It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have a recipe for Creamy Veggie Lasagne?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
When I used to have school dinners, the one dish I ever liked was a creamy lasagne with broccoli and leek (I think) and plenty other green veggies. It was really night, but I've never been able to find a recipe for it anywhere, all the Vegetable Lasagnes I find have tomato in them which I really don't like.

Maybe what I had wasn't a lasagne, but it had the same layered thing going on.

Can someone please help me?! Lol

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
i have seen such a thing,

usually "creamy" is just adding some cream to the tomato sauce base until it becomes creamy and this helps take away the strong tomato/pasta sauce type flavour.

substitute mince meat for a cupla cups of frozen peas/corn/carrots. (add broccoli or other veg if you want but not huge chunks, keep it small)

lightly boil frozen veg just to thaw it + warm it up.
put in frypan with tomato sauce (aka pasta sauce)
remove from heat, stir in a few tablespoons of cream so it goes a creamy pink colour (or more if you want more cream)

bechamel sauce: melt a few tbsp butter in saucepan gently, and add a tbsp or two of ordinary flour and mix in so it makes a paste and absorbs all the flour 100% (just add a small amount of butter or flour to correct it either way)

add 2 cups of warm milk, a little bit at a time. make sure paste is mixed into milk well before adding more milk.
then add about 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and stir it in.
taste it, you should have a thick white sauce with a cheesy flavour.

layer creamy vegy sauce in a pan, put a good drizzle of bechamel over it. Put lasagne sheet ontop. Then continue adding sauce/bechamel/pasta in layers until all creamy sauce/lasagne sheet is used up (about 5- 7 layers of pasta it'll be, i usually get 2 large lasagne out of a pack of lasagne sheets)

once you add the last dry lasagne sheed smother the top with bechamel sauce (only bechamel, no creamy sauce) and then sprinkle regular cheese over the top and bake in an oven.

generally, you cover with foil and cook @ about 220c for about 20min, remove foil + cook another 20min uncovered until cheese is golden brown.

enjoy!

[edit on 18/7/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Thank you!!! Now I just need a way to coerse my boyfriend into eating Lasagne...

Thank you again!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i recommend tweaking the flavours of the sauces as you make them.

i like more parmesan in my bechamel sauce, taste it and add more as needed.

same as the veggie creamy pasta sauce mix, try a bit of cream as mentioned above and if its not creamy enough for your liking add a tablespoon at a time till you get it right.

my wife likes more cream in her "creamy" type sauces than i do.

oh and make sure 100% of the pasta sheets are covered in sauce for a perfect lasagne. (any exposed "dry" sheet will go hard and burn
)

let us know how it works out for you.

top topics

join