pray for others, because Mary said at Fatima that more souls go to hell for sins of the flesh than any other reason.

peace.

Friend,

HOPE TO YOU!!!

I see that your heart is right in wanting all what God has for you, God bless you truely in Jesus Name.

"The Lord Jesus Christ obviously has to do something about this flesh nature, or we would never be able to be obedient to the Spirit of God. This is why the Spirit of God leads us to put to death the deeds of the rebellious flesh (Rom. 8:13, 14; Gal. 5:16,24). In the new covenant, the Lord Jesus Christ enables us to overcome this flesh nature in order to be conformed to the image of Christ." ~~by Milton Green.

Take 'to heart' these Scriptural verses:
1 John 2:14-17

14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

Gal 5:16

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. KJV

This site might help you tremendously!!!
The flesh nature is the nature of Satan:
home1.gte.net...
It's main page is here:
home1.gte.net...

Receive these mp3's as a gift to you my friend:

home1.gte.net...
home1.gte.net...
home1.gte.net...
home1.gte.net...
home1.gte.net...
home1.gte.net...
home1.gte.net...
home1.gte.net...
home1.gte.net...

Take up your Cross
Your going to suffer in the flesh but cease from sin!
home1.gte.net...

Where God alone, is Lord of your Life:
And He alone will be your Santurary:
What ever path God has you walking on, He's going to cause
you to 'be Holy' as He is Holy:
home1.gte.net...
home1.gte.net...

[edit on 8/12/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I am in the 20th century, but I have an old soul.

It took me a while to read through all the posts, but this one in particular kept bothering me. JesusisTruth you seem so devoted to the bible's word, but in the above quote you have said that you have an old soul. In your religion, you supposedly go to heaven or hell after death. But in the above quote you claim that you have an old soul, do you see the connection to reincarnation? I thought christianity said reincarnation doesn't exist, so maybe your faith isn't all that complete?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ya know...

with all the bickering and stuff, we all must remember, we're guests here at ATS, we don't get to make the rules, but we'd better abide by them or you know what happens...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Please take the reincarnation discussion to an appropriate thread. Nothing wrong with the subject, but it's off topic in this thread. The subject matter here is "Lust of the flesh".

Speaking of which, I'm really craving something chocloate right now. My flesh is really lusting for some of that semi-sweet goodness.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
With all due respect Jesus-Is-Real, I would like to subscribe to a different view than you. You said:

I wanted to post something on this sin, something I myself am not free from guilt of, especially of the eyes and I will pay for it.

I can't disagree more. If you believe the scriptures, and I have to assume that you do, the human body, was indeed created in the form of God. How can looking at something that God created be wrong? Frankly I think that's a bit hypocritical. I see the human body as a work of art. There's a difference from leering with drool running down your chin, and looking courteously in admiration. Do you have a problem going to a museum and admiring artwork?

You also said:

So Christians who read this, lets pray for each other if we have temptations, and lets pray for others

What's wrong with temptation? There's a HUGE difference between being tempted, and actually carrying out a deed. I can be on a diet, but I can still walk by a Bakery window and be tempted to buy that brownie. How does that hurt anyone?

I respect your views, I truly do. However your views don't necessarily need to be mine. Might I burn in Hell? I can't answer that question. BUT I can say that I never hurt anyone, I am the first to lend a helping hand. I love my family, and take care of them, putting myself dead last in the pecking order of who gets what they want. I'm no saint, and I don't claim to be. But in the grand scheme of things I think that Satan isn't reserving me a front row seat.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
God created women so men would have lust of the flesh and propagate our species.

At certain times I've even lusted after my own flesh. It's completely natural.

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say this but i cant help it. Does this author remind anyone of the movie "Carrie" and the op here being Carrie's mother?

Has the OP ever had sex or are you saving yourself? What is your view on this?

Dont you ever feel tempted? Tell us the truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
OP, I do not know what it is.

The mom on Carrie. I have seen this movie. You see this director, you have to be wise, made (chastity) look insane, basically making us look crazy.

There are completely sane people who vbelieve women should be covered.

