It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The u2u button stays red but I have no new u2us. You can help stop this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This usually happens when a member sends a u2u to another member but capitalizes the members name when it isn't(and vice versa I think). For example, my username is "intrepid" but if a member sends me a u2u with "Intrepid", I'll read it and it will still say that I have a u2u waiting to be read. You can delete or save the u2u and it will go away. However if the member sending the u2u takes a few seconds to get the username right, it will seriously cut down on these incidents, and the resulting BB&Q threads on this matter.

Not sure of a members username? Use the "search members" button up by your "members center" button. It will give you the correct spelling of the member you want to contact.

Search members.

Bottom of the page. Enter name and click.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It would probably be a lot easier if they would fix the upper-lower case glitch.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
It would probably be a lot easier if they would fix the upper-lower case glitch.

If it could be "fixed" I think it would have been by now. Is a little effort too much to ask?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My username starts with a capital, does it work the opposite for me? (Small letters cause it?)

The only time I get those glitchy ones that I have to delete to get rid of is the mass U2Us sent out by the admin.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
My username starts with a capital, does it work the opposite for me? (Small letters cause it?)

I believe so but as I'm on the other end of the spectrum, I'm not sure.

Edit: testing this.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yup, test completed. It works the same if you don't use a capital when needed.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Doesn't it happen if a u2u is sent to more than one person, and they all haven't read it yet, aside from capitilization errors?

[edit on 10/7/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Doesn't it happen if a u2u is sent to more than one person, and they all haven't read it yet, aside from capitilization errors?

I haven't had this problem.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Nope. When sending to multiple persons, there will be multiple out messages. They will unbold independently

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
But...

Originally posted by chissler
There are times with certain members, as zaph said, or the Admin u2u's, that they will not mark themselves as Read. A part of this is due to the fact if the u2u has been sent to more than one person. If someone sends you and I a u2u, and I have read it but you have not, it will still be marked as unread for me, until you have read it too.

That explains some of it.

Lots of members have had that problem with Admin u2u's and such...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Lots of members have had that problem with Admin u2u's and such...

Could be en but I have never had that problem.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Alright, I just didn't want to be tellin' people the wrong things when they ask why it happens...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, intrepid.

I'm erasing all my messages i tend to hang onto and see if that will clear it up.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Typically, the best "sure cure" fix for You Have U2Us is to empty your Inbox.

No need to Delete them all ... "Save" what you wish, and go from there ... just be sure to empty the Inbox.

I've yet to see a situation where the above didn't work. (?)

$.02

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

I've yet to see a situation where the above didn't work. (?)

I have. Go to the ATS Gear Store, and tell me what your member center icon looks like from that page (Gear Store)

(Actually, it is the older style of u2u message "you have u2u's" - flashing red)

Ironically this was brought up first by the ATS member "Gear", iirc.

*You just can't make things like that up * lol

$.03

[edit on 7/10/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
hi - would " predictive completion " be feasible ?

here is what i mean :

type in and - and it gives you a drop down of members whoes usernames start with those letters

and when you click a name - it fills the recipeinet form in with CORRECT captialisation - but does not need it to ` guess ` which names to offer you

its used on a few forums i frequent - would it be possible / practical to impliment it on ATS ?

the forums i saw it on only have a couple of thousand members each - and both are running straight off the shelf forum host packages

[edit on 12-7-2007 by ignorant_ape]

new topics

top topics

join