It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lust of the flesh.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
And of course masturbation, which our the seed God has given to us that he does not want us to waste.

Not to be rude, but what about women? Can they masturbate without sinning since no seed is spilled? that has to the the oddest question I've ever asked on this forum.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
About childlike cruelty.

Yea, I grew up around kids with no grace. They would go around in gangs and beat people up, not lightly, but severely, they had no conscience, literally.

I grew up around this stuff, and I believe because I was baptised, I somehow recieved a conscience, I was not that ruthless.

So no you dont learn how to be good on your own.

I cant describe how Gods grace has worked in my life, but its amazing. Before i knew God I used to be completely lazy, no heart, I used to throw stuff at my mother when mad

Beat on my cats for no reason, yet I still had a little bit of conscience, I wasnt real ruthless like the kids I grew up with.

They had no grace at all, and its just like walking into gang members, you chikeyM, if you did that, you would be killed instantly, with no remorse, no sorrow, over a dollar even or shoes.

Have you seen true evil?

Trust me, at the end you will see what grace is, and God will show it to you and I cant wait.

Of course, if anybody runs on pride, that is Me centered, I am everything, youll never see anything.

peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I wish to God, that it was like the days of old, where women had to cover up, and this time will come back and it will be like the days of old.

Sounds like you should be a Muslim and not a Christian.

Good luck with your chauvanism.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

God does not want us to be of the flesh but of the spirit. And yes sex was given by God and its good, but only if its mixed with grace, not lust which doesnt know love.

I completely agree.

I've had sex with Grace several times and there was no lust involved.

Blaming Satan for things which are wrong is just a complete KOP out! It always amazes me how Christians see a big ass car crash and say "Tis God's will, may they rest in peace!" but, if no one dies their all "It's a miracle, God is our saviour!"

Oh well, I agree that we shall quite possibly always disagree. Unless you change your mind that is.

[edit on 11/7/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Women, masturbation. I do not know the answer to, except that God doesnt want us to engane in beastly pleasures as st alphonsus said which are selfish.

You would have to read the saints for that one.

About the car crash thing.

Whatever happens its Gods will. whether they die, hes their souls keeper, or if they live (miraculously) then its a miracle.

Like when the baby in a tornado, me and my mom were listnening to storm stories and the baby got sucked up in an f3 I believe, and was found near a tree alive.

Ive seen several instances in my life, which could only be God, but youll have to wait till the seat to see that.

peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Women, masturbation. I do not know the answer to, except that God doesnt want us to engane in beastly pleasures as st alphonsus said which are selfish.

Why give us the means to reproduce then. Like animals.
Why not just miraculously produce children from thin air.
You need to get outside and experience the real world.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

God doesnt want us to engane in beastly pleasures

Animals drink water. Animals sleep. Animals eat food. Animals reproduce. Which of these is a beastly pleasure and which is not?

While I think your intentions are noble, your focus could be adjusted slightly. I'll agree with you that women should be modest. There's no need for people to run around with their unmentionables showing. That doesn't mean that women can't wear clothing that compliments their shape. Why this infatuation with reproduction as if it was a sin? Sex was created by God and was meant to be enjoyable and down-right exciting. The point I tried to make yesterday was that the lust of the flesh includes all of the above things I mentioned. Eating, drinking, sleeping, and reproduction. Any of them can become your god if they become the focus of your life. You can't just single out one of these and say that this is the ultimate sin.

On average a man ejaculates about 5ml (a teaspoonful) of semen containing 100 million to 300 million sperm. Fewer than 100,000 make their way through the cervix. A mere 200 survive the journey up into the Fallopian tubes. And only one can fertilize the egg. Boys start to manufacture sperm in the testes at puberty and from this time onwards they are produced regularly at a rate of 1,500 a second. Each sperm has a lifespan of about 72 days.
The incredible journey

During sex only 1 out of about 300,000,000 sperm released makes it's way successfully to an egg. Even that doesn't happen every time. Is this a sin that over 2,000,000 die? Sperm only live about 72 days in the testes and you make about 1,500 a second. Is it a sin not to use them? I don't know if my wife will go for that. "What do you mean you have a headache? We got sperm dying over here. You don't have an option."

There's only one story in the Bible that addresses "spilt seed" and that didn't involve masturbation. You can read about it here. Onan was killed because he wouldn't give his dead brother's wife a son. That was a widow's only means of supporting herself in her older age. Judah told him to go give Tamar an heir. Onan mocked him by having sex with her while attempting to not get her pregnant. He was killed for his disobedience. Not for spilling seed.

Later in Leviticus 15 we see two separate instructions for cleaning up after ejaculation. One mentions a woman and one does not. The passage effectively says that if you you get some of this seed on you to wash yourself and your clothes. Also if you and a woman lie together you should both clean up after the matter. See one mentions a woman, the other doesn't implying that ejaculation without a woman is quite possible. Notice that no punishment is described aside from the normal clean up that happens after sex with a woman.