Lust is not natural, God commanded women be covered because of the fall, orginal sin, we have are natures that know evil.

remember before the fall humans were naked, then they realized they need clothes.

From experience, lust comes from images. if I see a women, later satan can use those images to tempt innocent souls.

Then if your soul gets so bad, you will start to make those lustful faces while women walk by.

It leads to sin which leads to possesion, but to believe this you have to believe in the spiritual world and God.

Sin causes possesion and evil to enter in. Sin is an evil act, of the flesh that is, trust me while im in the midst of the acts ive commited, nothing good enters in.

Its a selfish act of pleasure. Some people get so possesed that they rape kids, sleep man with man, women with women, or just live for the flesh instead of the spirit.

Think about the popular song of the 80s

addicted to love.

He says. You cant eat, you cant sleep, your in deep, your mind is (not) your own.

exactly, because satan is possing you.

Its evil, and you will see what I mean after death.

Jesusisreal, thank you I will look it up.

Oh, and temptations are not evil, they are natural. Giving in is, and to continue in it is.

peace.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

OP, I do not know what it is.

that's you. the Original Poster

The mom on Carrie. I have seen this movie. You see this director, you have to be wise, made (chastity) look insane, basically making us look crazy.

There are completely sane people who vbelieve women should be covered.

yes... it's completely sane to think that women should be restricted in what they wear.
tell me, are you against bikinis?

Lust is not natural, God commanded women be covered because of the fall, orginal sin, we have are natures that know evil.

incorrect, lust is PERFECTLY natural

remember before the fall humans were naked, then they realized they need clothes.

so nudity is the natural state and we should refrain from being covered...
oh, and said fall never happened...

From experience, lust comes from images. if I see a women, later satan can use those images to tempt innocent souls.

lust comes from nature and hormones, not from satan. lust is what propogates the human race

Then if your soul gets so bad, you will start to make those lustful faces while women walk by.

"lustful faces"? can you give us an example?

i wonder, do you think it's lustful for me to look at a woman and have my face change because i'm just in awe of her beauty? i've had my jaw drop on more than one occassion seeing beautiful women, does that count as a lustful face?

It leads to sin which leads to possesion, but to believe this you have to believe in the spiritual world and God.

no, you have to believe a lot more than that...

Sin causes possesion and evil to enter in. Sin is an evil act, of the flesh that is, trust me while im in the midst of the acts ive commited, nothing good enters in.

really, because all the times i've comitted "lust of the flesh" i haven't had anything bad happen. much fun was had by all.

Its a selfish act of pleasure.

well, sometimes it is... but mostly it's mutual enjoyment, not selfish. sexuality at its best is about wanting to please the other person.

Some people get so possesed that they rape kids,

that's a psychological problem, not an issue of lust of possession.

sleep man with man, women with women,

people are born that way, hell, animals are born that way too.

or just live for the flesh instead of the spirit.

there is no spirit to live for...

Think about the popular song of the 80s

addicted to love.

He says. You cant eat, you cant sleep, your in deep, your mind is (not) your own.

exactly, because satan is possing you.

not at all, you're misinterpreting the song.

Its evil, and you will see what I mean after death.

that's quite smug of you. whatever happened to the humbleness jesus asked for?
a humble person would say "if i am right, you will see how things are after you die"

Oh, and temptations are not evil, they are natural. Giving in is, and to continue in it is.

there is nothing objectively evil about "lust of the flesh"

what is objectively evil about masturbating? who is it harming?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
:shk:

I think you should become a monk and live your life in prayer and segregated from women and men who are evil and doing things that bother you.
I'd check into it because you dont seem to be able to handle your sexuality very well.
I dont know how old you are but its perfectly normal to lust and not cross the line and hold back. Its normal to see a beautiful person and think so and move on. Its normal to want a relationship and enjoy sex. I wouldnt make a sport of it but its very pleasurable if you really like your partner and if you really care.

I've lusted in my heart
and i function very well during those times, the man never knew it and i thought it was fun to consider him a hunk. He would have been very pleased, i'm sure, if he had known. Its harmless unless you go crazy and stalk and do something crazy.

