It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain's candidacy is OVER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
John McCain's candidacy for the Republican nomination is all but over. Today, two of his most trusted campaign advisors hit the exits. I'd go so far as to say his campaign is on life support. I'm predicting that he won't make it past the first major primary.

This is the biggest surprise yet of this pre-campaign season. Last year it was commonly believed that McCain would be the one to beat for the nomination. As in, lock. Even I saw the probability.

But he sure has gone out of his senile way to destroy his own chances. Its been something to behold; something I wouldn't have predicted.

His flame-out is epic. Like a fighter going down in smoke and flames. How ironic. He ends the way he began.:shk:

Its sad; and pathetic that a couple of A*# wipes like Rudy McRomney are killing him off with their money and myths. McCain was once a much better man than they could ever hope to be.

Its over now. And it'll be interesting to see just how long McCain hangs in there. Any bets?

Two of McCain's Senior Advisers Leave Campaign

By ADAM NAGOURNEY
Published: July 10, 2007
WASHINGTON, July 10 - Two senior advisers to Senator John McCain of Arizona, including one of his closest longtime associates, announced today they were leaving his presidential campaign. The departures are the latest wave of turmoil to sweep over Mr. McCain's troubled effort to win the Republican presidential nomination in 2008.

www.nytimes.com...

Posted at 01:07 PM ET, 07/10/2007
Where McCain Stands Now
If you need to understand just how serious the damage is to Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) presidential campaign as a result of the resignations of two top strategists, you need only look at our earlier post on McCain's Inner Circle.
blog.washingtonpost.com...

July 10, 2007
Read More: White House

Will McCain's big change work?

John McCain without John Weaver is like George Bush without Karl Rove. Top Republicans were skeptical the shakeup will work, with one operative predicting the campaign "could dissolve pretty quickly."

www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Never did like McCain, he was always looking for ways to work with the Democrats. That kind of bi-partisianship disqualified him long ago for me.

Some will think it was his support for VICTORY in Iraq, but that has nothing to do with it. Most Republicans support this.

It was his reducing free speech by sponsoring and passing the McCain/Feingold Bill, and also trying to team up with Ted Kennedy in the McCain/Kennedy Failed Amnesty Bill.

I am waiting for McCain to exit the race quickly, and grovel for the next few months, and maybe get selected by Mrs. Bill Clinton to be her running mate.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
McCain is toast because of his nauseating fealty to Bush, his support for the war and immigration. Oh yah, and throw in a little (alot) pandering to the Christian right. After slamming them. And being (gasp) tolerant towards other groups.

The combination is just unacceptable. He seems to be the only one at this point who does not see the writing on the wall.

That's why WONKETTE calls him WALNUTS!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Back in the ATS day, before they split all the boards up, this subject would have been hot potatoes.

But maybe the inactivity on this thread proves that McCain's candidacy is dead in the water.

There hasn't been a single reply all day.

:shk:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Geesh, RRconservative, being willing to cooperate like an adult makes McCain unqualified to be President in your eyes? And people say that uber-partisan bickering is one of the reasons our government can't get anything done....

I have to say that I've been very disappointed in McCain over the past few years. He put forth a good showing in the runup to the 2000 election - at the time I was disappointed because I wouldn't be quite old enough to vote in the primaries that time around - but he's completely sold out his maverick credentials of late. Frankly, I don't think he deserves to be President, since it seems like his entire campaign for the nomination in 2000 was either: A) a total lie, as he hasn't been acting like someone willing to speak truth to power in a number of years; or, B) something he is willing to abandon in the name of trying to satisfy the Republican base and win the nomination this time around.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What happened to McCain couldn't be more deserving. He needs to retire from public service immediately.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhloydPhan
Geesh, RRconservative, being willing to cooperate like an adult makes McCain unqualified to be President in your eyes? And people say that uber-partisan bickering is one of the reasons our government can't get anything done....

The less government does the better! Remember it's only bi-partisianship when Democrats get Republicans to agree with THEM.

The only strong Republican's are the ones that gets Democrats to agree with them. No compromise! There is going to be alot of surprised weak-kneed Repubicans, when we start running some real conservatives against them in their primaries.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhloydPhan

The most successful politicians and statesmen know that diplomacy and cooperation is the only way to make things happen.

One thing I miss about being a PTS Counsel member is the behind the scenes maneuvering/working with fellow counsel members (who often disagreed on most everything).

It was great working with all of them.

Anyway, McCain shouldn't be criticized for working with folks across the aisle. He should be criticized for selling his soul to Dumbya.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
The only strong Republican's are the ones that gets Democrats to agree with them. No compromise! There is going to be alot of surprised weak-kneed Repubicans, when we start running some real conservatives against them in their primaries.

Hello 25%,

No compromise? Good luck with that platform.:shk:

Your 'real conservatives' have all but destroyed the Republican party with their hypocracies, corruption and perversities. DC power must be one hell of an aphrodesiac. I mean, going back to the dawn of the 90s, these guys claimed to be the most moral and upright humans on the face of the earth. REAL CONSERVATIVES are ignored in today's GOP. Ron Paul, anyone? He'd make a good president, possibly one of the most ethical in our history. He is a true conservative Republican, through and through. Today's academics refer to his political class as Paleo Conservative. The 'real conservatives' you refer to and pine for are nothing but snake oil salesmen.

The only way the Republican party will heal itself in the short term is if a (false flag) terror attack occurs and freaked out lemmings flock back.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
RR is a NeoCons, not a conservative. Nixon was more of a Republican than RR. Of course he is in the 25%, the "Moral Majority" is the minority by a large amount.

Although, what's moral about sleeping with prostitutes, raping kids, lynching gays and blacks, worshipping Bush, torturing the innocent, spending more in a year then every president did in the first 200 years, and all the other things the GOP has done in the past 30 years?

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Lightstorm]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightstorm

Although, what's moral about sleeping with prostitutes, raping kids, lynching gays and blacks, worshipping Bush, torturing the innocent, spending more in a year then every president did in the first 200 years, and all the other things the GOP has done in the past 30 years?

A searing indictment, indeed.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

RR is a NeoCons, not a conservative. Nixon was more of a Republican than RR.

What in God's name are you talking about?

And how can you be "a NeoCons"?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

RR is a NeoCons, not a conservative. Nixon was more of a Republican than RR.

What in God's name are you talking about?

And how can you be "a NeoCons"?

The difference between a Republican and a political leach (Neo Conservative).

Have you ever mispelled anything? Probly not.:shk:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
To me it sounds like a label he spit out without thinking. I'm asking what he means. As nice as you were to translate, I think he can handle himself successfully.

ape

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
It was his reducing free speech by sponsoring and passing the McCain/Feingold Bill.

If these are your standards RR then why do you support Fred Thompson? that bill was originally going to be named Mccain/Feingold/Thompson and his support for that bill was crucial. He also voted for amnesty already in his senate career, in 1997 he voted to grant amnesty to close to one million illegal aliens from Nicaragua and Cuba.

Mccain and Thompson are identitcal.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by ape]

new topics

top topics

join