Aside from these two references, the Bible does not address ejaculation. I don't see how you could infer that it's a sin other than by overindulgence. There is nothing in the Bible to back up that opinion. Teachings like the one saying that masturbation was a sin have been pounded into the minds of Catholics for years. For a while you had an excuse because the Bible was only written in Latin, Greek, Aramaic, or Hebrew. Today you have no excuse. English versions of the Bible practically grow on trees. Read for yourself what it says. Be like Ronald Reagan with the Soviets. "Trust and verify".

EDIT:
No wonder so many Catholic priest are pedophiles. They turn a young boy's natural curiosity into a sin and then request that all sins be confessed to a priest. "Okay little johnny, if you masturbate you need to come tell me all the details so you can be forgiven." Sick, sick sick!

[edit on 12-7-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why not make babies out of thin air?

Ask God. He made everything so that we need faith. Or to have faith. With the miracle of birth, athiest still exist because it still takes faith to believe.

You understand after death.

Beastly pleasure are seperate Dbates

Beastly / pleasure, which means that what beast do out of instinct.

Even if seimen is minimal, still its wasting seed, its been a sin of (lust), not an act of love, but a selfish act of pleasure.

And you of all people dbates know what possesion is right?

Through sin you let the devil in, like seven devils out of Mary jesus healed her of.

This act of lust if from a temptation, which doesnt have part in Gods plan and is not invloved in love. Its pleasure.

Than you can say, of course. Its natural.

No, thats because you dont know what Gods grace is. His grace is sufficient for any souls who say its too hard.

its doable. Trust me ive felt Gods grace and it over powers lust of the flesh.

Youll see why its a sin after death, and I hope God shows you clearly.

peace.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Right. Eat, sleep, drink, reproduce, migrate. All that stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Right. Eat, sleep, drink, reproduce, migrate. All that stuff.

you forgot breathing, defecating, blinking, and locomotion.

"alright, sorry kids but jesus says that walking is a beastly sin...."

honestly, JiT, your argument here is from the position of someone like aquinas... someone far removed from modernity and the gargantuan advances we've made in the fields of science, morality, and politics. hell, back then the same people you call "saints" were saying "woman < man" because that's the time they lived in... which is the same reason why they said what they said about physical pleasures.

but it's hypocricy if it came from that glutton aquinas....

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
No, madness, God said the women was created for the man, not the man for the women, this is repeated in scripture.

But each need to respect and love each other, but women do need to know their place in the world, this is why they were told not to preach in church and to cover their heads as well.

But of course we know more than God right? Please. Our arrogance blinds Humility.

You know why Jesus loved the apostles Madness?

Because they asked him questions like children. And do you know what children for the most part have built into them? Sincerity.

Thats why he said humble yourselves as children.

Your just like my Brother. Hes a player, but I still love his soul, but hes so arrogant. He doesnt usually show any signs of that sincerity God loves so much.

This is why God loves the childlike.

I made this post to be fimiliar with Christians who struggle with this, and to admonish them to pray for each other and to try and make you understand why God made these body parts which are being used as the objects of people lust.

At the end, Jesus will show you what possesion is, and how it destroys the soul, and he will show you what these images will do to a man if they keep pounding into the mind, I know myself what they do.

An instant of time, photographed onto a magazine of a ladies life, and this lady doesnt have a clue what shes causing to the soul.

Ive seen souls so possesed by Lust, Madness that when a women walks by their face turns into a demon like fury.

have you ever seen that? Have you ever felt that?

Youll see at the end how absolutely devistating these images are to souls.

peace.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

No, madness, God said the women was created for the man, not the man for the women, this is repeated in scripture.

But each need to respect and love each other, but women do need to know their place in the world, this is why they were told not to preach in church and to cover their heads as well.

I'm sorry but I am not less then any man on earth. I know my place in the world, it's to tell you that you need to get a life and one in this year, 2007. You so called scripture comes from a book. That's all it is, a book with a bunch of stories in it someone made up to scare people. It's sickening.

Are you single by chance?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

but in genesis 1 it "god says" that women and men were created at the same time....

does the second creation story trump the first?

that's just sexist garbage.

But of course we know more than God right? Please. Our arrogance blinds Humility.

you're claiming to know the absolute truth and what god said...
i'm claiming to know more than a bronze age writer....

You know why Jesus loved the apostles Madness?

because he handpicked them? they made good jokes?

Because they asked him questions like children. And do you know what children for the most part have built into them? Sincerity.

no, children don't have that built into them. they just don't know anything of lies.

Thats why he said humble yourselves as children.

so you're claiming to know exactly why jesus said something... but i'm the arrogant one. i don't even claim to know exactly what mark twain was saying, let alone someone i'd consider to be a deity.