I can see you praying and lighting candles when a sexual thought or feeling takes over your body...That's not natural. That's not enjoying your physical God-given body which God gave you to enjoy for awhile.

I'd enjoy it while you can. In the proper way, of course.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth This lust causes rape dear man and spilling your seed which is masturbation.

Lust does not cause rape.

Lack of self-discipline causes rape.

Even if every female covered up, men know what's underneath... if they cannot control themselves when she's wearing next to nothing, what's to say that he'll control himself when she's wearing 5 layers?

It's no one's fault but their own if they cannot (or will not) control their actions (if not their thoughts).

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I entirely agree with the "lust" of the flesh.
As mortals enter into this world, their spirit is subject to all the bodily weaknesses in the mortal tabernacle.
Thus, in consequence, sin, and more specifically "the natural man."
There are two opposing sides; the spiritual man, and the carnal man.
Yes, women are appealed to in very immoral ways.
But I mean throughout the ages of time, this has been a constant problem.
It has not been as big as it is today with the advancement of technology and Satan's evil tactics.
But "lust" and "adultery" has always been a problem.
But I must add, that with all the great rise of evil in the world, there is also a great rise of good.
And with that we must stand together, united as brothers in Christ.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
James 1:14-15

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

When Israel didn't remove the enemies from off the land (little by little of course) death was brought forth in the land:
1. Pride toward God
2. Rejection toward God
3. Lust toward man
4. Unforgiveness toward man
5. Rebellion to God toward God
6. Passivity to God
7. Fear toward man

And so it is with all mankind. Because we hadn't known. And we hadn't been knowing! But we all can wake up from this night mare.

[edit on 8/16/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Lust leads to rape because men let themselves get so tempted by women that it leads to those evil acts.

or else why do you not commit rape?

because you have gods grace and are not evil, without which people are evil.

I can control myself, but images satan can work on.

I believe he is out there, the stigmatist pagre pio saw many of the devils, and they work on souls, trying to get them to commit suicide and so forth.

They only work on people who are trying to stop their acts.

selfishness is opposite of Gods will. He created our bodies not for pleasure but for a test, whther we put our hapiness in an instant pleasure, or spiriual eternity where sex will not longer exist.

Lust is not natural, the attraction to womens beauty is, hormones are as well.

But constant lust for a ten second pleasure is evil, its sipling our seed, and its evil. And its not smug, its the truth. Im not being unhumble, im just saying what God has said.

Trust me, im nothing without God, I have no goodness at all.

peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
When contraception became available, it kinda took the responsibility out of having sex. Now everyone does it like rabbits.

Personally, it bothers me that sex and lust are so rampant... I'd like to think of it as something intimate, something I wouldn't do with just anyone. Now it's just another form of entertainment. Everyone's doing it.

As for the whole sinning thing though... nah. I don't think God's gonna send someone to hell for all eternity just cuz they looked at some cleavage or got some action.

JesusisTruth, seriously... come at this issue from a logical perspective and try to find something wrong with it. And no, rape isn't it. If a guy needs to spooge so badly, he can go pay homage to the porcelain deity. He doesn't need to harm someone.

[edit on 8/16/2007 by Kruel]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Lust leads to rape because men let themselves get so tempted by women that it leads to those evil acts.

no, rape is a power trip combined with an inability to control one's self

or else why do you not commit rape?

because i respect a woman's boundries, regardless of whether or not i feel lust for her

because you have gods grace and are not evil, without which people are evil.

WOOO, i'm the atheist with god's grace.

I can control myself, but images satan can work on.

ol' satan doesn't exist.

I believe he is out there, the stigmatist pagre pio saw many of the devils, and they work on souls, trying to get them to commit suicide and so forth.

woo, padre pio also supposedly could fly....

They only work on people who are trying to stop their acts.

uh huh...

selfishness is opposite of Gods will.

except god gets to be as selfish as god wants to...
quite the hypocrite, ain't he?
do as he says not as he does, i guess

He created our bodies not for pleasure but for a test, whther we put our hapiness in an instant pleasure, or spiriual eternity where sex will not longer exist.

really? no sex...
that's a bummer.

