It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian music thread.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The headliner from the first concert I ever went to. One of the most incredible voices I've ever heard, the lady gives me goosebumps when she hits the high notes. Too bad I don't really enjoy her music, but I have to say she is one of the best live performers I've ever seen - she's right up there with Neil Diamond.

In the words of the old mayor who introduced her at the concert "I present to you an incredibly talented young man, who is sure to be a star someday - KD Lang'.
Boy, was he embarrassed when she set him straight.

Three Cigarettes in an Ashtray - She sang this when I saw her, but in those days, the cigarettes were lit. The last 50 seconds of this is amazing.

Crying - I could have put the video she did with Roy Orbison instead, but he's not a Canuck.

Johnny Get Angry - Saturday Night Live performance

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Rush - Circumstances

"Plus ca change
Plus c'est la meme chose
The more that things change
The more they stay the same"

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I thought that it would be a nice change of pace if I posted some 'not-so-great' music.

It's not the best stuff that's ever been produced here, but I'm no music snob (I like Belly, shoot me
). All a song has to do is have a beat I can dance to and I'm happy.

Massari ft Belly - Rush the Floor

Belly ft Nina Sky - Don't Be Shy

fixed video.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And now by way of apology, I'll post something a little better.

When Moist broke up
David Usher went solo. I think it all pretty much sucks except for one song. Here's three versions of one awesome song!

Black Black Heart - fast, kind of rock version

Black Black Heart - slowed down remix with far more of the opera sampling (genius!) and an opera singer

Black Black Heart Live - the best of the bunch! The faster, rock version with the sampling and opera singer. The old David shines through and you mourn for what could have been had Moist not split up.
(starts about 1:40 in)

And just because it makes me laugh every time I see it - the Back Dorm Boys lipsyncing to the Chinese language version of the song.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What a great thread intrepid. I have just about every song on this thread on my computer all ready. Love home grown tunes.

Ok a couple from me. East Coast band that really defies definition. Slowcoaster.These guys are amazing live. Check some of the other vids on the link.

And another east coast band, this one from PEI, now out of Halifax.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My theme for this post is Juno performances - for the non-Canucks that's like a Canadian Grammy.

DJ Champion - No Heaven (Good song
)

Fiest - Mushaboom (she recovers beautifully from a technical problem
)

Three Days Grace - Pain (best version from the Junos I could find for this song that I absolutely love)

Nickelback - Savin' Me (Is it just me or does every single one of their songs sound exactly the same?)

Simple Plan - Shut Up (sound is ok, but the video isn't the greatest)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
For the ECMA's last weekend, I offer up a couple of the winners. One of my favorite local bands. Kicks ass live.

joel plaskett and the emergency

A local hip hop artist. Love this song. He was nominated for hip album of the year.

classified

And if these guys are in your neck of the woods, GO SEE THEM. Trust me.

wintersleep

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey Trep? Remember this one?

Great party tune!

What a Feeling Crowbar (1971)

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Make Me Do Foot in cold water

~Ducky~

[edit on 13-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oooh, the thread lives!

I like Classified.

Fall From Paradise

More Buck65.
I don't think I posted this one yet.

Indestructible Sam

removed video that didn't work.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'd really love to get my hands on some MIA videos for a long trip we'll be taking... Edward Bear, James Leroy, Ian Thomas, Toxic, Goddo, Gowan, Aldo, Kitty Rye, Nickel Belt Hammers... I'm missing some early Stampeders stuff... some early Max Webster... gee, there's so many. Lighthouse, Mash McCann, Crowbar. I'd love to sail into Valencia playing "Climbing A Cloud" with the Bose set on 11.

Canada is fortunate. New stuff... the Plaskett Emergency was fun, Moldy Peaches... Yanofski played Carnegie last week (best jazz show I've ever seen in Toronto... in over a decade). Montreal is "so" happening in two or four languages I can't keep up... it's like the potholes.

There's this garage band in TO (Scarberia)... twin lead guitars (very Suthern' sounding) a bit like Molly Hatchett... all arabic and hindi kids. Big sound. Very tight, great drummer (she's "hot" like Scientology isn't). They don't have a name but I hope they make it through the winter; you'd swear you were in Mussel Shoals or down in Athens if you close your eyes while they are playin' Freebird. Nice blend of cultures, guitar rock and rap. I tried to get them for our after Christmas Party... but they have families who don't let them do much more than jam at this point. I don't think they do waltzes...

Great thread, I've enjoyed the music, thanx.

Vic

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
New band LOW LEVEL FLIGHT Lead singer is Ryan Malcolm who was the winner of Canadian Idol. They were supposed to play at a bar in my city last night, but the show was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales. MAN AM I STEAMED!!! People in my city wouldn't know good music if it hit them in the head....
SAY

CHANGE FOR ME

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sweet City Woman - Stampeders

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This band must have flown under the radar. I don't know how I missed them. From Whitby On, Protest the Hero, it's metalicious:

Blood Meat

Blindfolds Aside

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey Intrepid! I saw them on MuchMusic. They do rock! Good on you for posting them!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
FINALLY, someone uploaded some Valdy on YouTube:

Rock and Roll Song

A Simple Life/Give Back the Rookery

There are many more. Yes I Can, Peter and Lou, Streets of Whitehorse(my fav.) Not on YouTube though.

I saw him a few years ago at a local school, just him and his guitar. GREAT show.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Shocore - Bonecracker

I need a pair of those pants with the flames.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Further proof of my questionable taste in music.

Rick Threat - Dirty Girl

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here's some downright crappy Canadian Music - and if I think it's crap, it must be pretty bad.

Candi - Under Your Spell

Shawn Desman - Shook

Alanis ('I use my last name now in hopes that people will forget my earlier music' Morrissette)- Walk Away

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Cadence Weapon...

ill Scarlett

Tokyo Police Club

Basia Bulat in NYC

[edit on 6-3-2008 by V Kaminski]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join