It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you control your dreams?Is it normal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I always have a recurring nightmare since I was a child. In the dream I'm always getting chase by something. It has been people, monsters, animals, helicopters you name it, and the thing is that I always got killed or beat up or something. Of course as a young kid I was terrified so my mom took me to the doctor and he put in my mind the idea that I could control my dreams and sort of help me to the develop the skills to do it.

Now even though I still have the dreams I manage to control the degree of danger in them, I can fly in my dreams to get away from things chasing me, I can remind myself that is just a dream repeatdetly while sleeping and just wake up. Is this normal?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's normal for people that have lucid dreams. I sometimes realize im dreaming and then can make anything manifest and do whatever fancies me. The wiki page on lucid dreaming will give you a little more info about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddoT
It's normal for people that have lucid dreams. I sometimes realize im dreaming and then can make anything manifest and do whatever fancies me. The wiki page on lucid dreaming will give you a little more info about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow! Thanks for that info, I was completely ignorant to this, this is outstanding, at least I know now im not crazy.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I once had a dream I could control, I actually reversed time, now that would be handy in reality.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
For anybody that wants more info on this there is a great discussion on the issue in ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I believe the brain can control everything since it is the organ that creates all the images. We just have to figure out how to control the brain.

new topics

top topics

join