It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skewed Point System?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me why I have SO much more BTS points than I have for PTS or ATS? I rarely, if ever, post at BTS. Yet, I have a much larger score for that than for PTS (where I'm at all the time). And y'all know this. Any way to rectify this discrepency?

Here's my numbers:

ATS Points: 131098
BTS Points: 68673
PTS Points: 50683

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You have much more ATS points than BTS.

When the point system changed from ATS-only to ATS/BTS/PTS points were allocated according to a formula which divided the points giving more to BTS than to PTS. I'm sure that's why you have so many BTS points.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
ATS Points: 131098
BTS Points: 68673
PTS Points: 50683

Reading it as words may be easier

One hundred thirty one thousand ninety eight ATS points
Sixty eight thousand six hundred seventy three BTS points
and
Fifty thousand six hundred eighty three PTS points

I think you may have just read the numbers wrong. You do have more ATS points than any other.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There is no reason for me to have BTS points. Period.

My points should be divided between the forums I post in.

I havn't posted ANYTHING in BTS for at least a year.

This is BS.

And ps.. I can see I have more ATS pts. I should.:shk:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
EKC, bored? Is it that important? You are beyond this.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
EKC, bored? Is it that important? You are beyond this.

No. Im not bored. It just makes no sense.

It should be rectified.

Unless you think I should be rewarded points for something I DO NOT contribute to.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Did you read my post above?

I explained why have BTS points there.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What does make me mad, though (NOT bored) is that points Im putting on the board (through posting) are going into BTS - which I never post on. Those points that I might earn should go where they belong - at PTS OR ATS. THAT is where I post.

Y'all know that.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Take it from a Ron Paul Republican: If you don't post at BTS, you should not rack up ANY BTS points. Period.

What kind of system is this?

For anyone who thinks this is a points issue (of vanity), I say, kill my BTS points. Void them. Or divide and add them to my other points (where they belong).

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
See this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

especially this:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
See this thread

especially this:

Thx for the linx, but the initial posts tell me nothing. Im not spending all night reading thru the comments.

Im just bringing attention to this b/c its stupid.

Pls, some tech wiz at ATS, just split my points where they belong at ATS and PTS. or just delete the BTS. Why put BTS points on me? Makes no sense.

And that's no slam on BTS. I just DON't go there. Much.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I was once a PTS COUNCIL representative. I should NOT have more BTS points than PTS.:shk:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If I post in a thread in ATS or PTS, the points go to those categories. If that thread is moved to BTS, do my points change to reflect the move or do they remain unchanged? If the former is true, it would explain why you have so many BTS points. Threads get dumped to BTS all of the time.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You do have some threads started in BTS that had replys, maybe you didnt notice all the replys, I didnt take number on how many are from BTS, but the replys might acount for some of your points.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
If I post in a thread in ATS or PTS, the points go to those categories. If that thread is moved to BTS, do my points change to reflect the move or do they remain unchanged? If the former is true, it would explain why you have so many BTS points. Threads get dumped to BTS all of the time.

Thanks. But my posts, I assure you are not BTS related.

Anyone here who knows me, knows that.

I've only been here since '03.:shk:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshkwamy
You do have some threads started in BTS that had replys, maybe you didnt notice all the replys, I didnt take number on how many are from BTS, but the replys might acount for some of your points.

Yes, I did post there a LONG time ago. But I havn't contributed to BTS in over a year. The thread or two I may have generated long ago could not possibly account for the points I've amassed.

Those points belong to ATS and probably moreso Pts.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
As much as I love ATS, you suck ATS for this blatent descrepency of points. My points belong to ATS and PTS - NOT your floundering BTS!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As it has been said, at some point many, many months ago, points were divided up between the three domains. I'm sure at that point, some of your points were transferred to BTS. Your posts on ATS and AP are not accumulating points on BTS. If you do not post on BTS, then these points have clearly been attained through the division of points some time ago.

This has been explained to you already, and as a longstanding member, you are aware of the Complaint feature.

If you wish to have your points adjusted, make use of this and have the staff take a look at it.

As it stands, I believe this issue has been explained.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join