Your just like my Brother. Hes a player, but I still love his soul, but hes so arrogant. He doesnt usually show any signs of that sincerity God loves so much.

for sincerity, see my response to the comment about women knowing their place in the world...

i'm actually quite sincere, though i do tend towards sarcasm at times, is sarcasm but comedic sincerity?

This is why God loves the childlike.

that, and the fact that they only ask the simple, simple questions a child would ask. it's a lot easier to control the childlike, ain't it?

I made this post to be fimiliar with Christians who struggle with this, and to admonish them to pray for each other and to try and make you understand why God made these body parts which are being used as the objects of people lust.

again with the arrogance. why is it your place to admonish anyone?
^that's me being sincere

At the end, Jesus will show you what possesion is, and how it destroys the soul, and he will show you what these images will do to a man if they keep pounding into the mind, I know myself what they do.

more arrogance from you there.
and again, i'm not scared of fictional or semi-historical figures

An instant of time, photographed onto a magazine of a ladies life, and this lady doesnt have a clue what shes causing to the soul.

a woman taking a provactive photograph is damaging her soul? what about a painting of a female nude? what about: nude descending a staircase?

the female form is beautiful, if you have a problem with it leave women alone and become a hermit

Ive seen souls so possesed by Lust, Madness that when a women walks by their face turns into a demon like fury.

uh huh.... that's probably not lust. that's more likely some other, deeper, psycholigcal issues.

have you ever seen that? Have you ever felt that?

a demon like fury? haven't really seen it
haven't really felt it either. i've felt a bit happy inside seeing a woman walk by if she's quite pretty and gives me a little smile.
the only time i've felt anything even akin to a "demon like fury" is when i hear people saying that certain people aren't equal to other people because of their race/sex/religion/area of origin... guess which one you've triggered. thankfully, as a person that practices buddhist meditation but doesn't believe in the stuff, i've learned to control my anger... kind of like a jedi

Youll see at the end how absolutely devistating these images are to souls.

they really aren't. what's more devastating is sexists like you that feel that women need to "know their place in the world"

peace.

you preach bigotry and ask for peace. that's hypocrisy
^more sincerity.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Women should know their place? And where, pray tell, would that be? Barefoot and pregnant? Waiting in the kitchen for her man to come home? Know her place...what a load of misogynistic nonsense.

Here I thought the Middle Ages were over...guess not.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
No madness, God made women from the mans rib. The NT says women are subject to their husband.

(sexist)

No. Women have the same rights of man and need to be treated equally. Once again you mis understand what im saying.

women were created for the man, with respect for each other.

(children dont know how to lie)

exactly what I mean. Their innocent. They have a built in humility that we loose when we lose our innocence.

They are sincere is what I mean.

(you think you know everything)\

Know I dont. I dont know how to spell good, I dont know anything except what God has taught me.

( you preach peace but...)

God will decide if im a hypocrite or not, not you. I love everybody, I love your soul too, im abliged to love everybody.

Whatever I do wrongly im sorry, and its Gods judgement to judge me.

peace.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Even since The Code of Hammurabi, there have been laws and rules to follow, some are necessary

I particularry liked this one,
132: If the "finger is pointed" at a man's wife about another man, but she is not caught sleeping with the other man, she shall jump into the river for [the sake of her] husband.

Hence comes the old saying,"why don't you go jump in the river."

Now I believe sex is beautiful, and

Beer is great, but we all know there is a delicate balance,

Rules and laws were set up in order to control the growing popualtion, why do you think they called kings rulers, lol, high priests, kings and kingdoms, civilization=religion.

Everything went horribly wrong from the beginning.

Or did it?

Could be it was all planned this way.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think what we're doing here is confusing God with religion. Does anyone REALLY know what God wants? Oh right, read the Bible. Hmm, like that book couldn't have been corrupted by an institution that wanted to keep the populous ignorant and compliant. Not pointing any fingers.

Let's look at this logically. If we're accepting the existence of God and he created us the way that we are finding pleasure in the appearance of the opposite sex is natural. That's how he made us. Sex is not only for procreation. It's for a bonding between mates. It is also pleasurable. Again, the way we were made. Did you know that the human female is the only female on the planet that derives pleasure from sex? I guess that blows the theory of "beastly pleasures" out of the water.

Sorry for using the term "blows."

As for sex being overly used in the media, no argument from me.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

As for sex being overly used in the media, no argument from me.

Nor I.

Of course we have to have lust and pleasure otherwise we wouldn't mate,

Wait, then why do animals mate?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Nor I.

Of course we have to have lust and pleasure otherwise we wouldn't mate,

Wait, then why do animals mate?

lust and pleasure... and instinct

they feel lust, they feel pleasure, even though they don't mate purely for pleasure... they just mate to make babies and have fun doing so

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
when a woman bends over, her backside looks like a penis. I wonder what the connection is...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join