It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Do We Assume Vids-photos-stories are FAKE or REAL?

page: 2
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bocephus

Here's news footage for you...
keep your eyes to the skies cuz they are there and not always visible...video.google.com...


Hello Bocephus,
The WTC UFO video you linked to was shown here on ATS in the
March 2007 time-frame. It is very exciting, but was proven to be
a hoax.
-cwm




posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have a thread thats been up for a little while that relates very closely with this. Its the If you think you saw a UFO... thread, and the concept is to:

- Document Known Phenomena commonly mistaken for UFOs
- Document Characteristics of Credible Sightings
- How to spot a Hoax or Fake
- Compile this data into an interactive "guide book"
- Discuss member sightings as we go along.


If you are fed up with all the video posts that end up being debunked or hoaxed, then do your part to help these people make better decisions about their footage before posting it with wild claims. This will also help those that may have legit sightings as well.

The more we can educate ourselves and document the criteria for analyzing UFO footage, the better.

I have a podcast discussing this thread and project as well. Click here to listen to The NinjaCast - Episode 01.

OP, I really didn't mean to troll on your thread - I just thought this was very closely related to the good points you have brought up here. Just wanted everyone to be aware that there is a small group of us trying to do something about the problem.



posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
My take is that everything is real until proven fake.
It's like the law system innocent until proven guilty.

The poster is the defendant, the post is the court room,
and we(the readers) are the judges!



posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That's a great thread, damajikninja. Very good for helping we ATS
members ascertain what is worth filming, posting, etc.. But I think
many people feel in their heart that a video of balloons tied together
(as an example) is an actual UFO. Thankfully though, after 10 or
15 people weigh in with their analysis, the Original Poster often
gives in and says, "Yeah, you guys are probably right. I'll try to
be more selective going foward".



posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Assume:

1. to take for granted or without proof; suppose; postulate; posit: to assume that everyone wants peace.

Isn't an assumption nothing more than a belief based on a fiction? How can anyone arrive at the truth or proof assuming anything? The truth will never be found using assumption as a tool(?) for proving anything.

Let the evidence speak for itself. If the evidence is weak then drop it, if it is strong then run with it. Let rational, common sense thought rule. Toss what is blatantly fantasy out the window and keep the facts as stepping stones to show the truth or the lie. Everyone has a built in BS meter - not many people use it or they flat out ignore it.

Keep the analysis of any given story, image, video very basic and very real and accept the fact that 85% of the time there is a real and very earthly explanation for the topic at hand or it is a flat out lie. The other 15% are proof that there is something unknown and unexplainable happening, not that it is alien, military, multidimensional or whatever you may want to think, but that it is something that is at this time unprovable.

Its never about you, its never about me and its not about us - its about the truth. (Eeek - awfully Mulderesque of me isnt it?)


[edit on 13-7-2007 by Lost_Mind]



new topics

top topics
 
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join