Lust is not natural, the attraction to womens beauty is, hormones are as well.

lust is the name for the natural attraction to a woman's beauty caused by hormones..

But constant lust for a ten second pleasure is evil,

ten second? that sounds like a personal problem there...

its sipling our seed, and its evil. And its not smug, its the truth. Im not being unhumble, im just saying what God has said.

give me an objective proof that masturbation is evil.
actually, the attachments to "i'm just saying what god has said" are quite arrogant... the most being that you have the absolute truth from a supreme being

Trust me, im nothing without God, I have no goodness at all.

that sounds like a personal problem... i mean, you're probably a decent person with or without god.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Look, the bottom line is, is that I made this thread for christians who believe in Christ is God come in the flesh, the word made flesh. He knows all things.

So if your Christian, lets pray for each other to not commit sins. Jesus said.

" whoever looks at a women to lust after her commits adultury in his heart already "

" It would be better for you if you spill your seed in the belly of a whore than on the ground "

I dont know where the latter is, but its in scipture.

Likewise

" If your right hand scandalize thee cut it off "

He means if temptation is making thee struggle, cut of the occasion.

If you are athiest, you have no right in here, since God is fake to you. Believe your belief, live your lifestyle, and continue in unbelief, this post does not concern you.

Whoever wants to live by the spirit, is living by what God created us for. After death sex will not exist. This is why virgins are mentioned in apocolypse as spotless.

Not knowing women, or touching one, they are angels.

Thats what sepreates (men), from (agnels), which is chastity. Its the angelic virtue.

Because they know why God created sex, and after death sex wont exist but love only, and a pleasure and joy our minds cant even fathom.

Dont forget God created an orgasim. What is he capable of?

But if we put or trust in this pleasure, we will just become more and more possesed, we dont even know it.

Sex is not wrong. Just confined to marriage.

Madness this is my last post on this subject, but I wanted to say one thing to think about.

You said that Lust is natural?

Rape is a form of lust after women, even with kids, which is evel as all .... excuse my language.

Than is rape natural as well?

Is fornication which destroys marriage?

Is raping kids natural?

Or is it phsycological?

If thats true how come a member of gangs which can number 20 at a time are all evil?

Are they all phycoligicaly bad?

whats theconicidence of that from 20 different individuals?

Its evil. They are evil. they need to be prayed for, but evil is real, and it comes from (no grace).

and you will see this after death when God shows you what grace is.

Oh and to the lady who says I lust and still function right.

thats because your running on relying on your own strength and pride. The devil wont work on you much, but lusting after men without marriage is a sin, if you dont believe then dont, but I believe it is.

So on that, you guys have this post, im not butting in no more.

Christians, pray hard, this age sexualizes women to death and we are creating a society of unspiritual lustballs.

peace.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oh one last thing that came to my mind just now.

madness, your not stupid, I know that. If you had a wife and loved her, and she was brutally raped to death over ten seconds of pleasure.

what would be your state of mind in court, when the guy says.

" Its natural "

comeone, use your mind. Lust can get so bad, so possesive that it leads to evil, im telling you ive seen people so lustful it scares the daylights out of me.

Now, on that note, I think Jesus just gave me that wisdom, im not replying anymore.

peace.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is why what I consider some christians to be quite creepy...you never know if they're on the verge of becoming murderers or rapists, the only thing holding them back is some scripture. Just creepy....I would suggest to talk with a psychiatrist immediately.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
I also believe that women are over-sexualized in the media today.

I couldn't agree more. I can't watch a tv show, a movie, a commercial, or even browse the internet without seeing some cheap bimbo plastered across the screen... and in many cases it's within a bisexual context as well, which doesn't do a lot to float this boat.

Feminine sex appeal is even being used to sell Herpes medicine now, it's to a point of being absolutely pathetic. Just the other day I seen a commercial on TV advertising a new Herpes medication and more than half the commercial was showing a young, slim female jogger in tight spandex jogging...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join